Chapter 6

Why Did I Fall in Love With You?

 I just wanted to update before I leave on a road trip with my family. Not very excited for it though because I'll be the one driving :(. I hate driving with a burning passion hotter than 3 Africas. lolol Well I hope to get some feedback when I return home! :D

This chapter I focused on 2 things that happen to start with the letter 'C': Comedy and Cuteness.

All you TaeNyu fans, this is a pleasant gift to you (hopefully) :D

I wish you all the best and to have fun!


Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

I didn't dare bring the anniversary present into the dorm in case Mi Nyu happened to stumble upon them which is quite likely since she seems to inhabit the most obscure locations in the house. The bag ended up in the trunk of my car; an added bonus because I needed to make the stars at work. Last night, I secretly printed the easiest steps to make them from an online source.

It doesn't look too difficult.

xD

Make a knot...Aish! The tail is too long.

I crumpled up the purple paper with blue hearts on them. I took a green strip with white hearts on them.

Green one ..You better not fail me.

"Okay! The company that took your pictures a few days ago just sent us the copies! We need to choose a couple and send it back so that it can be printed and shipped all over Korea! I've prepared a slideshow," President Anh announced.

Now the tail is too long!

I ripped the strip to shreds and added to the ever growing trash mountain next to me.

What am I doing wrong! I've been following these stupid instructions word for word!

Shin-Woo sensed my frustration and stole a red one which he made a star within a minute. I 'hmphed' at him and resisted to acknowledge his skill. He set the perfectly made star in front of me and glanced at the screen.

"What's the difference between the previous one and the one shown right now?" Mi Nam asked, "Oh wait, I look ier in this one," he answered his own question.

President Anh sighed and clicked forward. Mi Nam clicked his tongue, "Damn, I just keep getting hotter and hotter."

"I wish you would just catch on fire and shut up already," Jeremy muttered.

"Why are you even here, JEREMY?" Mi Nam raised his voice, "You're not even part of the drama!"

President Anh squinted in the dark and spotted Jeremy hiding under the table. "Jeremy, out," he commanded.

"Aish...Thanks, Go Mi Nam," Jeremy said as he got up.

"Go practice your drums. Remember, there's a concert coming up," the president said.

"I will," Jeremy gloomily promised.

President Anh patted his back, "Remember. Jackpot!"

I accidentally ripped part of the paper and I threw it away.

Anything I make should be perfect.

"All for this picture raise your hand," President Anh said.

I glanced up and saw that most of everyone's hand in the room were up so I raised mine too. We voted for several other pictures as I fumbled around making fail stars. "We picked the most beautiful pictures. I'll send them the bunch as soon as possible. Go take a break," smiled President Anh.

I stayed in my seat and reread the guide for the fiftieth time. "Do you need help, Tae-Kyung?" Shin-Woo asked.

"No," I responded.

"If you fold it like that, you won't have enough paper to wrap it up. But it you fold it like this," he said, taking the paper from my hands. "you'll have more than enough and the star will be too stiff to inflate. The best method is to use your pointer finger to measure." Shin-Woo made the knot and started to wind the strip and made another perfect star.

I copied his way and I got the same results. I smiled at the flawless piece of origami in my palms.

Mi Nyu better be grateful for my hardship on this.

Shin-Woo's Point of View

So that's what Tae-Kyung bought yesterday. He's probably preparing something for Mi Nyu.

I laughed quietly to myself.

I have never seen Tae-Kyung try so hard for someone other than himself.

Another mess up; a higher pile. The colorful paper brought up fond memories from the past.

Flashback:

"I've be voted to become the president of the origami club!" Park Si-Yeon promptly announced when she sat down at the table with her lunch.

"That's great. I am proud of you," Min Jun-Kyul flashed a smile.

"Congratulations!" I said.

She grinned, "I can expect both of you there, right?"

Jun-Kyul scooped a spoonful of rice into his mouth. "Find both of us where?"

Si-Yeon hit him playfully. "At the origami club, Silly."

He shook his head. "Nah, nah. I am not interested. I have a business club to attend. The only paper I play with is money," he smiled.

Park Si-Yeon looked disappointed, "Then Shin-Woo?"

"Sure. I have nothing else to do and folding paper sounds fun," I lightly laughed.

"You're the best!" she said.

"Yah, what about me then?" Jun-Kyul feigned hurt.

"Shin-Woo Oppa is slightly better than you now, Oppa," Park Si-Yeon joked.

xD

"Hello everybody. I am your new club president," Park Si-Yeon bowed as everyone applauded. "We have a new club member, Kang Shin-Woo."

Everyone's eyes turned to me and I dipped my head. "Kang Shin-Woo joined? He's such a cutie! I am glad I joined this club!"

"If all of you can take a seat, we'll begin. Okay, let's start with something easy today, stars."

Si-Yeon taught us how to make them and walked around to assist students that needed help; I was one of them.

"Oh, Shin-Woo. Not like that. Your star is going to be flimsy," she laughed and showed me the correct way. Some girls snickered with jealousy behind us.

"Look at her. She thinks she can be informal to him just because our Shin-Woo Oppa saved her once," they muttered amongst themselves.

I could see Si-Yeon tear up as she tried to continue to give me advice. I touched her hand softly, "Don't mind them."

She nodded and resumed her instructions.

Be strong, Park Si-Yeon.

Mi Nyu's Point of View

I woke up before the alarm clock went off and quickly reached over to stop it from ringing. I didn't want to disturb him from his much-needed sleep.

Hyung-nim looks relaxed and carefree when he sleeps.

I smiled to myself and lightly brushed one of his eyebrows with my pointer finger. He knitted his brows and turned the other way. I exhaled quietly and tried to go back to sleep. I scooted closer to him and slipped my arms underneath him so that we can cuddle.

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

I woke up prematurely because I felt Mi Nyu's gentle arms wrap around me. "What?" I moaned groggily.

She gasped in shock, "Sorry! I didn't mean to wake you up."

I muttered something unintelligible before falling slightly back to sleep. "But do you know what day it is?" Mi Nyu asked joyfully.

I rolled onto my stomach. "I don't know," I whined into the pillow. "Tuesday?"

She scooted closer in response. "Wrong answer."

I sighed. "It's my day off. Why are you doing this to me?"

"Okay, I'll let you sleep in," disappointment coated her words.

Before she got out of bed, I turned around and took her in my arms. "Sleep in with me," I suggested and snuggled closer to her. I rested my chin on top of her head. "Happy 2 month anniversary," I muttered.

Mi Nyu giggled. "What?" I asked with my eyes closed.

"Your Adam's apple is tickling my cheek," she laughed again.

"Really?" I started to hum while Mi Nyu fidgeted around but I held her closer than ever.

xD

"What should we do today?" I asked her when she sat down to share breakfast with me.

"The weather looks nice today," Mi Nyu remarked.

"Then should we take a walk at the park?" I pondered.

She beamed, "That sounds fun and relaxing."

I yawned. "Yeah, I don't feel like putting up with many hassles today. The fans have been getting...touchier lately."

Mi Nyu gasped. "Where did they touch you?"

"They've been attracted to my hair. Something about how luscious it was. I should get a haircut, huh?" I said bitterly as I thought back to all those thousands of greasy, dirty hands that managed to mangle my hair when security wavered a bit. That traumatic memory lead to another of me having to take 40 showers and 12 bottles of shampoo before I felt safe and clean again. I shivered to dispel the horrific images.

"Hyung-nim would look good either way," Mi Nyu commented.

"Just good? Not great?" I teased.

She pouted, "You always do this when I compliment you."

I looked around warily. "Where's your aunt?"

"She probably went out to meet her friends. Why?"

"She's touchier than the fans," I muttered.

xD

"Are you ready?" I asked Mi Nyu as she stumbled down the stairs while fumbling with her summer dress.

"Yes."

There shouldn't be any children or teenagers at the park right now since they have school. So we'll be fine if the park is just full of older people.

I opened the door for Mi Nyu but we were met with flashing lights and men firing questions and girls shrilling.

"Happy 2-month anniversary, Tae-Kyung Oppa and Mi Nyu Unnie!"

"You two look like you're about to go somewhere special!"

"Where are you going!"

"How are you going to celebrate this day?"

"Oppa! We love you!"

I slammed the door shut and locked it. "Aish, how did they get past security and the gate? The freaking 40ft gate?" I pulled out my cell phone and dialed President Anh's number. "Do you know there's about

a hundred people outside of the dorms right now?" I shot. "Where are all the guards and why are they not doing their jobs?"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you; I gave them a day off. They jumped over the gate?" he asked incredulously.

I let out a frustrated sigh, "Apparently!"

"Aish, Tae-Kyung, I don't have time for this. Just stay inside, okay?" President Anh urged. "I promise they'll be gone when I drop the boys home. Have a nice day!" he wished and hung up.

I glared at my phone and then at the door that separated us from them. "Looks like we're locked in."

"So what do we do now?" Mi Nyu asked.

xD

"You, Pig-Rabbit, have the honor to have this," I handed her a soap-soaked rag, "use it wisely."

She took it in both of her hands and bowed, "Ah, yes. I am glad that I have your complete trust for you to allow me to do this," she smiled.

I grabbed another cloth from the bucket, "I'll start at my desk then."

Mi Nyu walked steadily to my CD shelf behind me holding the wiper under a cupped hand to prevent dripping water all over the floor. I polished my tabletop with one eye trained on Mi Nyu. I feared that she was going to knock it down again and cause an injury to herself.

"So what did you do with that cursed photo album of mine?" I asked casually.

She was hesitant to answer and concentrated on cleaning my assortment of rare CDs, records, and videos. "Huh?" I prompted.

"I...Someone in your collection has it," she dodged.

"My mother? Why is she in possession of it?" I questioned.

Mi Nyu paused to dip the fabric in the lukewarm water. "I just wanted her to see what your childhood was like," she defended herself.

"You didn't ask me," I replied bitterly.

She turned to face me, "I needed your permission to do that?"

I sensed that our conversation was going to lead to an argument; the last thing I want to happen, especially today. "Didn't we agree to discuss everything major? You're already breaking the rules."

Her eyes widened, "I did?"

I smirked, "Of course."

I chuckled softly when she went back to washing the shelves. "How should you be punished now?" I pondered.

"P-Punished?" she stuttered.

"Laws are enforced through punishment. If there are no consequences, who would follow rules?" I teased.

Mi Nyu hung her head in defeat, "Yes, I understand."

"I'll think of one later," I promised.

"Take your time," Mi Nyu eagerly answered.

It took a few hours for our room to be dust-free and it was completed without an incidents except for a tipped over bucket and a small splash fight in the bathroom.

I crashed onto the bed and exhaled nosily. "Finally! We're done."

Mi Nyu flopped down beside me, "It's so clean now!"

"What are you talking about? My room has always been clean. It's just cleaner," I argued.

Her smiling face was inches from mine. "That's true. But what are we going to do now?"

I shut my eyes. "Sleep," I suggested and rolled over to my side.

"That's not fun!" Mi Nyu objected. "How about I give you a facial!"

 

I turned back around and met her eyes. "What? A facial? As in putting stuff on my already flawless face?"

"Yes. Aunt Mi-Ja bought me some nice cream that I haven't used yet," she said sincerely.

I folded my arms. "And you want to experiment on me first?"

"Well..you can give me a facial too!"

"So that we both look idiotic? That's a wonderful exchange," I said cynically.

She was hurt by my words and I can see it on her expression. My face grew softer in response. "But that's okay because being in love is being stupid together, right?" I smiled lightly.

Mi Nyu cheered up and nodded once. "Yes!" She hopped off the bed and scurried to the drawer where she keeps her supplies. She inspected the jar and read the instructions out loud. "'Wash face with warm water before applying cream' Hyung-nim, go wash your face," she ordered.

"Shouldn't the person giving the treatment be doing that?" I joked.

"Oh, that makes sense," Mi Nyu innocently said and went into the bathroom to retrieve a wet washcloth. I laughed quietly to myself.

She's so naive.

I sat up on the bed to make it easier for her. She gently dabbed my face and set the cloth aside. "Okay, I am going to put the cream on now."

It was green and it looked sickly. I took in a deep breath and closed my eyes. "Don't poke my eyes and don't get any of it in my mouth," I warned. I sat still as her slender fingers wiped the cold, thick paste onto my face. "Are you done yet?" I asked after a few minutes.

"Almost," she replied softly and smeared more of the agent onto my nose. "Okay. It's finished. You can open your eyes now."

I lifted my eyelids and felt the uncomfortable tightness of my face. "Mirror," I commanded. I wanted to see how ridiculous I looked. Mi Nyu passed me the glass and I was frightened by what I saw. "This is me? I look like the Hulk!"

Mi Nyu giggled, "Hyung-nim," she called.

I glanced at her and she took a quick picture with her phone. "Yah!" I reached over to grab it but she slipped it back into her pocket and held out the jar.

"After," she bargained.

"Fine," I agreed and dipped my finger in the cream. "Close your eyes." I quickly wrote 'dummy' on her forehead.

She grabbed the mirror and eagerly looked at her reflection. She frowned, "Hyung-nim!"

I laughed and smeared the cosmetic on her forehead until the words blended into a smooth green of nothingness. I continued to paint her face until it became identical to mine. This time she was satisfied when she glanced into the mirror. "Let's take a picture, Hyung-nim," she suggested.

"Should we?" I took my phone out and switched it onto camera mode. I held Mi Nyu close and snapped a photo.

"One more with my phone," proposed Mi Nyu. She held up a peace sign. "Cheese."

I changed my posture and scowled half a second before Mi Nyu clicked the button. "Hyung-nim! You ruined it!

"Alright. Alright. I'll be serious this time," I said with an appeasing laugh.

I smiled nicely and of course, the picture came out perfect. The booger-green mask made both of us look absurd. So comical that it gave me an ingenious idea. "I know how to punish you now."

Mi Nyu was startled. "W-what are you going to do?"

I grinned slyly. "Me? I am not going to do anything. You are."

xD

Mi Nyu's Point of View

I held the handle but I didn't turn it. "You really want me to do this?" I gulped.

Hyung-nim nodded and smiled mischievously. "Do I really, really have to?" I whined.

He motioned me to go ahead. I mustered up some courage and stepped out. Flashing lights, cheers, and gasps awaited me. I closed the front door behind me and braved myself to the demanding crowd.

"Oh my god! Is that Tae-Kyung Oppa's wife!"

 

"Go Mi Nyu! What happened?"

"Can we get details on your marriage?"

I pressed my lips self-consciously. "M-M-My husband is number 1!" I threw up both my thumbs and then rapidly whipping the door open to allow myself in. I locked the door and slid down to the floor. "Aish! That was so embarrassing!"

Hyung-nim's face was close to mine. "Suits you for breaking the rules," he grinned smugly. His lips started to close off the distance from mine. He paused when the fans started to ring the doorbell frantically. "Tch." He stood up straight and helped me up. "Do facial masks always burn like this? It feels as if it's scorching my skin.

I looked at him. "Now that you mention it, it does feel a bit stingy." I touched my cheek. "I-I don't think this is suppose to happen."

"Go check the jar," he ushered.

I ran upstairs to our room and looked at the warnings. "It doesn't say anything..."

He took the bottle from my hands and looked at the bottom. "Yah! This expired 8 months ago!"

I stuck my head out. "Eight months?"

Our eyes met for a second before we made a desperate dash to the restroom. We piled soap and cleansers onto our faces in attempt to eradicate the blazing sensation.

xD

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

I dried my neck with a soft white washcloth. "Aish. You're such a trouble maker."

"Sorry, I didn't know," she apologized and hung her head low.

I cleared my throat. "I am going to go on the internet."

"Oh! Me too!" Mi Nyu brightened.

I searched for recently printed new articles on idols to see if they posted my wife's picture yet. Mi Nyu seemed occupied on her laptop at the other end of my room. "What are you doing?" I asked her without looking away from my screen.

 

"Talking to some fans," she replied.

I logged in on my official website and saw her user-name was online. "Who are you talking to?" I pressed.

"The president of your fan club," Mi Nyu replied slowly. "Yay! It's up!"

"What is?" I asked curiously.

Is she playing the games on my site? The fans are highly competitive because they want to prove to one another who is the ultimate fan.

"The pictures we took earlier."

"Pig-Rabbits can't score high enough to beat the- WHAT? You sent them those pictures? Of us? Looking like Shrek!"

"No, I added to the 'Cute and funny Tae-Kyung Oppa photos' forum," she innocently said.

"What?" I was flabbergasted. "Why? Why did you do that?"

"Hyung-nim, the pictures aren't ugly. I just wanted to share."

"You're right. They're not ugly. They're EMBARRASSING."

"Ooh! Look, a hundred new comments!" she rejoiced.

I clicked to the same page and was welcomed with a large close up of our faces. Underneath were tons of praise. Every refresh produced more and more compliments. The fans clearly loved it.

I started to laugh. "They finally printed the articles."

Mi Nyu skipped to my desk. "What articles?" She gasped in shock and laughed with me. "'Number One Idol's Wife Makes First Public Appearance'" she read off my screen.

I read a paragraph, "'...Gave a surprising shock this afternoon when she came out wearing what seems to be a facial mask. It is suggested that the married couple were having a spa day within the house. It is unfortunate that Hwang Tae-Kyung did not emerge.' Spa day? Ha! Should I do your manicure and maybe perm your hair?" I asked sarcastically.

"Would you?" Mi Nyu played along.

I shut the computer off when I heard the band members having their typical arguments downstairs. "Finally. They're home."

What we saw in the living room was shocking. The three boys were wearing ripped articles of clothing and their hair were disheveled.

Did these idiots get into a fight with each other.

"What is going on?" I asked.

"We have vicious fans," Jeremy rubbed his arms as he shook.

Mi Nam patted his back. "Poor kid is traumatized. They stole my shoes and one of my socks," he narrowed his eyes.

"But other than that, we're fine," Shin-Woo said. He looked at Mi Nyu, "Aren't you guys going somewhere? It's your anniversary."

"How? With all those people outside?"

Shin-Woo pressed a finger to his lips. "Should we help you?"

"WE?" Mi Nam and Jeremy shouted in unison.

xD

Go Mi Nam's Point of View

The amount of love I have for my sister is limitless. But making me raw meat for these lions is asking too much!

"Hey look! It's me, Go Mi Nam! The singer! Follow me if you want exclusive interviews, autographs and maybe a kiss!" I ran into the fire.

"Hello! Would you like to share some candy with me and create sweet memories?" Jeremy said cutely.

The girls screamed and began to stampede. Jeremy and I ran not just for our lives but for our next lives.

We turned a corner and hid in a very tight space. "Mission complete. Team Unicorn have effectively cleared the front gate. Over," Jeremy said into a walkie talkie.

"What? Who gave you the right to name our team? And Team Unicorn? Are you out of your mind?"

Jeremy folded his arms. "It's a good name and I get to be team leader because I've been in the band longer than you!"

"But I am older than you."

"Your point is?"

"Aish. Jeremy!" I abducted the communication device from him. "Excuse me," I spoke into the walkie talkie, "But our code name has changed to Team Jail Bait. I repeat; Team Jail Bait."

"What the hell? That's inappropriate!" Jeremy argued.

"WILL YOU GUYS STOP MESSING AROUND?" Tae-Kyung's voice erupted from the speaker. It was so loud that we both jumped in response.

"There they are!" a girl screamed.

"Oh crap! Every man for himself!" I yelled and pushed Jeremy out of my way.

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

"I'll go hold off the rest of the reporters that Mi Nam and Jeremy didn't catch," Shin-Woo smiled lightly. "Have fun," he wished.

"Thanks Shin-Woo."

"Thank-you so much Shin-Woo Hyung," Mi Nyu said.

We waited a minute after he left. "Let's go," I announced.

xD

"I am not lying! The restaurant we're going to really makes a star cake," I justified.

I saw Mi Nyu roll her eyes when the car was briefly illuminated by the dim street lights. "I have never heard of it."

"So you don't believe me, your husband, just because you never heard of it?" I asked, astonished.

"Yes. Hyung-nim, you're lying. Therefore, you broke one of the commandments which means you get to receive a punishment," she said with an impish smile.

My eyes narrowed. "I am being completely honest. And you punish me. HA!" I snorted.

"So really, what restaurant are we going to that makes this fantasy star cake?" she sarcastically asked.

I sighed. "Fine. I lied to you. We're just going to one of those regular fancy restaurants I always bring you to. I had to lie though, otherwise you wouldn't want to go. I went through so much to make a reservation," I defended myself.

Mi Nyu wore a victorious grin. "See. It was a good thing I didn't believe you this time."

I half-laughed. "We'll talk about your consequences later," she added.

"Sure," I freely accepted.

"You're not afraid?" she joked.

"Should I be?" I challenged. I parked in front of the restaurant and let the valet take care of the car. Mi Nyu held the crook of my arm. "Special reservation for 2," I told the lady.

I could see that she was holding in her excitement at the sight of me. She cleared , "Ah, Hwang Tae-Kyung-Sshi. Follow me, please."

"Hyung-nim, they only have one kind of reservations. There's no need to add extra adjectives to impress me," Mi Nyu said softly.

"Yah, why are you belittling me so much tonight?" I harshly whispered.

"Your table is right here. Is it?" the waitress asked.

We were seated next to a window with a beautiful view of Seoul. "It's great. Thank-you," I said.

I pulled the chair out for my wife. "And what drinks would you like?" the worker asked.

I took a seat across from Mi Nyu, "Just water, unless you want something different?" I asked Mi Nyu.

"Water is fine," she said.

"Water it is then," the server said and strolled away, blushing.

"Seoul nightlife is so gorgeous," Mi Nyu commented. "I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing it."

"I know I won't get sick of seeing you," I said inaudibly.

"Huh?" Mi Nyu's eyes met mine.

"I said, why? I don't find the lights that appealing," I replied quickly.

"They look like stars except they're on the ground," she explained.

"So now you're a moth. Attracted to lights," I mocked.

"Your beverages." The waitress set down the cups. "Your specially arranged menu tonight will be ready in a moment."

"That's why a special reservation is different from a regular one," I smiled smugly. My phone rang suddenly. I excused myself and picked up the call. "Hello?"

Mi Nyu's Point of View

"What? What do you mean you can't finish the ca-" Hyung-nim's eyes flickered to mine. "Nevermind. I'll be there." He hung up and gave me an apologetic look. "Something came up with work. I have to go. I am sorry. Stay here and enjoy the dinner. Don't worry about the bill. Call me when you're done and I'll come drive you home," he dashed through his words and swiftly left.

"Your food is here," the girl said. After the good was on the table she glanced around. "Where's your husband?"

I tried to hide my sadness through my smile. "He had to attend to some work," I said.

She nodded emphatically. "I am sorry to hear that. Excuse me, but I have to go back to my job."

I diligently ate my food but it was very lonely to dine by myself. Of course, I couldn't finish a dinner for two. I ate my share and called a waiter if I could take it to go since I didn't like to waste food. He said that he'll pack the food for me and that he'll go bring out the dessert. I was going to call him back and tell him that the dessert wasn't necessary because I wasn't hungry anymore but he had already left for the kitchen and I didn't want to be a hassle.

He came back out with a medium sized cake in his hands. Like Hyung-nim said before, it was star-shaped. On top of the cake was a clear heart-shaped jar that held one paper star in it. I stared at it in awe. I didn't believe such service existed. I should have believed Hyung-nim. "Would you like a refill of water?" another waiter appeared and poured ice cold water into my empty cup.

I turned to thank him. "Th-," I recognized him, "Hyung-nim!" I could feel the tears gather in the corner of my eyes. "I thought you wouldn't come back!" I embraced him abruptly, almost spilling the pitcher that he held.

I felt him smirk. He patted my hair. "It's okay. I am here."

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

"Hwang Tae-Kyung-Sshi, we are sorry to inform you that we cannot complete the unique cake you ordered."

"What? What do you mean you can't finish the ca-?" I stopped myself from revealing the surprise. "Nevermind. I'll be there."

I made up a reason for my absence to Mi Nyu and rushed outside. I entered the restaurant by going into the back entry. "What's the explanation for this?" I furiously asked the crew.

'We're sorry. We'll refund your money right away," the manager said.

"Forget the money! Why can't you bake it?"

"The head chef and I had a problem that we failed to resolve. This unfortunate event resulted in him quitting," he admitted, embarrassed.

"But don't you have other chefs that can carry out this task?" I asked.

"We only have one pastry cook and it was the one who left," he said miserably. "We're terribly sorry. Please. We'll compensate you very well."

I threw my hands up. "For the last time, I don't want money! I just want that cake!"

He bowed his head in shame. "If you can wait a few hours or come back the next day..we'll have a new chef."

"I am not going to wait. My wife is out there expecting that cake!" I was flustered. I inhaled and thought of options to solve this mess. I opened my eyes. "I need ingredients," I said, determined.

I didn't care that I had flour on my cheek and nose; all I cared about at the moment was the success of the cake. Beads of sweat dribbled down as I waited for it to bake. I wiped my forehead with my sleeve just when the timer dinged.

I slowly pulled the cooked cake out of the oven. The manager watched my process from behind my back and handed me a knife. I cautiously cut the pastry so that it was shaped like a star. It was then covered in white frosting. The manager took my anniversary gift out of the bag and transferred it to me. I put a plastic cover on the cake that served as a base for the vase without getting icing on it.

The manager gave a relieved sigh. "When you retire from being an idol, maybe you should consider working here as a pastry chef," he laughed halfheartedly.

I gave him a dirty look which shut him up. "Hey you," I addressed a waiter that walked in, "Can you take this out to the table next to the window with a lone girl sitting there?"

"Sure. I was just going to bring out her dessert."

I took a pitcher of water and followed him out. "Would you like a refill of water?" I asked in my best butler impression.

My mind went blank when I saw her tears.

Did I do something wrong?

"Hyung-nim! I thought you wouldn't come back!"

She's so easy to please. Just my presence makes her so happy that she cries.

"It's okay. I am here." I bent my head closer to her and whispered in her ear, "I love you."

Mi Nyu bit joyfully into the cake. "You know, I made everything here," I boasted, attempting to get her to appreciate my hard work.

"You made the cake? It's delicious."

"And the star," I added.

She held the jar up to face level. "Whaa. It's so pretty. Did you really make this yourself."

"Of course. I am good at everything," I bragged. "I'll make you one every week. If you get a hundred you get to make a wish."

She leaned across the table and gave me a short and sweet kiss on the cheek. "Thank-you for everything."

"Y-yeah," I coughed in my fist and tried to calm my jumping heart.

"Omo! Is that Hwang Tae-Kyung?" a female voice sounded. "It is!" Park Si-Yeon stood in front of the table. "Hello! It's wonderful meeting you here! Oh! I am sorry for disturbing your dinner! You must be Go Mi Nyu! Hi! My name is Park Si-Yeon. I am Tae-Kyung-Sshi's co-star. It's a pleasure to meet you!" she held her hand out and Mi Nyu shook it.

"Hello," Mi Nyu dipped her head.

"Honey, the car is ready," a man dressed formally appeared beside her. He looked over at us and quickly bowed. "Good evening, Hwang Tae-Kyung-Sshi. My name is Min Jun-Kyul. I am Park Si-Yeon's boyfri-Fiancée ," he smiled.

I raised an eyebrow. "You're engaged?"

Si-Yeon shone brilliantly. "We just got engaged tonight!" She held a finger to her lips, "Don't tell anyone yet."

"Congratulations! We won't tell," Mi Nyu grinned.

"Ah, sorry but we have to go," Park Si-Yeon said.

"Good night," we bid.

"Drive safely," Jun-Kyul said. He wrapped his arms around Si-Yeon's shoulder and left.

"They look like a perfect couple. Park Si-Yeon-Sshi looks beautiful," Mi Nyu remarked.

"She is," I agreed.

Mi Nyu frowned. "What? What do you want me to say to that?" I asked.

"I noticed that Min Jun-Kyul is not too bad himself," she said, trying to get even.

"He is," I laughed when I saw her shocked expression. "Let's go home since you're finished."

I stood up and walked away. "Ah! Wait!" Mi Nyu cried and quickly finished the last bite of the cake.

xD

Shin-Woo's Point of View

Today was yet another slow and uncomfortable day. We were rehearsing our lines for the past 3 hours nonstop. After that incident with Park Si-Yeon, our relationship has gotten more awkward and unrewarding. Her refusal to acknowledge our past friendship clearly displayed her stubborn but strong personality. A knock interrupted our practice session. "Hello," Min Jun-Kyul greeted and came in holding bags. "I brought lunch for everyone if you guys don't mind."

When everybody had their portion Min Jun-Kyul stood in the center. "I have an important announcement to make."

Mi Nam snickered and quietly cursed him under his breath. "It's probably about money."

Park Si-Yeon joined Jun-Kyul's side. "We're getting married," they said together.

What? Si-Yeon is engaged?

Go Mi Nam spat his half-chewed food out. "What! Married?"

2 Months later...

Mi Nyu's Point of View

"We have to talk," I said hesitantly.

Hyung-nim concentrated on straightening his tie in the mirror. "Talk," he said.

I exhaled quietly. "I-I am pregnant," I said softly and held my hand over my stomach.


Oooooooh I just totally cut the chapter off at this point! :D

I hope it didn't disappoint anyone! D:

To all my dear readers: I am sorry that you have to deal with an incompetent author like me. The one who rarely updates. :o Truth is, I've been busy :( or I have writer's block or I am not in the mood to type. D: But I do try to make everyone happy :) Thank you sooooooo very much for all the support you have given me :')