Chapter 5

Why Did I Fall in Love With You?

Like I promised. An update mid-June :D!

Thank-you to my fantastic, marvelous readers! I wish you the best in life and I hope you enjoy reading


Chapter 5

"We need to talk," Shin-Woo voice sounded from the doorway.

I pulled Mi Nam back under the table and motioned him to remain silent. We saw Si-Yeon's and Shin-Woo's feet from under the desk.

"You-You remember me," Shin-Woo stated.

"Aish! I told her not to say anything," Si-Yeon scolded herself.

"Why? Why have you been acting like you don't know me?" Shin-Woo pressed.

"Shin-Woo, I am only keeping our promise," she said.

Shin-Woo's Point of View

Flashback:

It was the same as last time; the time I first brought her to a restaurant. Disappointment, a feeling I know far too well. I am nothing but disappointment. Fallen hopes, burning tears, anger, guilt...guilt. I felt it now. Guilt for addressing my feelings before hers.

Si-Yeon skipped into the already empty restaurant. The waiters had already left for home. It was just me and her and a guard outside with orders to close up after I leave. She took a seat across from me and beamed. "Shin-Woo! Thank goodness you didn't leave! I am so sorry that I am late!" she said apologetically. "I was with Jun-"

"Him," I interrupted.

"Y-yes," she stuttered and flushed a dark red color as she smiled timidly. She held up the bag she was holding. "Oh! I got something for you."

I took the bag and peered inside. It was a beautifully crafted teapot with Chinese drawings. "Jun-Kyul Oppa thought it-"

I shut the bag and dropped it on the table.

"Shin-Woo?" Park Si-Yeon touched my hand, "What's wrong? Why are you behaving like this?"

I shouldn't be acting like this...

"Every sentence, every word, every thought is about him with you," I stated apathetically.

Her eyebrows furrowed, "What's so wrong about that? I love him. Isn't it normal to love someone you're dating?"

I stared at her with cold eyes, "You can love someone without dating."

"Shin-Woo...I don't understand," she said and lowered her eyes.

She doesn't know me. My feelings. My love. No, it's not because she doesn't understand my feelings; it's because she doesn't want to accept them. She doesn't want to accept me.

I stood up, "It's best if I leave now."

She rose from her seat as well and her hand snatched mine, "Wait. This is your last night before you leave for Seoul tomorrow! Let's start over!" she cried.

If we start over. I'll be the only one who will be hurt. He's always going to be on your mind. It doesn't even matter if I disappear from your life as long as Min Jun-Kyul is by your side.

"Let's sever our ties now," I suggested and pushed her hand off mine.

Si-Yeon's tear-inflicted face met mine. I gritted my teeth and held in my own tears. "What do you mean...Shin-Woo?"

"Let's just pretend this...our friendship never happened. It will be easier for the both of us."

She wiped her tears and put on a brave expression. "If that's what you want, then I will make and keep that promise," she said, mimicking my dead-like tone. She grabbed her purse. "I'll leave first then. I guess this is our final farewell. Good-bye, Shin-Woo," she said softly and with that, she walked out without turning around once.

I slammed my fist on the table as the tears finally tore down the barrier I had set up previously. The paper shopping bag tipped over and out rolled Park Si-Yeon's final gift. There was no card or anything that identified it was from Park Si-Yeon. It was as if she had already ceased to exist in my life.

That's good. I want it to be like this...

xD

I held the pottery in my hands. "Young Master, are you ready to go?"

I glanced up and nodded. The car began to head for the airport.

I guess this is our final farewell. Good-bye, Shin-Woo...Is this how it ends? Is it okay for us to depart like this? No, no, no. It's not. I can't leave like this. I can't.

"Driver Lee, can we stop by at Park Si-Yeon's house?" I spoke up.

His eyes scrutinized me through the front mirror. "But Sir, you will be late for your flight," he said.

"It doesn't matter. Please drive to her house," I ordered.

Driver Lee was hesitant at first but he swerved the car around and made a wide U-turn.

"Thank-you," I said fervently.

We slowed to a stop in front of her small home. I bolted out the door and ran up the steps. "Park Si-Yeon! Park Si-Yeon! It's me! Kang Shin-Woo! Please open your door! Park Si-Yeon!" I shouted as I banged on the door. "Park Si-Yeon! It's my fault! I am sorry!" Despite all my please, there was no response.

I pulled out my phone and dialed her phone number but the only voice I heard was a monotonous woman's voice indicating that Si-Yeon's phone was off.

An elderly woman stepped out from the house next door. I half-ran across the yard to her. "Halmoni," I called after her, "Where did she go? Where did Park Si-Yeon go?" I panted.

"Park Si-Yeon?" Why, she just left about an hour ago with a handsome young man. Is she moving? She brought a suitcase with her," she replied.

I thanked her mindlessly and wandered back into my car. "Young Master, your flight time is nearing. Shall we go now?" Driver Lee immediately asked.

I nodded my head absentmindedly. "It's all over," I whispered, "All over..My fault..."

The chauffeur pressed his lips together and started to drive away from the place where all my happiest memories occurred.

Park Si-Yeon...I am sorry...

End of Flashback.

Si-Yeon shook her arm and my grasp loosened on her wrist. She strode to the table and retrieved her phone. She walked past me, our shoulders brushed coldly. "Good-bye, Shin-Woo," she said and exited the room.

I ran out to the hall. "Si-Yeon!"

She turned around. "I was wrong," I said.

Park Si-Yeon still wore her expressionless mask, "It doesn't matter anymore."

Go Mi Nyu's Point of View

I smiled happily to myself as I sat on the window side of a public bus.

I am going to see mother-in-law today.

I hugged the photo album tightly to my chest.

Would Hyung-nim be angry if he found out? I probably shouldn't tell him. It's not violating any rules, right?

The bus came to a stop and I rushed to gather my belongings. "Ah! Wait! I am getting off!" I cried when the doors started to close. To my delight, it opened again and I hopped off. I bowed, "Thank-you," I said to the bus driver.

I rang the doorbell twice before a man in a black tuxedo opened it. "Can I help you?"

"I am looking for Mo Hwa-Ran-sshi. I am her daughter-in-law," I said, unsure.

Did I get the right apartment number?

He nodded, "Please wait." He shut the door.

After a few minutes he reopened the door. "You may come in now."

"Ah, yeah. Thank-you," I said before entering. I slipped my shoes off with difficulty due to the bag and book I was holding.

Mo Hwa-Ran was lounging on the couch with her eyes closed. "Hello, Mother," I greeted with a bow.

She opened her eyes slowly, "How unexpected of you," she said.

"I am sorry. Is this a bad time?" I blushed.

She groaned and pinched the skin between her eyes. "No, I just woke up from my nap. I've been so exhausted these days...Why don't you come and sit down beside me," she insisted. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"No. I am fine. Thank-you," I said.

I took a seat next to her. "Get me some wine or something," Mo Hwa-Ran ordered her assistant. He bowed and left the room. "So why did you come here?"

"Ji-Hyuk-sshi found something of interest the other day and I wanted to share it with you," I responded tensely.

The man came back into the room holding a glass with ice and a bottle of wine. He set cup on the table and proceeded to pour the alcohol into it. He then stepped back when he was finished. "You can go now," Mo Hwa-Ran dismissed.

He bowed politely and left the room once again. She held the glass to , "Of interest to me?"

I pulled out the album and placed it gently on the coffee table. "I heard that when Hyung-nim was little, he lived with his father and visited you over the summer. These are some of his childhood memories."

She flipped the book to the first page and traced Hyung-nim's youthful face with her slender finger. "Why did you want me to see these?" she asked softly.

"To show you what you missed," I answered.

We sat in silence as she leisurely went through every page with the bottle of wine close to her. Her tears flowed smoothly down her cheeks. She wiped them away and ushered more liquor into . Mo Hwa-Ran closed the book and glanced at me with red, sorrowful eyes, "I missed that much, huh?"

I hesitantly reached out to her and touched her hand. "There's still time. You can still create memories with him."

She nodded. "I will. You should go home now or Tae-Kyung will be worried."

I looked at the golden clock in the corner; it was nearly 5. "Ah, you're right. I will be going now," I stood up and bowed.

"Mi Nyu."

"Yes?" I turned back around.

"My driver will take you back," she said.

"Ah, it's fine really. I can take the bus," I quickly insisted.

"Mr. Cha?" she called out.

"Yes? Seon-Saeng-nim?" the man reappeared.

" her home," Mo Hwa-Ran commanded.

"I understand," he said.

I dipped my head again in respect to Mother. "Thank-you."

She smiled lightly before turning back to another glass of wine.

Jeremy's Point of View

"They saw each other a few times and they're already making promises to each other?" I asked Mi Nam.

He hit me, "Don't think like that!"

I recoiled from the attack and rubbed my arm. "What? Think like what?"

"Whatever you're thinking, drop it. Forget it or you're going to cause a scandal," he ordered sternly.

I threw my hands up, careful not to hit the table above. "Just what exactly am I thinking of?"

Go Mi Nam shoved me aside and stood up from where we were hiding "How should I know what goes on in that mass of grounded meat you call your brain!"

I was so confused that I was left speechless. We briskly walked down the hall back to where the group was still snacking. Shin-Woo was quietly reading the script next to Tae-Kyung but it looked like he wasn't concentrating. I looked over at Park Si-Yeon and she had the same expression as Shin-Woo; a daze-like face.

What's the relationship between them? Maybe Shin-Woo Hyung promised her a purple teddy bear but instead he got an orange one and that's why Park Si-Yeon was so angry. She was so upset that she promised never to speak to Shin-Woo Hyung ever again even though Shin-Woo Hyung admitted that he was wrong and Park Si-Yeon says that it doesn't matter anymore but it really does matter and Shin-Woo Hyung doesn't know how to fix it! Maybe that's what he's thinking! To find a purple bear and make it up to Park Si-Yeon!

I gasped out-loud at my realization.

I must find a purple bear to help Shin-Woo Hyung! But wait! What if it isn't a purple bear? What if Park Si-Yeon hates purple! How can someone despise purple!

"What's with you, Jeremy?" Tae-Kyung asked.

I sat up straight. "Uh...nothing. I was just thinking."

Mi Nam chuckled. "Jeremy. Thinking. How hilarious would that be?"

"Ha ha ha, so very funny, Go Mi Nam," I laughed sarcastically.

"It seems as if almost everyone is thinking at the table then," President Anh said as he eyed Park Si-Yeon, Shin-Woo, and me. He clapped his hands and both of them glanced up. "Let's rehearse one more time," he said with a smile.

I played with my food while they were reading over what may be the "best drama ever", according to Go Mi Nam.

I sighed as the whip cream became too whipped under my continuous stirring of it with a plastic fork. I sighed of utter boredom.

I shouldn't interfere with Shin-Woo Hyung's life... But these past few days he's been miserable. Is it because of Park Si-Yeon? Go Mi Nam said that they're not mad at each other for getting the wrong colored bear. If not, then what?

I sighed.

Relationships these days are getting more complicated...Wait..Relationship? Is Shin-Woo Hyung in a relationship with Park Si-Yeon?

"Jeremy! It's time to go home!" Manager Ma called out.

I got up and threw away my trash. "Coming!"

xD

"You want to kick some zombie butts before sleeping?" Mi Nam asked me.

"No. Let's talk instead," I suggested.

Mi Nam backed away from me. "Look..if it's one of those spill-out-emotional-feelings kind of conversations, I am going to room with Shin-Woo."

"NO!" I pounced on him when he tried to make a quick run to the door. "It's not! I am just curious about something!"

"Okay! Get off of me then!" Mi Nam yelled.

I got off of him but I was still on my guard in case he decided to try to escape again. Mi Nam flopped onto his sleeping bag next to my bed and rested his head on his hands. "So what?"

I climbed into my bed and scooted to the edges and looked down on Mi Nam.

"So...Do you...Do you think Shin-Woo Hyung is dating Park Si-Yeon?" I hesitantly asked.

Mi Nam furrowed his eyebrows and yawned. "I wish. At least Shin-Woo would treat her better than that jerk."

My fingers tightly grasped the bed sheets. "So Park Si-Yeon already has a boyfriend? Who? What's his name?" I eagerly interrogated Mi Nam.

Oh man! A real life drama!

"His name is Min Jun-Kyul. He is an ungrateful punk that pretends to care about other people," he bitterly answered.

"So then why does she stay with him?"

Mi Nam frowned at the ceiling. "I don't know."

"Love? Like Tae-Kyung Hyung's and Mi Nyu's?"

Mi Nam leaned over and shoved my head away. "Don't you dare compare my sister's marriage to Min Jun-Kyul's relationship with Si-Yeon!"

"Alright. So then what is going on between Shin-Woo Hyung and Park Si-Yeon?" I sprang back to the tip of the bed.

He sighed and faced the other way. "I know you regard me as a genius, Jeremy. But I am only a musical prodigy. I don't know everything about everyone. Why are you so nosy anyways? Don't go digging in people's business. Go to sleep. I don't want to talk to you anymore."

"Hey, Mi Nam. Have you memorized your lines yet? For the drama?" I asked after a couple minutes of silence.

"Are you still digging around for information? Why can't you wait like everyone else for the first episode when it premiers? Sheesh," Mi Nam muttered.

"I just wanted to know," I pouted.

The ruffling of the sleeping bag sounded in my room. "I'll make you a deal then. 1 pocky bag for the script," Mi Nam grinned his devilishly.

"Only 1?" I clarified suspiciously.

He put on a hurt look, "What? You don't trust me?" Mi Nam laid back down and covered his head with the blanket. "You're loss."

"Wait! Deal!" I cried.

Mi Nam reached under his pillow and withdrew the thick stack of papers. "Food first," he ordered with his outstretched hands.

"Close your eyes and I'll get them," I said commanded.

Go Mi Nam sighed, "Is it really that necessary? I know where you keep them hidden."

"Just do as I say!"

Mi Nam shut his eyes and I waved my hands in front of him to make sure he isn't peeking. When I was assured, I retrieved one bag from a large box hidden in the darkest depth of my closet. "Okay, you can open them now."

His eyes instantly focused on the chocolate-coated sticks. I tossed him the bag in return for the script. Go Mi Nam began munching on them before I even flipped it open. I read the first page quickly and went back and reread it slowly, absorbing the words and understanding the meaning behind every word. "Hmm. This seems interesting already." As I peeled the paper to the next page, a hand smacked it back in place. "What is this?" I yelled.

"One bag is equal to one page," Mi Nam said, wiggling a finger.

I scowled at him. "You never mentioned this before in our original agreement!"

"I did. Just now," he replied coolly.

"But there's at least 50 pages!" I argued.

"Hey. If you want it, then pay up. Otherwise I am going to sleep."

I grimaced as I hauled the container carrying my precious sweets out of my closet and set it in front of Mi Nam. "There. Help yourself," I offered reluctantly. "I bet this is the only reason why you chose to room with me. To clean out my stash."

He handed the papers over to my anxious hands. "Good deal. Good deal," he commented.

I stayed up very late to read the drama to Mi Nam's annoyance. "Turn off the damn light!" he yelled and harshly covered his head with the blanket.

"You're pretty grouchy when you get a sugar-crash," I observed. I returned the script back to its front page after I finished reading it twice. "Choi Hae-Ri. That's the author? Hm."

I flicked the light off and went to sleep.

xD

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

Why am I stuck doing this so early in the morning? I swear I am going to buy them the loudest alarm that money can buy so that I, or anyone won't ever have to do this ever again.

"Yah, wake up," I said and kicked the wrapped up body on the floor. "Wake up," I repeated as I repeatedly poked the head of another body lying on the bed. "Wake up!" I shouted.

"Hyung! Stop it!" Jeremy whined in a pathetic voice.

"Do you want to lose that foot of yours, Brother-in-law?" sounded a muffled voice from the sleeping bag.

"Go ahead and try, Mi Nam. Your sister is going to kill you if anything bad happens to her beloved husband. Jeremy, you have work today. So both of you wake up before I call up the devil fairy so that she can get you so awake that you'll both never sleep again," I threatened.

"I am up!" they cried in unison and rose from their beds.

xD

"Go Mi Nam, no yawning at the table," Mi-Ja scolded him.

"Go Mi Nam, no yawning," Mi Nam imitated her which deserved a slap to the head.

Jeremy was too exhausted to stay awake to eat his sugary cereal. He kept nodding off every other spoonful. "What have you been doing when you barely work?" Shin-Woo asked.

"Huh? What was that?" Jeremy tiredly asked.

"Looks like everyone is finished! In the van you go!" Manager Ma said as he ushered us outside.

"Where are we going at such an early, early, early, time," Mi Nam drowsily asked.

"To the mall!" the manager shouted enthusiastically.

Jeremy brightened when he heard the destination. "Really? I love the mall!"

"To do what?" Mi Nam asked glumly.

"It's a fan-signing event," Manager Ma informed.

"Yay! I love the fans!" said the newly-energized Jeremy.

xD

We must have shaken a hundred thousand hands, signed tens of thousands of paper, and taken a couple hundreds of pictures with the never-ending stream of fan girls and fan boys alike. The mountain of gifts they left us was ridiculous and if I was told that the presents needed to be hauled back to the dorm with a ten ton truck, I wouldn't be surprised.

Manager Ma allowed us to browse through the mall after telling all the fans that a contest will be outside that will give our CDs and other accessories for free. I found myself walking into a girly stationary shop where the cashier bowed when I entered.

It's almost my 2 month anniversary with Mi Nyu. I should get her something.

The key chains, pencils, erasers, and notebooks held no interest to me so I turned around to leave. I noticed a stack of origami strips of paper that people would use to make stars.

Mi Nyu would like this!

I pointed to the merchandise, "I'll take that."

The clerk nodded, "Which one would you like? The plain ones? Or the ones with hearts or stars? We also have more in the back that have puppies and other animals on the strips."

Before I sounded like a teenage girl gushing over the cuteness and whatnot, I took out my wallet and pulled out a bill. "I would like your bestseller and give me one of those jars too."

"Yes, sir," she said and wrapped up the jar and paper I bought. "Thank-you for your business. Come again."

I walked out the store feeling jubilant as I smirked at the bag.

Mi Nyu is going to die of sheer joy when she sees what I made for her.

I planned out the day in my head and how I was going to present the gift to her when something arose from the inner depths of my mind.

I don't know how to craft origami stars!

Jeremy's Point of View

"AH!" I shrilled in delight.

Mi Nam covered his ears, "What the hell, Jeremy!"

"Look at this then tell me you're not thrilled by it!" I grinned widely.

He looked around us to see how many people's attention I've attracted before briefly looking down at the marvelous toy robot that stood before him. "I am not thrilled," he said monotonously.

My face dropped. "You ."

He sighed tiredly. "It's been a long day. I don't know why I am stuck with you but let's go home."

"Wait. I want to buy this," I said. I reached in my pocket for some money but the only items I pulled out were candy wrappers.

Dang it! I left my wallet at home.

I coyly turned to Mi Nam, "Hey...My bestest friend ever...Can you buy this for me?" I gave him my best smile.

He returned the smile, "Hell. No."

I frowned and folded my arms, "I am not leaving then."

"Okay. Bye," he said and turned to leave.

"President Anh will have your head if something happens to me!" I threatened.

"Aish!" Mi Nam walked back towards me and grabbed my arm. "Let's go."

"No!" I resisted.

"Stop it! You're creating a scene!" Mi Nam commanded.

"Who are you? You're not my Hyung!" I pretended.

Mi Nam released me when more people stared at us. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" he whispered quietly.

"I'll pretend you're kidnapping me if you don't make that purchase," I whispered back darkly.

Go Mi Nam saw that I was completely serious about the whole ordeal. He picked up the box that carried the robot and bought with his credit card.

"Haha! Just kidding, everybody. He really is my Hyung!" I beamed when Mi Nam handed me the toy. "Thank-you, Hyung!"

The crowd that was made of mainly middle-aged people started to disperse. I bowed repeatedly to them as I walked backwards. "Sorry," I apologized.

Mi Nam walked ahead of me with his hands in his pockets. When the last person from the original audience stopped eye-balling us, I swiftly turned around and that resulted in a collision. I accidentally knocked down a small young woman in her early twenties just like me. I dropped to the floor and helped her gather her belongings. I picked up a bag that had a logo I recognized; it came from a stuff animal shop on the 2nd floor. "I am so sorry!" I said.

"Watch where you're going next time," she said and left.

"What a strange woman..." I muttered under my breath.

She never made eye contact with me. She kept her eyes to the floor. But why?

I shrugged it off and decided to forget the incident. "Jeremy, you bought something? What are they?" Manager Ma asked when I approached the van.

"A toy," I shot him a toothy grin.

He chuckled. "I can see that but what is inside those bags?"

"Bags? Oh shoot! I forgot to give this back to her!" I hit my forehead.

"Who's 'her'?" Shin-Woo asked.

"This girl I bumped into awhile ago," I explained.

Shin-Woo glanced at the mall. "It's too late now. The mall is closing and the girl probably left already."

"Aish," I grimaced.

"What's in the bag?" Mi Nam asked.

I peered inside and discovered a yellow-colored monkey plush doll. I showed it to M Nam. "Hey, what do you know? It resembles you," he joked.

Tae-Kyung appeared with a paper bag that read "Kimi's" on the front. "Isn't that a shop where the cutest papers and pencils can be found?" I exclaimed.

Mi Nam gawked at him. "Wow. You actually bought something there?"

Tae-Kyung cleared his throat. "Let's go home," he told Manager Ma.

"What did you buy? What did you buy? What did you buy?" Mi Nam persisted.

Hwang Tae-Kyung ignored him the whole way home.


Would you guys like long chapters like Ch.2 or shorter ones somewhat like this chapter but a bit shorter? :)

Anyhoo, school is out! FINALLY! :)! I just love sleeping for 12 hours. hehehe.

I'll have the next chapter up hopefully soon unless my brain is drained of creative ideas. :D