Chapter 2

Why Did I Fall in Love With You?

IMPORTANT! READ: BAD NEWS: So, I have been recently accused of plagiarism. I have to say, the process to redeem myself was not fun at all. I do not wish to experience that again. Therefore, this is the second to last chapter of this story. I will have the final chapter up sometime next month when I find the inspiration and motivation to update. That is all. Thank-You. Be sure to read my end message at the end of the story.


Chapter 2

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

Mi Nyu continued to blush and occasionally darting her eyes to steal a quick glance of my relaxed and composed face.

What is she thinking about now?

"What?" I asked.

She turned to face the window and all I could see was her red cheeks. "N-nothing."

I decided to drop the topic. "Hmph."

We arrived at the burial site and I parked the car at the bottom of the hill. "Remember to bring the flowers," I said and stepped outside.

It was sunny but it wasn't hot. It was warm but it was also windy. I walked ahead and turned around to see Mi Nyu stagger out the car carrying the bouquet with both hands. I wrapped one arm around her waist. "Knowing you, you might trip and fall walking up the stairs. This is just a precaution," I said as an excuse to hold her.

Green fields met us at the top of the stairs. We walked along the grassy trail until I located the grave with a marker made of marble that only contained her mother's name and the dates of her birth and death. There were already flowers on one side of the plaque. They were no longer standing straight and they were withered. Mi Nyu bent down and touched its flimsy petals. "Hyung-nim, who put this here?" she asked.

"Probably Mi Nam. I told him a few days ago before he left for Japan."

She nodded and unearthed the other metal container on the other side of the glossy plaque. I took it from her hands without a word and walked over to the nearest water pump. I filled the rounded pitcher halfway and slowly walked back to Mi Nyu, careful not to spill it.

She arranged the flowers elegantly and set the vase back into the ground. She stepped back and joined me in front of her mother's grave. Mi Nyu bowed, "It's me Mother, Go Mi Nyu. I am sorry I didn't find you or visit you until now. I am sorry. Please forgive me."

A light wind blew gently, tousling our hair. It carried the aroma of the other flowers and incense that were left on gravestones nearby The long green grass swayed in the direction of the wind for just one second before it ceased. "I heard Oppa visited you before I did," Mi Nyu continued, "For as long as I could remember, he and I wanted only one thing, to find you, Mother. And now we found you, I feel at rest and Oppa does too."

I let Mi Nyu's tears flow while stiffly holding my arm to the side, resisting the urge to wipe them. "Please forgive both of us for not searching hard enough for you."

Another breeze swept past us and furrowed our clothes. "But I did find someone. Someone that I can never match up to but loves me anyways," she smiled through her tears and turned her head towards me. She half laughed and grinned at me with tears running down her cheeks.

My hand brushed her face and removed the tears. I took my worried eyes off Mi Nyu and faced her mother. "I am sorry," I bowed my head, "I didn't want you to see her cry. I know that you would feel as awful as I do when you hear her sorrowful sobs," I said sincerely. My palms made a circular route on the small of Mi Nyu's back, trying to comfort her.

"I am also sorry for taking her hand in marriage without coming to see you first." Another cool current disturbed the still grass and our hair swirled with it.

"Mother, I promise you that no matter what, I will love her after every breath I take and even more so after every breath she takes away from me," I said slowly, "There will be no such day in which I will take her for granted. I promise you that we will be each others' support, best friend, family, and lover," I said, struggling with words. I wasn't use to expressing my feelings yet. Mi Nyu gripped my arm and gave it a gentle and reassuring squeeze. With new found confidence I asked, "Mother, may we please have your blessing?"

A gust of wind, stronger than before, carried the scent of freshly cut lawns and the sweet floral smell. We inhaled the pleasant odor. It was cool and delivered a sense of acceptance, joy, and gratitude.

xD

"What do you want to eat?" I asked Mi Nyu. My eyes stole a quick glance at her. She hasn't said a word to me since we left. We just entered back into Seoul. "Mi Nyu?"

She continued to stare out the window with a dazed expression. "Mi Nyu," I said a little louder, annoyance coated my tone.

She looked at me like it was the first time I called her. "Yes?" she asked innocently.

I thought about scolding her for not answering me but the worried half of me took over. "What are you thinking about?" I asked, sounding casual and indifferent to disguise my anxiety.

She looked around the car with those large brown eyes of hers. I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What" I asked impatiently.

"Hyung-nim," she said after scanning the car. She hesitated for awhile before confidence dominated her expression. "Did I really go to my mother's grave?" she genuinely asked.

I stopped at a red light. Confusion and worry sat on my eyebrows. "Are you okay? Are you sick?" I asked. I reached for her forehead and with my other hand on mine to compare our temperature. It was nothing out of the ordinary.

She playfully batted my hand away and I frowned. "So is that a yes?" she smiled.

I nodded once, not sure where she was going with this.

"So you really meant all those things?" Her voice became hopeful and excited. I felt the embarrassment course through me, threatening to turn my cheeks red.

"Say what?" I asked, attempting to avoid answering her.

She smiled mischievously. I gripped the steering wheel and proceeded to drive down the road that was aligned with restaurants from family themed to expensive and romantic fine dining.

"What are we going to eat?" I asked myself. I bent my head down and peered out of the window to read the restaurant names.

"You did, didn't you?" She grinned, coaxing me to come clean.

She's so persistent now. I must make her stay away from Go Mi Nam before more of him rubs off on her.

She took my evasive question as a confirmation and her face lit up.

"Tch," I muttered under my breath. I smiled inwardly.

Who knew that words can make her happy like this.

I glared. "Mi Nyu, I am going to ask this for the last time; where do you want to eat?"

"Wherever you want, Hyung-nim," she beamed.

"Then let's go to-" I was cut off by the ringing of my phone. I quickly put the headset in my ear. "Hello?"

There was a short pause of hesitation on the other end before a woman's voice spoke up. "Tae-Kyung."

I stopped breathing and stiffened at her voice. Mi Nyu stared at me with worry. "What is it?" I asked after I regained my cool composure.

"I heard you came back today. How was it?" Mo Hwa-Ran asked.

I wasn't sure how to feel. Should I be angry with her or forgive her? "Fine," I replied shortly.

"Are you with her right now?"

"Yes."

"I want to meet with both of you," she said.

"Not right now," I replied.

I didn't feel like seeing her today. I haven't decided whether to forgive her or not yet for hurting Mi Nyu.

"Oh. Maybe sometime soon then," she said, sounding hurt.

"Of course. Bye," I took out the ear piece and squeezed it in my palm before dropping back in its rightful place.

"Who was that, Hyung-nim?" Mi Nyu asked.

"My mother," I answered bitterly.

Mi Nyu frowned at me. "You talked to her like that? Hyung-nim, you're rude."

"Am not," I argued childishly.

Mi Nyu looked at me with worry in her eyes, "What did she ask you?"

I shrugged, "She wanted to see us."

"Then why did you say no? We have time to see her."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why do you want to talk to her?"

She looked at her hands. "I-I just want to see you and her reconnect."

"Tch," I muttered.

Of course she would. She wants me to be happy but can't she see that I am already happy?

I bit my tongue. I knew I was lying to myself when I thought that I didn't need my mother.

I took my phone from the holder and tossed it in her lap. "Then you talk to her about it."

She grinned at my permission. But before she could say something like "I knew Hyung-nim is unhappy without his mother" or something in those bounds; I said, "It's not that I want to see her. I just don't want you to keep worrying about me."

She continued to smile stupidly at me and I glared at her. "Don't look at me like that."

But she continued despite my command. I momentarily took my eyes off the road to softly connect my palm with her forehead and pushed her away. "I told you to stop," I growled.

Her face squinched up in playful anger. "Aish, you're messing up my hair."

I smirked and while I kept my eyes on the car in front of me, I ruffled her hair even further and ignored her attempts to stop me. "Hyung-nim! Stop it!"

"Why? You deserved it," I pointed out.

I saw that she pouted before quickly sticking her tongue out at me in my peripheral vision.

"Yah, didn't I tell you to stop making weird faces at me?" I scolded her.

"No," she said quickly.

"Don't make me-"

She cut me off in mid-sentence, "I am calling her now."

I narrowed my eyes.

Mi Nyu has become more comfortable around me to the extent which she thinks she can be rude to me and get away with it.

She scrolled down to find 'Mo Hwa-Ran' in my phone book and pressed the call button. She quickly the speaker phone so that I can listen as well.

"Hello?" a tired voice answered.

Mi Nyu jumped a little at her voice. "Ah, yeah, Eomeonim. This is Mi Nyu calling."

A small laugh came from the other end. "Ah, is that so, Mi Nyu? Please drop the formalities and just call me 'mother'."

"A-ah, yeah, Mother," Mi Nyu stuttered.

"What is the reason that you are calling me? Is my son giving you a hard time already?" she teased.

"No, it's not that!" she objected.

"Then what?" my mother asked with curiosity.

Mi Nyu peered at me while I drove with an expressionless face. "Hyung-nim and I...We want to meet with you."

There was another pause. "No, I don't think we should," she replied with remorse. "My son doesn't want to see me."

"But-"

Mo Hwa-Ran interrupted, "I have to go now."

"Mother," I spoke up with difficulty. I cleared my throat and tilted my head a little towards the phone. "We want to have dinner with you," I said with a stern, expressionless face.

There was silence on the other end and I thought she had already hung up. But Mi Nyu indicated that was not the case since the timer on the phone continued to add up the minutes.

"M-Mother?" Mi Nyu called out.

"Yes, I am here,"she said slowly. Something about her voice was different. The sad and cynical tone of her voice disappeared and replaced with a gentle, almost musical-like sound.

"Will you eat dinner with us?" Mi Nyu asked.

She was touched, "Of course," Mo Hwa-Ran replied.

A smile appeared on Mi Nyu's tender lips. "Thank-you! We will see you at our house tonight at 6 then! Good bye, Mother!"

"I will be there," she calmly promised. "Bye."

I continued driving with an eyebrow raised. "Why are we having dinner at out dorm?"

"Because I am going to cook tonight," Mi Nyu said with a wide grin.

xD

"Oh. My. Freaking. God. I was about to call you guys and wonder where in the hell you guys went!" Go Mi Nam came at us when we walked up the stairs with groceries in our hands. "Do you know what time it is? A time that is too late for my little sister to be wandering around the streets!"

" Calm down. It's only 3 in the afternoon. Mi Nyu has been out far later than this before. Don't you think you're a little too overprotective?" I mocked and pushed past him to the door.

Mi Nam chose to ignore me."Let me help you Mi Nyu," Go Mi Nam offered.

"Ah, thank-you, Oppa."

"What are these for?" Mi Nam inquired.

"Mother-In-Law is coming over for dinner tonight. Hyung-nim and I are going to cook dinner," her eyes squinted with happiness.

"Mother-in-Law? As in Tae-Kyung's mom?" Mi Nam asked while delicately setting the bag of vegetables down on the counter.

"Yes," Mi Nyu replied as she searched for a basket to wash the fresh produce in.

Mi Nam and I began unpacking the food and placing them in their rightful spot.

"Where is everybody?" I asked.

"They're coming home a little later," Mi Nam replied stiffly.

"And why are you home early? Were you lazy and ditched the afternoon practice?" I asked with narrowed eyes.

"Pft. You think I do that on a daily basis? And no, Brother-In-Law, I did not leave without permission. I told Manager Ma to cover for me," he stuck his tongue out.

Mi Nyu and I sighed. "And I wanted to see my cute little sister," Mi Nam added.

"Just stare at the mirror when you're lonely," I muttered.

Does he have a new obsession with Mi Nyu?

I shook my head as the removed the plastic from the ingredients. Mi Nyu had already dumped the onions and other vegetables out and cold water to gently wash them.

"What are you making?" Mi Nam asked.

"Vegetable soup," she replied to my disgust. "Hyung-nim shouldn't make that face," she pouted

"You know I don't like green things," I informed.

"Well it's good for you and I plan to make you eat more leafy vegetables," she said as she poured water into a pot and flicked the stove on.

My eyes widened.

How can she be so cruel?

"Why!"

Mi Nam started laughing out of control. " for you!"

"Because I am concerned for your health. Oppa, you're going to eat the same thing as Hyung-nim too. Did you really believe that I didn't know about your secret Twinkie stash in your room?" scolded Mi Nyu.

Mi Nam waved his hands in front of him. "That's not mine! It's Jeremy! I swear! You know how Jeremy is!"

"What about those 20 some pack of chocolate chip cookies that you hid on the top shelf of your closet? And that hidden mountain of pudding cups behind the headboard of your bed? Are those all Jeremy's too?" I asked as I skinned the cucumbers.

Mi Nam shot glares of fury at me for ratting him out. "Oppa! Is that true?" Mi Nyu raised her voice.

Mi Nam shot me one last evil eye before turning to his sister with a smile. "Course not! Tae-Kyung Hyung is joking!"

"Go Mi Nam, tell me what goes in underwear drawers?' I smirked.

"Oppa," Mi Nyu narrowed her eyes in suspicion, "what do you keep there?"

Go Mi Nam walked over to the rice cooker and turned it on. "Clothes..." he replied. He swiftly turned his head to me and mouthed 'you're dead' but I grinned in response.

Mi Nyu didn't buy it. "When dinner is done, I am going to do a mandatory inspection on your room."

Mi Nam whined and in the process of his fit, he knocked over the basket of eggs that sat on the counter.

"Damn it, Mi Nam!" I yelled.

"It was not my fault! If you didn't snitch on me, this wouldn't happen!" he defended.

Mi Nyu looked upset and immediately bent down with a wet piece of cloth to clean the floor.

"Fine. I'll walk down to the convenient store and buy some more eggs," Mi Nam offered.

"It's okay. I can make something else," said Mi Nyu.

"No, I'll leave. It's to be outside than inside here to be berated and back-stabbed by my own brother."

Mi Nam pulled on a hoodie and pulled it up over his head so that our fan girls won't easily recognize him. When Mi Nam left, I looked at the clock. It was almost 6. "Better make something else quick. It's almost time. Mi Nam won't be back in time," I said.

Mi Nyu nodded.

Go Mi Nam's Point of View

I muttered to myself as I walked in the cold, dark, lonely street to the store. "Stupid Tae-Kyung! What if Mi Nyu actually does confiscate my goods? Where the hell am I going to get my sugar fill? Jeremy will immediately sniff me out if I ate one pack of his Pockey stash.. Then Mi Nyu will punish me. Ahh! So frustrating! Why did Tae-Kyung do that!"

The cashier looked at me with a sparkle in her eyes.

. I am not in the mood to me recognized.

I waited for a shrill fan girl scream but it was just silence. The girl rang me up and I paid for the carton of eggs and a couple bags of candy. She handed me the bag.

I didn't imagine that spark of recognition, did I?

"Hey, you know who I am right?" I asked her cautiously.

The girl inspected my face closely. "No," she said.

I stared back. "Are you sure? How about if you looked at me at this angle?" I took the hood off and angled my face in the same way I posed for a photoshoot.

An expression of fear spread on her face. "If you don't leave, I'll press this button and the cops will come."

I backed up.

Oh my God. This girl must think I am a e.

"Alright. Alright! I am leaving. Don't do anything rash," I said. Before I stepped out the automatic sliding door, I turned around, "Are you sure you don't know who I am? Really, really sure?"

The girl placed her hand under the desk again, threatening me.

"Aish," I sighed while as I exited. It was dark already and I could tell it was already 6. I took out a bag of candy and broke the seal. I shoved mouthfuls of the sugary goodness as I walked back.

Might as well enjoy it. It will be the last time I'll eat these in a long time.

I walked up the pathway to the dorm and spotted a woman standing in front of the gate but she didn't enter. The rustling of the grocery bag caught her attention.

"Mi Nyu?" she asked.

"No, I am her brother," I replied. I squinted in the dark to make out who she was.

"Ah, sorry. I am used to seeing Mi Nyu in boy clothes," Mo Hwa-Ran said.

"Good evening, Eomeonim," I bowed.

She chuckled lightly in her elegant clothes. "You're like your sister. Please speak informally."

I scratched my head and smiled. "I'll try. Are you going in?" I asked, remembering her hesitation.

"Yes."

I unhatched the gate lock and let her in before me. Headlights of car shone brightly into my eyes. I squinted and saw that it was the A.'s white van. It pulled up to the driveway and Jeremy and Shin-Woo stepped out. They thanked the driver and strolled towards us.

"Mo Hwa-Ran?" they whispered when they caught sight of us.

"Hello," she greeted and bowed slightly.

They returned her bow and shot me a questioning look. I opened the front door of our house and let her go in. "Dinner," I whispered to Jeremy and Shin-Woo.

There was laughter coming from the kitchen and we all rushed to see what it was. Mi Nyu was at the sink with the water running. She stuck her hand under the stream and splashed Tae-Kyung. "Yah! Stop!" he cried, covering his face. He hugged her from the back and pinned both of her arms to her sides and with the other hand, he drenched her back with water.

Mo Hwa-Ran watched them for awhile in silence. I couldn't tell what she was thinking but fearing that she might not approve of their behavior, I cleared my throat and they glanced up. Tae-Kyung instantly released her and stood up straight. His smiling face vanished and replaced with his normal scowl. "Look at the mess you made," he said.

Mi Nyu turned red and ducked her head in apology. "Hello, Mother. Sorry! We...Dinner...isn't ready yet."

"It would be if you guys weren't messing around," I muttered under my breath and Jeremy laughed quietly.

"I'll help clean up," Shin-Woo offered. He grabbed a towel that laid on the table and mopped up the water.

"Sorry, Shin-Woo Hyung."

"It's okay. You don't have to apologize," Shin-Woo said nicely.

I took out the remaining bags of candy out of the bag and shoved them into my jacket. "Got your eggs," I said. I set them delicately on the table.

"Thank-you, Oppa," she said.

"Need any help?" I asked.

"No. No. Please comfort Mother and make her feel comfortable," Mi Nyu ordered.

I felt Jeremy's hand enter my pocket. I slapped it. "Ow!"

"Mine," I growled.

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

I went up into my room and changed into some dry clothes. My hand hung over the hand.

Should I go out or wait here for awhile?

The doorknob turned and the door opened. Mi Nyu peered into the room and her eyes meet mine and she jumped a little. "Hyung-nim."

"I am going downstairs. Go change," I said gruffly.

Why are so many embarrassing moments happening?

I sighed and walked slowly down the stairs. Jeremy and Shin-Woo were walking up the steps with their bowl of rice in their hands. "What are you doing?"

"Shin-Woo thought it would be better if it was just your family eating together," Jeremy informed me.

"Plus we need to work on composing some songs," Shin-Woo added.

I didn't feel like creating any more awkward moments by telling them that I consider them as family so I allowed them to go to their rooms to eat. "Make sure Mi Nyu doesn't see you on your way there or she'll beg you to eat with us."

There were bowls set out on the table already. Mi Nam and my mother were engaged in small talk about their singing careers. Mo Hwa-Ran's eyes flickered to me when I sat down. "Tae-Kyung," she said.

I looked at her. "How was your day?" she asked me.

I took my chopsticks and wiped it down with a napkin. "Fine," I said.

She nodded as she noticed my resistance to talk to her.

Just because you organized my wedding doesn't mean I will forgive you. Yet.

Mi Nyu shortly joined us and dipped her head before taking a seat besides me. "Sorry for making you wait."

She looked around the table and quickly realized two people were missing. Before she could ask I said, "They have to finish some work."

Mi Nyu looked a little disappointed. We waited for Mo Hwa-Ran to eat first. Go Mi Nam offered some dishes to her and when she took the first bite, we followed after her in respect.

"I heard you visited your mother's grave today," Mo Hwa-Ran said.

"Ah, yeah. We did," confirmed Mi Nyu.

"I will visit her too," she promised.

I frowned at her, not liking where the conversation was heading. Mi Nyu is still a little sensitive about her mother.

Mo Hwa-Ran caught on to my dislike and decided to change the subject. "Mi Nam told me that the group is going to be in a drama soon."

"Really?" Mi Nyu faced me.

I nodded. "My cousin, Hwang Ji-Hyuk, remember him? He's the director."

"Oh. He seems like a nice person," Mi Nyu stated.

"President Anh is going to tell us more tomorrow when Tae-Kyung comes back to work," Mi Nam said. "I am probably going to be the lead actor anyways," he confidently boasted. "I wonder who my lead actress would be..."

"Who guaranteed you're going to be the star of the drama?," I muttered. I scooped some rice in my mouth.

Go Mi Nam stuck his tongue out at me. "Mother, are you planning to make a comeback?" he asked.

Mo Hwa-Ran paused and wiped with a napkin before replying. "Yes. Ji-Hyuk made me an offer to sing one of the OSTs for the drama. But I don't know yet since they're still finalizing some paperwork."

Mi Nyu grinned. "That's wonderful! We'll see each other often then."

Mo Hwa-Ran smiled. There were traces of tears in her eyes and I felt guilty.

Am I the one causing them?

"How was the honey moon?" my mother asked after a few minutes of silent eating.

"It was so much fun! Hyung-nim and I went on tours most of the time. We visited exotic botanical gardens and museums. We also went to some theme parks but we couldn't stay there long because the fans of Hyung-nim started to chase us," Mi Nyu happily recalled.

Go Mi Nam's face soured as he mumbled, "They even recognized you half way across the world from Korea yet, that cashier girl who lives here doesn't even know who the hell I am!"

"What, Oppa?" Mi Nyu's forehead creased with worry.

"Nothing," he said bitterly and dug into his bowl of rice.

Mo Hwa-Ran smiled pleasantly, "That's nice to hear. Does that mean that I should be expecting a grandchild soon?"

I almost choked on the food in my mouth. "Hyung-nim!" Mi Nyu slapped my back and handed me a glass of water. I swallowed the food with the aid of water and gasped for air. Mi Nam's chopsticks fell out of his hands and clanged on the table. His mouth dropped and hung open. Mo Hwa-Ran observed out reactions with an amused face.

"So, are you planning to be parents?" she repeated.

Mi Nam recovered and blindly slapped the table for his eating utensils while keeping his blank eyes straight on me, waiting for an answer. Mi Nyu kept her worried eyes on me and for the first time, I didn't know how to respond.

"N-no, we haven't thought about children yet," Mi Nyu answered.

Go Mi Nam breathed a sigh of relief and started eating comfortably again.

"And why not?" my mom inquired.

"It's just that...we're not ready yet...and Hyung-nim's career is more important right now..." responded Mi Nyu. Her eyes followed my expression, hoping she didn't say anything wrong.

"Is that right, Tae-Kyung?" Mo Hwa-Ran turned her attention to me.

"For the most part. It's not that I don't want children," I looked at Mi Nyu sheepishly. "It's just that this isn't the right time."

"Oh. Well, don't make me wait too long, Tae-Kyung," my mother said.

Why does she want grandchildren already?

"Why-" I was cut off with a phone ringing.

"Sorry," my mother apologized. "Hello?...Right now?...Okay. Bye." She hung up and placed the phone back into her purse. "Sorry, my assistant just reminded me of an important appointment."

"You're leaving already?" Mi Nyu asked.

"Yes. Sorry." She got up, "The food tasted delicious and I really enjoyed spending some time with my...family," she said.

I walked to her to the door. "Thank-you for coming," I said, trying to add warmth in my tone but failed.

It still isn't easy for me to talk nicely to her.

Mi Nyu ran up besides us. "Wait! We have something for you!"

Mo Hwa-Ran stopped and turned around to see Mi Nyu's back as she ran upstairs. She came back down with a rectangular object in her hands. "This is our favorite wedding photo. We bought the frame and we wanted to give this to you," she said.

My mother gently took the portrait out of her hands and held it up. It was a steel frame with roses intricately carved into it. At the center was a picture of me staring at Mi Nyu from afar. "Thank-you so much," Mo Hwa-Ran said. She pulled Mi Nyu into a quick hug and turned to me, "Thank-you."

I nodded and opened the door for her. "Come back soon!" Mi Nyu shouted when she was half-way out of the driveway.

xD

Shin-Woo and Jeremy came downstairs to wash the dishes. "You guys cooked, we wash," they said.

To Go Mi Nam's dismay, his sister did not forget that mandatory clean up of his room. After countless piles of junk food, sweets, and unhealthy delicacies were removed and towed away for direct disposal in the trash can; Mi Nam was left to himself to cry in the dark.

xD

Mi Nyu hesitated at the side of our bed. She pouted and I knitted my eyebrows. "What?"

"Can we sleep with the lights off?" she asked.

I sighed. She has been asking me every night. "No."

"Why," she whined. "I can't sleep like this forever."

"Why don't you be considerate and think of your caring husband. You know that he doesn't like the dark," I countered.

"But the wife needs attention too," she argued.

I motioned for her to get in bed and sleep. She climbed in with resistance and pulled the blankets high over her head. I took my chance to lean over her, careful not to make contact and switched the lights off. She immediately noticed the change and pushed the blankets off. I turned my face the opposite way and pretended that I was already fast asleep. I could feel her smile warming the back of my neck. Her arms found their way under the blankets and wrapped around my waist. "Thank-you," she breathed.

I snored lightly. "I love you," she whispered and buried her soft face in my shirt.

I grinned in my sleep.

xD

My alarm went off at 9 in the morning. "Ughh," I groaned as I smacked the snooze button.

I pulled the blankets off and sat up straight. I rubbed my eyes and tilted my head up while stretching my limbs. The still sleeping Mi Nyu rolled over to take over the space I left. "Tsk. Tsk. Tsk," I clicked my tongue. "Look at this heavy sleeper who doesn't even notice that her husband is already awake," I poked her cheek and she unconsciously frowned. I kissed her forehead and the frown ceased to exist. She sighed happily. Her peaceful face was ruined when she snored loudly. I smirked. "Tch," I half laughed.

I walked downstairs fully dressed and ready to head out to work. Shin-Woo was already awake and reading the morning newspaper in the brightly lit kitchen with a cup of tea in one hand.

"Morning," I said as I reached for my morning water.

"Good morning," he greeted.

"Go Mi Nam and Jeremy. Are they awake?" I asked.

"When are they ever ready on time?" Shin-Woo rhetorically asked.

I sighed. The doorbell rang and I went to open the door. "Didn't I give you a key?" I scowled when Manager Ma waited at the steps.

"I lost it?" he said with a shy grin.

"Great. Go wake up Mi Nam and Jeremy. I don't want to deal with them this early," I ordered.

"Morning, Shin-Woo," Manager Ma said. "We have a busy day ahead of us. Are both of you ready to go?"

"When are we not ready?" I asked I copied and modified Shin-Woo's rhetorical question.

"Okay. I'll go wake up the remaining boys up," he sighed and marched up the steps.

"Don't be too loud. I don't want you waking Mi Nyu up," I warned.

"Got it," he replied from the steps.

"What's the schedule today?" I asked Shin-Woo.

He folded the paper and tossed it to me. "President is going to brief us on who plays who in the drama and then we're going to meet the other actresses."

I took the paper and opened it to the front page. "Do you know who they are?"

From the corner of my vision I saw him shake his head. "President Anh said it's going to be a surprise."

I frowned. "Aish. I hate surprises."

A huge yawn erupted from the top of the stairs followed by another large intake of breath. "SO EARLY!" Mi Nam yelled as he clumsily stumble down the stairs.

"Yah, can you be even louder? Your sister is still sleeping," I scolded without looking up from reading the article that caught my interest.

"Good freaking morning to you too, Hyung," Mi Nam said as he pulled a chair out and sat next to me.

Jeremy plopped down next to Shin-Woo and drowsily tried to uncap his orange juice. Shin-Woo took the bottle from him wordlessly and uncapped it. "Thank...You, Shin-Woo..Hyung," Jeremy's words slurred.

Manager Ma came down and clapped his hands together. "Let's go!"

XD

"AW MAN! Why does the lead have to be Tae-Kyung!" Mi Nam complained. "He's married for Christ's sake! How do you think my sister will react when she sees him kiss another girl ON TELEVISION?"

"He needs to be the lead. He's losing a lot of popularity since he got married so abruptly! And no worries. Director Ji-Hyuk promised that the kiss scenes will be entirely fake," President Anh explained.

I wasn't too thrilled either and Mi Nam had a point. "What are you going to do? Find someone with the same lips as this guy?" Mi Nam pointed at me and I glared at him. "The audience is going to care if they don't get a hot, steamy, and passionate kiss between the two leads!"

"We'll figure something out later but Tae-Kyung is still the lead."

"Damn. Why not me? I am not popular enough!" Go Mi Nam argued.

"Mi Nam. Do you want to be left out of the drama? Keep arguing with me," threatened the President.

"I don't even get second lead," he mumbled.

President Anh turned his attention away from Mi Nam and focused on Shin-Woo. "Shin-Woo, you're second lead in the drama because you need a little bump in the charts. Jeremy, you don't have a role in the drama because you're dominating everyone. Keep up with your cute acts," encouraged President Anh.

"My cute what?" Jeremy looked up with smears of pudding covering his face.

President Anh just smiled. "That. It's jackpot!"

Mi Nam stared at the cup of pudding longingly, seeming to forget his frustration.

President Anh looked at his watch. "Oh! It's time to meet your co-stars. They should be here soon. Coordinator Wang, can you please clean Jeremy up?" he asked while watching Jeremy becoming messier by the second.

Coordinator Wang sighed as she does this chore over a hundred times a day. "Come on, Jeremy."

Go Mi Nam lunged for the cup of pudding while it was in Jeremy's hands and the sticky dessert spilled on both of them. Coordinator Wang nearly shrieked but quickly calmed herself down and dragged both boys by the ear to the nearest bathroom.

I shook my head while Shin-Woo watched in amusement and chuckled lightly.

Shin-Woo's Point of View

A knock sounded soon after and an elegant girl dressed in a short summer dress shyly strolled in. Large sunglasses covered her eyes. I stood up and Tae-Kyung followed. She removed the sunglasses and I could feel my heart beat faster.

I know her.

"Ah! You're finally here!" President Anh welcomed.

I stared at her, unable to take my eyes off of her.

It's been so long.

I wanted to hug her and tell her how much I missed her. I wanted to take her somewhere quiet like I used to and talk about our lives. I wanted to ask her how she's been and if she's eating well. I have so much to tell her and I bet she wants to share her memories with me.

She bowed politely and blushed. "Sorry. There was a little traffic and there were so many...fans waiting outside the building," her musical voice apologized.

She's still the same as she was in high school.

"Yeah. They found out Tae-Kyung is coming back to work today. Sorry for the mob," President Anh said.

She broke her eye contact with the president and bowed to Tae-Kyung. "Hello, I am-"

"OH MY GOD! Park Si-Yeon! Is that really you!" Go Mi Nam dropped the paper towels he was holding and ran up to hug her.

My heart accelerated.

Yes. Yes. It is her!

"Go Mi Nam? It really is me!" she jumped up with excitement. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too!" he cried.

Tae-Kyung looked at him with confusion. "We went to college together! And she was my closest friend!" Mi Nam explained.

Tae-Kyung's face became indifferent again and glanced around the room, looking bored.

Si-Yeon released Mi Nam's hands and held her hand out to Tae-Kyung. "I am Park Si-Yeon," she introduced with a white smile.

Tae-Kyung gazed her hand and refused to shake it. "Yah, Tae-Kyung, what are you doing? Shake her hand," President Anh urged.

Tae-Kyung glared at the president and showed him his wedding band. "I am married," Tae-Kyung simply said.

President Anh laughed, embarrassed and shook Park Si-Yeon's hand on the behalf of Tae-Kyung. "He just got married. Please endure his hostile personality for now. I'll make sure he changes."

Jeremy stood next to President Anh and held his hand out. "I am Jeremy," he grinned a toothy grin.

"Jeremy, you're cuter in person," she said.

Jeremy looked at the floor and turned red. "I get that a lot," he blushed.

Mi Nam snickered from behind. "That's because everyone doesn't know about your dark side."

Jeremy turned around. "I don't have a dark side!"

"Yes you do!"

"Prove it!"

"Boys! Calm down or get out!" President Anh chided.

Park Si-Yeon giggled. "Mi Nam Oppa, you haven't changed at all. Always picking fights," she shook her head.

Jeremy seemed hurt. "You pick fights with other people? How could you Go Mi Nam!"

Mi Nam rolled his eyes. "Stop being a drama queen. You're not going to get any cute points acting this way."

"I bet I can," Jeremy said and stuck his tongue out.

Park Si-Yeon met my eyes.

Please remember me. Please remember me.


This is where I leave you...

Regarding the plagiarism issue. I...I am just KIDDING! LOL! Happy April Fool's day everybody! Did I trick you? :D! Of course this is NOT the second to last chapter! I barely started on this sequel! Mwhaha! I guarantee you this is far from the end! I've been waiting for this day. hehehe! Anyways I made this chapter super long. Roughly around 7,000 words :) I felt bad for updating once a month :( Remember when I updated every week or every other week? Yeah , I miss that time period too.

Special Thanks to: Breeannuhh, TurtleLove, Kei_angelus, and MusicIsme for reviewing!!!!!!!!

Sorry for not updating for so long! I've been suffering a severe case of senioritis.

Seniortis- a disease that most high school seniors suffer from the beginning of the year but gets worse as the end of the school year approaches (when everyone gets into college knows what they're going to do) :D. Some symptoms include: Not giving a crap about tests and homework, putting minimum effort in everything, the "Who cares! I got accepted already!" attitude, procrastination at its worse, etc.

lmao :) I'll try to update soon! Tata for now!

Subscribe/Comment!!!