Chapter 1

Why Did I Fall in Love With You?

 

I am back! Sorry it took so long...school...and laziness with a side of procrastination. Bad combo. I know :\

I'd like to take some time to thank everyone who reviewed "True Love" You have my heart(s). XD

New readers- You don't have to read "True Love" if you don't want to. It's perfectly fine if you start this story. Just know that:

Sang-Hee is Shin-Woo's Sister, Ms. Kang is his mother, Hwang Ji-Hyuk is Tae-Kyung's cousin. XD

SO ENJOY ENJOY ENjOYYYYY!


Chapter 1

Hwang Tae-Kyung's Point of View

Sunlight broke through the white curtains and disturbed me while I slept. I groaned and turned in the opposite direction of it. It's been almost two months since we've been married and I've grown accustomed to waking up and smiling even when I try not to when the first thing I see are Mi Nyu's eyes on me. This morning was one of them. The embarrassment flooded through me as it always did every morning. I shut my eyes quickly. "Good morning, Hyung-nim!" she said when I opened one eye.

Her eyes traced my face and I frowned. "Yah, what are you looking at? You have morning breath. Go wash up and make me breakfast," I ordered.

She pouted her lips. "Why are you always mean to me in the morning, Hyung-nim! And I thought you don't eat breakfast!" she protested.

Is she being lazy or does she not see that I want to eat the food she cooks?

"Too bad. I've already decided that I am going to eat breakfast. Quit bugging me and go," I turned around and pulled the blankets over my head. "Call me when it's done and I like my eggs sunny side up with two pieces of bacon, toast, and black coffee."

"Eggs, sunny side up. Bacon, two pieces," she repeated softly to herself. "Toast. Wait, Hyung-nim, how many slices?"

"Two," I replied, my voice muffled.

"Two slices. And-"

"Black coffee," I reminded her.

"Ah, yes. Black coffee."

I imagined her nodding her head as she went through the list once again. "Are you going or not?" I asked, faking my irritation through my secret smile. I pushed the blankets away a little to catch a glimpse of her.

She was already standing besides our bed and quickly bowed. "I am going now!" she saluted and shuffled out of our room. I snickered again.

Our dorm was abnormally quiet when we arrived back from our month-long honeymoon last night. Go Mi Nam, Jeremy, and Shin-Woo had a concert in Japan and stayed the night there.

This is great. It's just me and Mi Nyu for a few hours.

My thoughts assembled and created a scenario of a perfect breakfast presented by my wife. I grinned unconsciously as the delicious food laid out in front of me. A peck on the cheek from her made my breakfast even sweeter.

What am I doing? There would be no way in hell that it'll be that perfect. She's going to mess up on something. Maybe burn the toast or drop the eggs.

I shook my head to dispel the near impossible fantasy and a new and more realistic one formed. The smell of smoke and the sight of blackened food were sloped onto a dirty plate. Coffee stains covered the table and a stressed out Mi Nyu stood besides the train wreck. "Good morning, Hyung-nim!" she smiled.

That would happen. It's expected of her to make mistakes after mistakes.

I sighed.

Why can't my perfectionism rub off on her?

I heard hurried footsteps march down the stairs.

It can't be. No one else is home besides us.

I sat up and tuned my ears to the tumultuous noise of plates clattering and boisterous shouting. I quickly stood up and slipped on my slippers to investigate what the commotion was about. But before I walked out, my phone rang and I walked back to pick it up. It was a call from Mi Nyu.

Wow. She actually called me.

"Yah, I didn't mean literally call me," I said as soon as I took the call.

"Hyung-nim! Please come down stairs!" she shouted, trying to compete with the loud background.

Damn. It sounds like they're already back.

I quickly pulled on a light sweater and slipped on jeans and rushed down the stairs only to slow down when I heard Jeremy's voice.

"Whoa! You got all these for me? Wow! They look good!" The sound of a bag being forcefully opened ensued.

Mi Nyu laughed. "Hyung-nim thought you would like it, Jeremy!"

I stepped into the kitchen and was immediately greeted by Mi Nam's glare. He was siting on a chair at the counter with his arms folded. Shin-Woo was next to Jeremy, calmly inspecting the bags of souvenirs.

"What?" I rudely asked.

Go Mi Nam's lips formed a firm line as his face grew meaner. I returned the same expression. "Looks like you had fun on your honeymoon, brother-in-law," Mi Nam stated.

"And?" I asked bluntly.

"Tae-Kyung Hyung!" Jeremy crashed into me and delivered a rough hug. "I missed you SO much!"

I refused to let the blond boy break my fierce eye contact with Mi Nam. Jeremy realized this too and backed off. "What did you guys do?" he casually asked. "Brother-in-law," he slowly added in a menacing way.

"Stuff," I replied. I walked over to the fridge but Mi Nyu ran ahead of me and blocked it. "What is this?" I asked, shocked.

"Hyung-nim, I made you your black coffee! It's over there," she pointed to a pitcher next to Mi Nam.

His glare intensified as I poured the coffee into my mug. "What kind of stuff?" he asked.

"Oppa, please don't do this. Especially this early in the morning," Mi Nyu tried to consult her brother.

"Why would you care?" I interrogated. I took a sip. "Aish. Too bitter," I complained.

"Really?" Mi Nyu took the cup from my hands and tasted to coffee. She shut her eyes tightly and shivered. "That really is bitter," she agreed. "Sorry Hyung-nim! I will do better!" she promised.

She searched the cabinets for cubes of sugar but before she found them I said, "It's fine. I am starting to like the taste."

"How was it. How was the honeymoon?" Mi Nam directed his question at me. I felt that he wasn't about to drop the topic and at that point I finally understood where he was going at.

"Good," I nonchalantly answered, baiting him.

His eyes widened at the simple reply and narrowed as he interpreted the double meaning. "You. You didn't touch her did you?" his chair screeched on the tiled floor as he stood and pushed off it. "What did you do?"

I glanced at him while I took another sip of the coffee without wincing. "Go Mi Nam, be reasonable. I am married to Mi Nyu."

"I know, damn it! I am just asking what you did!" he yelled.

"Oppa!" Mi Nyu shouted. "Stop it!"

I smirked.

I can have a little fun.

"Well, we went to the hotel room first," I started.

Mi Nam clenched his fist and rushed towards me only to be stopped by Shin-Woo and Jeremy. "Calm down!" they both shouted.

"OPPA!" Mi Nyu put her hands on his chest and pushed him away.

"Then we-"

"HYUNG-NIM!" Mi Nyu interrupted me, her face turning red. "You stop this too!"

I shrugged. "What? He wanted to know what we did. We went to a museum, a park, the beach, a zoo, a spa, a few shopping malls, and some concerts," I listed.

The vein at Mi Nam's temple pulsated. "You know damn well that's not what I am talking about!"

"What are you talking about then?" I asked innocently.

"YAH! If she becomes preg-"

"OPPA! SHUT UP!" Mi Nyu burst.

Mi Nam stopped fidgeting and slumped down. "Mi Nyu...told me to shut up? My dear, dear sister? WHO TAUGHT HER THOSE WORDS? TAE-KYUNG!"

I closed my eyes and held three fingers to my head. "Your shouting is giving me a headache."

"What's up with all the yelling this early in the morning? People in this neighborhood are going to think a murder is being committed," informed Manager Ma as he walked in.

"Let them think that! Because Tae-Kyung will be a goner!"

Coordinator Wang suddenly appeared from behind Manager Ma. "Mi Nyu! You came back!" She pushed Mi Nam away with one fell swoop and embraced her. "I missed you so much! How was it? Was it fun?" she jumped up and down while holding Mi Nyu in her excitement.

"That's what I've been asking!" Go Mi Nam declared thinking that he and Coordinator Wang were on the same boat.

"Coordinator Unnie! Hyung-nim and I had so much fun!" Mi Nyu cried.

"No!" Mi Nam wailed. "Why? How can you say that?"

"Hyung-nim, can you grab that blue bag?" Mi Nyu asked with her face pushed up against the sparkly fabric of Coordinator Wang's blouse as she continued to crush her.

I handed the bag to Coordinator Wang in exchange for Mi Nyu. "We bought these for you," I said. "They're scarves when it's winter."

"Ooh! I like them!" Coordinator Wang cheered.

"Tae-Kyung! We're not done talking! If my little-"

"Mi Nam, shut up!" Jeremy clamped his ears.

I scowled. "What's wrong with Go Mi Nam?" I muttered under my breath as I drew a piece of egg into my mouth.

Shin-Woo pulled out the chair besides me and sat down. He rolled a small porcelain teacup in his palms. "Thanks," he grinned.

"No problem. Mi Nyu thought you would like it," I said.

"I don't like it. I love it," he replied.

"That's good."

Mi Nam and Jeremy continued to bicker and their voices grew louder and louder. "Why is Mi Nam like this?" I questioned.

"He's in a bad mood," Shin-Woo laughed. "The fans in Japan didn't ask him for an encore instead, they were cheering your name."

"Really? My name?" The corners of my mouth lifted in amusement.

"Mi Nyu! My poor baby! Stupid Tae-Kyung didn't force you to do anything right?" Mi Nam cried as he broke away from Jeremy.

"Don't answer that," I jumped up. "He'll just misinterpret them" I turned to him. "Yah, Go Mi Nam, where in the world did those erted thoughts come from?" I asked. It hit me then. I swirled around to face Manager Ma who flushed and turned the other way. "Did you start this?" I icily asked.

Chills ran down Manager Ma's spine. He wiped his forehead as he slowly showed his face. "W-well, Mi-Mi Nyu is..like a daughter to me.." His eyes concentrated on the floor. His watch started beeping. "Oh! Look at the time! We have to go! Boys, go get dressed! President Anh wants us at the agency to talk about your future projects! I'll wait for you in the car. Bye!" he said, running out.

"You wait until I come back Tae-Kyung! Then you're dead!" Coordinator Wang shoved Mi Nam up the stairs while dragging Jeremy with her other hand. "My chocolates! Wait for me!" Jeremy cried.

Shin-Woo stood up and delicately set the cup down. "You have one more day of your vacation before starting work tomorrow. Enjoy it," he said.

I nodded. He walked over to Mi Nyu and patted her head. "Thank-you for the gift."

"These eggs are slightly over-cooked. The bacon is not crispy and the toast is burned at the edges," I said.

Mi Nyu swiftly left Shin-Woo's side with an apologetic expression. "Sorry, Hyung-nim!"

"Here, come eat with me," I said when everyone left and she was cleaning up the wrappers off the ground.

She sat down besides me and nibbled on a piece of toast. I cleared my throat. "Shall we visit your mother's grave today?"

"My mother's?" she repeated.

I nodded. "I found out where she's buried," I said slowly and sincerely.

Tears flooded her eyes. I gently brushed her tears away. "Don't cry, silly," I whispered.

She touched my hands. "Thank-you," she said softly.

I gave her a little smile. "Go get ready. I'll wash the dishes."

I kissed her forehead and started to pile the plates in my hands. "Hyung-nim!"

"What?" I turned around and asked.

She quickly pressed her smooth lips on my cheek before scurrying away. I stood dumbly in the kitchen by myself for a couple minutes before I broke out into a huge grin. I continued to keep my elated expression while applying soap to the dishware.

I laughed quietly reminisced about the times before Mi Nyu staggered into my life.

I am so different from before. Look at me. Laughing to myself when no one is around. I must be crazy. Why does a simple kiss make me so happy?

After the dishes were cleaned and dry I grabbed my car keys that laid on the kitchen table. "I'll wait for you in the car!" I shouted in the direction of our room from downstairs. "Hurry up and don't take too long! You know how much I hate waiting!"

Mi Nyu stumbled out of the house just as I made the decision to go back in to fetch her. She stood besides the passenger door and bowed, "Sorry Hyung-nim!" before entering.

She apologized again when she put her seat-belt on. She had donned on a light summer dress with sandals. I coughed and distracted myself in twisting the keys to start the car. "You look nice," I finally said as I pulled out of the driveway.

"Ah, really? I... I am not used to wearing clothes like this yet," I caught her blushing before she could turn her head to stare outside the car window.

I took her hand without taking my eyes off the road and squeezed it. "You're beautiful."

I could feel her heart pulse faster as her hand grew warmer. I smiled internally to myself.

My phone rang when I stopped at a red light. I picked up the call and Mi Nam's voice screamed into my ear. "You guys are driving me crazy! I must have called the dorm like 100 freaking times! What are you doing and not picking up my calls?"

"Yah! Are you our guardian? And the reason why we're not picking up the phone is because we're in the car!"

The other end became silent. "Uh..Go Mi Nam..you're face is turning pale..what's wrong?" I heard Jeremy ask in the background.

"OH. MY. GOD. They're doing it in the car!" Go Mi Nam exploded.

"It?" Jeremy cried frantically. "What 'it'?"

"IT!" Mi Nam emphasized.

"Go Mi Nam! Give me the phone!" Manager Ma ordered.

"Heck no! You're driving!"

I sighed. I was irritated at the fact that Mi Nam kept on bringing up that subject. "YAH." Go Mi Nam stopped talking. "We're going to visit your mother's grave," I clarified. "Can you stop making stupid accusations?"

"Oh," Mi Nam said, sounding apologetic. The traffic light turned green.

"I gotta go. Bye," I bid.

"Wait, Tae-Kyung, take care of my sister okay?" Mi Nam softly asked.

"Got it," I replied.

"If she cries, let her. But don't ever let her cry alone."

The car behind me honked. "I understand," I said before hanging up.

"Hyung-nim, what did Oppa say?" Mi Nyu glanced at me with curiosity.

I continued to stare straight ahead. "He wanted me to keep an eye on you so that we won't have to file a missing person report," I teased.

"Hey! I don't get lost...that much...occasionally. Fine," she pouted.

"Tch," I quickly reached over and poked her forehead. "Don't wear a frown, it doesn't suit you."

She took hold of my finger and gave it a little squeeze. I tried to pull back but she refused to let go. "You shouldn't fight with Oppa," she said.

I shot her a brief and shocked glare. "Me? Fight with him? Are you kidding? Do you have any idea what he wanted to know this morning? He wanted to know if we- if you were-" I stopped abruptly.

I slyly peered at Mi Nyu. Her forehead crinkled with worry. I sighed, "Don't fret over our arguments. It's how men bond."

Her lips turned down. "I still don't like it."

A rush of guilt and urge to hug her came upon me. "Okay. Okay. I'll try to find some other way for us to get closer without fighting. Now quit looking sad," I commanded.

She grinned and gave me two thumbs up. "Hyung-nim is the best!"

"I better be," I mumbled.

I pulled into a parking lot of a small flower shop. I covered my mouth before I entered the store. "Hyung-nim, I can go in. You don't have to," Mi Nyu offered, remembering my allergy to flower pollen.

"I can bear it," I assured her.

She continued to worry even when I tried to relieve her of doubt. "I am fine," I repeated. I walked past her and opened the door. The wind carried the sweet, floral smell as if it was welcoming me. "Hurry up!"

Mi Nyu and I were greeted by an elderly couple when we walked in. We scanned the small rows of fresh flowers that varied in color. "Let's go with white," I said.

Mi Nyu turned around to face the other row. "Then this one?" she pointed to a bouquet. I could feel my throat seizing up when pollen from the flowers were lifted into the air by Mi Nyu's spinning.

"Great. Let's get it," I said, trying to resist choking.

We walked up to the cashier where I felt better and I took out my wallet. I handed a bill to the old man and a blue rose on the desk caught my eye. "I see you noticed my rose," he said with a warm toothless smile.

I nodded. "Haven't seen one of those before," I remarked.

"Indeed. That there is the first one and only one my wife grew," he added.

"It's so pretty," Mi Nyu said in awe. She reached up to run her fingers down the petal.

"Don't touch it," I chided.

Mi Nyu withdrew her hand and the old man laughed a hearty laugh. "It's okay. That rose isn't that delicate," he said. "It can't be because it's suppose to give hope."

"Hope for what?" Mi Nyu asked with her large eyes full of curiosity.

"Hope to achieve the love that you might think is impossible and unattainable," his wife replied, appearing behind us.

She stepped besides her husband and held his hand in hers. They both smiled at each other in a loving way. "For twenty years, I've chased her and after literally a million rejections, I decided to give up. I thought that she would be happy if I stopped bothering her."

"Fool," she scolded him. "I shouted at him for letting go just like that and gave him this blue rose."

I blinked. "So you're telling me that this rose is over twenty years old?"

"Oh..It's around..40 years old?" the man pondered.

His wife slapped him playfully. "Don't pretend you don't know. You still celebrate our monthly anniversaries let alone our annual ones."

He chuckled. "Has it really been that long? You still look beautiful."

She blushed. "Stop it. There are kids here."

He grinned. "Who cares?"

I cleared my throat. "Excuse us, we have to go now," I said.

"Wait! Do you want to enter our contest? At the end of the month we randomly draw a name and you might win a free bouquet!" his wife called out after us.

"Hyung-nim, let's enter. Huh?" Mi Nyu pleaded.

"Fine," I agreed. I quickly filled in our names and address and handing the paper back to them.

They briefly checked it and dropped it in a jar with other pieces of paper. "Thank-you for your business," they said. "And have a long and happy life together!"

I freely and selfishly breathed in the fresh air. "They are so in love," admired Mi Nyu.

I opened the passenger door for her. "Thank-you, Hyung-nim."

I put on my seat belt and quickly leaned in to kiss her forehead. "Let's be like that in 40 years."


Lol, I think it's been a habit of mine to leave negative author notes at the end. XD Buuuut I probably won't update soon. :s *Shrinks away* Don't kill me!

I'll try my very best though to overcome laziness XD and to kick the pile of homework away!

It'd be great if I see the names that subscribed to "True Love" on this story's list :D and to read even more reviews.

I think that's all I have to say.. =p

REVIEW/ COMMENT/ SUBSCRIBE!