Today Only

Life Of An Ex Call-Girl (Sequel to Diary Of A Call Girl)

 

“Is it true that you and the Big Bang leader G-Dragon have ended your marriage of four years? You’re not wearing your ring” The reporter demanded, shoving the recorder under Amelle’s nose. She crinkled her nose, and pulled away, trying to form a barrier between Zulay and the overbearing paparazzi.

“If you must know, I’m having my ring resized. I almost lost it taking a bath” she lied. Amelle looked around her. Where the hell was JB when she needed him? She her daughter’s hair and attempted to sidestep the reporter, trying not to upset Zulay.

“What about the rumours that you, freshly separated from your husband, are now in an intimate relationship with your Pumpkin Seeds co-star Kim SooHyun?” Amelle’s lips became a tight pressed line. This man was really starting to get on her last nerve. She smiled a strained smile.

“That rumour is untrue. SooHyun and I have always been great friends”

“You’ve been seen heading into his apartment building”

“He babysits Zulay. Now if you don’t mind, I have some grocery shopping to do” This time she was firm, pushing past the reporter.

“What about the rumours that G-Dragon is seeing model Choi Ji Eun?”

Amelle froze in her steps. It was a rumour now. She bit the inside of , trying not to cry. She could not, would not cry in public. It was hard enough hearing that her husband had purposefully cheated on her, but hearing that it had already been broadcasted all over the world was harder. Before she had a chance to speak, that familiar head belonging to JB appeared .

"Heyheyhey, no harassing the busy mother" He playfully pushed the paparazzi away, while signalling to Amelle to get a move on. She nodded. They'd meet at the car later. Abandoning her trolley, she clutched Zulay to herself and walked quickly away. She was no longer in a mood for unwanted attention.

 

 

JB found her waiting patiently on the hood of his car, Zulay playfully bouncing on her lap. She smiled a weak smile, but it didn't fool him one bit. It wasn't until they were safely in his car and far away from the shopping mall that Amelle started crying. She tried to hide it from JB, using her hair to cover her face and sniffling as quietly as she could, but she wasn't fooling anyone. He could tell she was hurting.

He couldn't remember the last time she had smiled. Not a smile-for-the-papparazzi sort of smile, but a genuine smile. She was looking tired too, but expert make up helped her to hide that. Reaching over to her lap, he grabbed her hand that was grazing her knee and gave it a quick squeeze. When Amelle turned to look at him, he could see that her eyes were red and puffy. She had been crying.

"I don't know how I'm supposed to deal with this JB. I have no idea where to go from here..." She trailed off as she tried to smother another sob, and buried her head into her chest. JB shot a look at Zulay sitting in the back of his car. She was asleep thankfully. He didn't want Zulay seeing her mother so fragile.

"Let me take you back to Soohyun's"

 

 

"Hurry on oppa! I don't want to miss the event!" Ji Eun whined, her fists pounding against the bathroom door. Taking a glance at the door, Ji-Yong turned back to the mirror and rolled his eyes. His fists clenched against the marble sink, he continued to stare at his reflection. He didn't want to go to this event. At all. It was Amelle's first album launch party, and he knew she would be there. It was compulsary for him to go, but it didn't hurt any less seeing her again. She, his wife, would be on the arms of another man, a man he had once called his friend.

Splashing his face with some water, he tried to shake the image from his head. He was with Ji Eun now, she was with SooHyun. They were basically over now. And if she filed for custody of Zulay, she's probably get it. No one would take a child away from her mother. Opening the door, he found Ji Eun sitting on his bed, pouting. His eyes threatened to roll. If it had been Amelle who he'd kept waiting, she would have been in the kitchen sitting on the marble island and having a sandwich. Sadness glistened momentarily, but fled just as quickly. If Amelle was going to be there, all happy SooHyun, then he ould be equally happy with Ji Eun. 

He took her hand and let her out of the apartment.

 

"I really don't want to be here, SooHyun. What if Zulay needs me?" Amelle squirmed in her seat. The last place she wanted to be was at a YG event where the possibility on her "husband" attending was quite high. SooHyun tutted.

"Amelle, don't be stupid. This is your event. You can't NOT attend" He reached over and squeezed her hands lightly, resting his above hers momentarily, before he started to move back. Amelle grasped onto his hand, internally gasping at her on actions. She watched as her fingers intwined with SooHyun's. If Ji-Yong could be happy with some bimbo groupie, then why couldn't she at least hold hands with SooHyun.

"You look beautiful today"

Amelle smiled quietly to herself. It had been a while since she'd been told she was beautiful, the fans told her all the time, but not by someone who held an important foothold in her life. And SooHyun was right. She was dressed in a white floor length gown that covered her arms but revealed parts of her back. The material was thin, with white roses made of mesh decorating her body, and it fit snugly against her body. Her stylist always sought to exploit her natural assets by constantly accentuating her figure. Matched with some closed toed navy blue wedged heels, she did look the part. 

The car rolled to a hault and Amelle could here the noise of squabbling reporters, all eager to get the best photo. She pulled her hand away from SooHyun and although he looked disappointed, he nodded.

"I understand"

Taking a deep breath, Amelle opened the limousine door and stepped into the flashing lights.

 

Ji-Yong took a sip of the wine cooler he had been nursing for the past half hour. He had come early for the event in order to portray a united YG front to the papparazzi. They were simply waiting for the leading lady who was being transported from the YG building to arrive. Ji-Yong tried to pretend he was keeping an eye on the entrance, waiting for her to walk in. True is, he missed her. A LOT. He wanted to run to her, and scoop her up in her arms. He wanted to kiss her and apologise and promise to never fight with her again. He had so much to be sorry for, but he had so much to be thankful for when it came to her. 

Sensing that Ji Eun was watching him eyeing the door, he turned away to face Seungri and Dara, who were in deep conversation. His ears pricked up at the sound of shouting and camera flashes. She was here. Ji-Yong could hardly keep the grin off his face. He had been away from his wife for too damn long. Seperating himself from the limpet Ji Eun, he began to make his way through the crowd of YG employees and guests towards the entrance. A few feet away from the door, Ji-Yong stopped abruptly.

There she stood, smiling and greeting the YG papa. They exchanged a hug and she laughed, that beautiful open laugh that she did. It wasn't her laughter that stopped him, but rather her company. SooHyun stood a step behind her, hand gently pressed into her back. He shook YG's hand before leading Amelle further into the event. Ji-Yong shrunk back as they passed him. He watched as Amelle stopped abruptly, her face turned just slightly as if to say she knew he was there. After a word from SooHyun, she continued on, not turning to look at him. Ji-Yong tried to swallow the lump that was growing in his throat.

 

"He's here" Amelle mumbled to SooHyun as they circled the room, making salutations as the 'Pumpkin Kiss' co stars. A suprising number of guests claimed to enjoy the show rather a lot, and shipped the Soo-Melle couple rather hard. They laughed it off, they were best friends, and would make their way to the next person they needed to greet.

"I know. He's been watching you ever since you came in" SooHyun's eyes were on the ground as if mulling something over. Amelle frowned at him, she could practically see the cogs winding in his head.

"What is it?"

SooHyun grabbed Amelle's hand and caressed it. Amelle couldn't help looking around to see who was watching them. For now, noone. But it wouldn't be long before someone noticed. She snatched her hand back.

"What the hell are you doing?" She hissed, angry that he had embarrassed her.

"Maybe we should tell him...about us"

"SooHyun, there is no us. There won't even be a you if you don't control yourself. We've not even seperated yet..." Amelle glared at him, still feeling the flush in her cheeks. How dare he do this in front of all these people. SooHyun his cheeks in and a flash of bitterness swept through his eyes, before he frowned again.

"Fine. I'll wait. I'm gonna get a drink" He walked off without so much as a word. Amelle pursed her lips as she heard her name being called by the YG papa to come perform the title track of her new album. As she walked towards the stage, smiling and waving at the guests and fans, she felt a hand grab hers. Looking down at the hand, she traced it up the arm and to the face it belonged to. She didn't need to see his face to know it was him, but she couldn't believe it was real.

"Ji" She whispered, half amazed, half overcome with emotions. He swallowed.

"Amelle, I..."

"OPPA!" A slightly intoxicated girl attached herself to Ji-Yong's waist, knocking him off his balance. He held firmly onto Amelle's hand though. Taking a good look at the girl, Amelle recognised her immediately. Ji-Yong had been photographed a few times with her. The girl nuzzled into Ji-Yong's chest, who looked absolutely disgusted but didn't stop her. Amelle gave her the once over. The girl, her name was Ji something, was dressed in a tight black dress that tried and failed to excentuate what little assets the girl had. She had the typical model physique with long dark hair and long white legs. Standing next to her, Amelle felt like she was being compared to an fairy while she was a troll doll.

Prying her hand from Ji-Yong's she headed towards the stage and allowed YG to help her up the stairs, flashing her famous smile. As she took centre stage with the mike, she hugged YG, showing her appreciation yet again. As he took his seat, she began to speak,

"Annyeong everyone! My name is Amelle, and I would like to thank you for attending my launch party for my album 'The Real Reason'. I would like to thank everyone for the work they put into making this album possible. Firstly, thank you YG papa for having the faith that I could actually pull this off. I can't count how many hours every day and night you spent with me in the studio, coaching me and altogether inspiring me. To my manager, Woo-jin, thank you for continuously motivating me and being behind me all the way in this project. I don't think I would have survived without your words of wisdom..."

As soon as Amelle had finished her thanks, she started to introduce her song,

"Now I'll sing the title song from my album 'Today Only', which I warn you is quite a sad song" 

As the intro started in, Amelle couldn'thelp but look for Ji-Yong in the crowd. She missed him so much. She hoped he only knew that she was thinking of him. Her cue came in;

Can you neglect my sorrow just for today
Can you keep mute your questions to me
It hurts so much I can't describe
Why must my love hurt so much
Nothing seems to comfort me
Can you just leave me alone
I know I look so pitiful

That one person who loved me
That one person who hurt me
I hate those past memories
I know I have to erase them, I must, but just for one day

Everything seems so messed up
I can't even find the reason to breath no more
Living a day seems like a year to me
I hope everything's gonna be alright

That one person who loved me
That one person who hurt me
I hate those past memories
I know I have to erase them, I must, but..

Can you give me the last moment to cry?
Do you mind giving my mind a rest for today?
I guess it's time I have to send you away
It's not even worth crying anymore

Can you hug me just for once
I know it'll only sadden me more
I wish I can ride a time machine
Just for today..

 

Amelle sung a few songs after 'Just Today' that were considerably much happier, but they didn't wash the taste of the first song out of . She smiled and bowed, accepting compliments from individuals who came up to praise her for being this and that, but the smile was as fake as Ji something's nose job. When the crowd finally dispursed, Amelle headed towards the drinks table. She was ing thirsty. 

Gulping down the fruit punch that was being served, Amelle didn't bother to breath as she swallowed, causing her to cough slightly as some went down the wrong way. She covered , as opposed to simply wiping it with the back of her hand than she normally did. When a tissue was handed to her, she took it greatfully and wiped as the last coughs escaped. Turning to find her saviour, she found her husband 

"Thank you" she whispered, her eyes avoiding his. They had already fallen back into awkwardness. She could tell he was watching her but she dared not look up. When she couldn't resist anymore, she met his eyes and saw how much he had changed. He didn't look happy. He had dark circles under his eyes, that although lavishly covered in makeup, were still visible. His hair look as if it was in distress. Any other person would have passed it off as too much chemical dying but she knew better. He was skinnier too, if that was even possible. The time apart had not been good to him.

"You look...different" She offered, summoning up an attempt to start a conversation. Ji-Yong smiled sadly at her and nodded.

"You're still beautiful Amelle" Ji-Yong took her hand in his, this time gently and caressed it lightly. Amelle's eyes closed, relishing his touch for a moment. She really missed him touching her. But he pulled away too soon. When Amelle looked at him, he looked as if he was going to cry.

"Amelle...I miss y..."

"Ji, we should..."

They both smiled as they found themselves speaking at the same time. Ji-Yong took Amelle's hand a second time and pulled her closer to him, leaving about 30cm between them. He lifted her hand to his lips and kissed it. 

"I've really missed you"

That familiar warm feeling was spreading through Amelle's chest. Were they about to make up?

"I don't want to fight anymore either Ji"

"Then come home. We can sit and talk this out properly. We can..."

Ji-Yong was cut off as Ji Eun emerged between the reconsiling couple. This time, their hands were ripped apart. Ji Eun partially blocked Amelle from Ji-Yong, wrapping an arm around his waist, while another latched onto his shirt front, forming a small fist. She smiled hautily at Amelle who clutched the hand Ji-Yong had been holding defensively to her chest as if she had been burned. She swallowed, eyes darting left and right. The moment for reconcile was over.

"You're Amelle right? The singer?" Ji Eun asked, feigning ignorance as she held on tighter to Ji-Yong.

Amelle wanted to flash a look at Ji-Yong as if to ask if he was kidding, bringing this girl along, but he avoided her look. Amelle pursed her lips yet again that night, the warm feeling in her chest rapidly depleting.

"Yes that's me. Are you a fan?"

"Nope" The girl replied cattily, smirking at herself, "I only came to keep oppa company"

Amelle in her cheeks as she watched this random girl show PDA with her husband.

"Well, we can't all have good taste. My husband has clearly lost his" Amelle clicked her tongue as she watched Ji Eun realised what Amelle meant. But Ji Eun had another card up her sleeve. She turned to face Ji-Yong who was beginning to look increasingly uncomfortable, and was attempting to pry Ji Eun's fingers off of him without causing too much of a scene.

"Let's go home oppa" She whined, and Amelle felt like gagging. He hated that sort of sickly, sweet diabetes aegyo. Finally freeing himself from Ji Eun's grasp, Ji-Yong shook his head.

"No, Ji Eun. I need...I need to talk to my wife"

"But I thought after what happened last night, we'd become special"

Amelle felt as if she had been shot in the abdomen for a second time in her life. Last night? Special? That could only mean one thing right? She looked at Ji-Yong, hoping, praying, begging that it wasn't true. He wouldn't do that to her. She was his wife, they were married, they had a child together. 

"What? You and her? You..."

His eyes found only the ground. Amelle her lips as she felt her eyes starting to burn. Snatching her purse off the table, Amelle tried her best not to look fazed as Ji Eun smirked away at her. Regaining composure, Amelle made up her mind to leave.

"Great talking to you Ji-Yong. Have a nice life" Amelle made to turn, when she bumped into SooHyun, who had a face of thunder as he glared at Ji Eun. She flattened somewhat under his gaze and her smirk began to look less and less satisfied. SooHyun looked down at Amelle and his face immediately softened, collapsing to worry as he saw her eyes filling tears. 

"What's wrong?" He questioned holding onto the sides of her face, trying and failing to get her to look at him. 

"Let's just go back to yours..." Amelle trailed off, her head bowed. Wrapping his jacket over her shoulder, SooHyun led Amelle out and away from the event and put her into the limousine that had transported them there. After giving his address to the driver he turned his attention to Amelle. She was full frontal crying now, her eyes pink and small from rubbing them too much. Tentatively, he touched her and she jumped, her eyes locking on him.

"Are you ok, Ame..?" He was cut off as she pressed her lips against his, hard and hungrily. As much as he just wanted to lay her down against the seat and feel her body underneath his, he pulled away.

"Stop! What are you doing?"

Amelle looked away out of the window, no longer touching SooHyun, who let out a staggered breath and watched her.

"It's over between me and him now. I'm upset. And I need comforting. Don't you want to comfort me?"

She turned to look at him with her grey eyes and SooHyun couldn't help but melt. How long had he been waiting for this moment? Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. Pulling her torso closer to his, SooHyun kissed her, tasting the salt of her tears on his tongue. She fisted his shirt, getting as close to him as possible. There was nothing to stop what was going to happen. Ji-Yong had basically thrown their marriage away. Who was she to hold onto something that was no longer there?

 

Amelle woke up a few hours later, , covered in sweat and beside a sleeping SooHyun. The rest of their night had been spent having mad, passionate, almost angry and they had fallen asleep almost immediately after. But she was awake now, and her head was clear. She couldn't believe what she has just done. In a fit of rage and emotional distraught, she had slept with the one man Ji-Yong had hated. In a way, she had tainted her body. Amelle shook her head, her damp hair sticking to her forehead. Ji-Yong had done it first.

She staggered to the bathroom and made it just in time as she was violently sick. Her marriage was in tatters and she had slept with her husbands enemy. But Ji-Yong had done it first. The painful prangs came back and she felt as if a knife had been slid into her stomach. He had done this to her, to their family. She would never trust him again. She threw up again. She never knew anything could hurt this much. Her chest was heaving and a strange gurgling sound that she tried to squash was protruding from .

"Are you ok?"

Amelle jumped, turning to look at SooHyun who was leaning on the doorframe, dressed in simply his boxers. Wiping , she stood up, using the sink to support her body. She wiped with the back of her hand before turning on the tap and washing out . When she was done, she nodded at him.

"I'm ok"

She tried to avoid looking at him, feeling guilty for the act they had committed. His torso glistened with sweat from their 'horizontal mumba' and he had the look of a heavily sated man underneath his face of concern. Amelle, nodding, walked past him and climbed into his bed, wrapping herself up in his blanket. He climbed in behind her a few moments later and attempted to turn her over.

"Dont. I was just sick"

"Come here"

Reluctantly, she turned and settled into his arms. She cried herself to sleep.