Pride

Life Of An Ex Call-Girl (Sequel to Diary Of A Call Girl)

Little did Amelle know, that the bad feelings she had felt at the concert would come to surface so quickly. 

The clocked chimed four as Amelle hurriedly stuffed her handbag with her keys and shoved her cell into her pocket. Her six o'clock meeting with the CEO had been moved up and she'd only just been given the memo. Sending a quite message that she was 'otw', Amelle wretched the door open to find a dirty and dishevelled Jae-sun in front of her, fists shaking. Where the hell was Ji-Yong? He was supposed to pick Jae-sun up after school, or at least send his co-ordi to get him.

"Jae-sun?"

 

"Jae-sun, what the hell happened?" Amelle asked as she gently cleaned his wounds. She could already tell he'd been in a fight, but it was so unlike the boy she knew. She tried to keep her voice calm, but she could practically taste the edge to it. Ji-Yong was going to get it when he got home. Motioning for Jae-sun to take off his school shirt, she marvelled at the bruises and scratches that littered his small torso. Making every attempt to avoid her eyes, Jae-sun stared pointedly at the ground, fists still balled tightly together.

"Baby...what happened?" her eyes searched his little face, fondly his hair. A single tear dribbled down his cheek and Jae-sun sniffed. Amelle sat down at the kitchen table and pulled him onto her lap, wrapping her arms around his form. She sat there, rocking him gently for the next half hour, ignoring the repetitive vibrating of her phone as it did a little dance across her table. 

"They called you a cadela' Jae-sun whispered. Amelle stopped for a moment, but continued rocking him. A 'cadela'. A . That was how eleven year olds thought of her. Amelle didnt doubt that was how their parents thought of her. But to say that to her brother. Amelle couldnt hide her anger.

Again and again, she tried to call Ji-Yong, but he wasn't picking up.

 

When she'd tucked Jae-sun into bed she decided to try again and ask him what had happened. She'd fed him microwave pizza, his favourite food, in the hopes of making him feel better, but he'd remained stoic, keeping absolutely quiet. She nestled next to him on the single bed.

"You gonna tell me what happened?"

Jae-sun looked away from her. He snuggled down in bed, remaining so still. As Amelle got up to leave, Jae-sun spoke.

"They called you a cadela in class. They got me while I was waiting for Ji-Yong to pick me up" 

"Ji-Yong wasn't there" Jae-sun shook his head and burrowed deeper under the covers. A single sniffle came out from under the duvet but he didn't resurface.

"I hit them back though, like you taught me" Amelle smirked slightly, proud that he didn't let the other boys taken advantage of you. She was still pissed though. When she found out the names of those boys, there was going to be a problem.

 

Ji-Yong twisted the key in the lock and pushed the door open to their penthouse apartment as quietly as he could. It was almost one am. Jae-sun and Zoo would be well asleep. Shrugging his jacket off, he chucked it on the hanger and the light to find his wife glaring at him front across the dinner table, a plate cold food where he normally sat.

"Well?"

"Sorry I'm late for dinner babe" Ji-Yong ran his fingers though his hair and kissed her cheek sheepishly. Immediately she stopped glaring, but a look of quiet anger remained on her face. Kicking off his shoes, he sat down and started to shovel in the cold food, eyes downwards. Amelle folded her arms and watched him.

"Babe?"

"Hm?" Ji-Yong grunted.

"Where's Jae-sun?"

Ji-Yong froze, his eyes widening.

"" Dropping his chopsticks, he scurried towards the door, snatching up his keys and jacket. Amelle cleared .

"He's in bed"

Ji-Yong's face lightened, relief washing over him.

"He walked home by himself...after he got beat up"

Had he heard correctly? Ji-Yong studied Amelle's face for any sign that she was telling a lie. He couldn't find one. Guilt flooded through him ino every one of his pours.

"He was ambushed while waiting for you to pick him up. Where were you Ji?"

Ji-Yong opened his mouth to speak but he couldn't. What could he say to make it better? Was there anything anyone could say to make it better? He couldn't even look in her eyes.

"He was waiting for you? Where the hell were you Ji? Why the weren't you there?" Picking herself up from the table, Amelle headed to the bedroom they shared and shut the door. Ji-Yong dropped his coat. It was going to be a long night for him, and a long time before she forgave him.