Reality or Fiction

Life Of An Ex Call-Girl (Sequel to Diary Of A Call Girl)

The girl studied Ji-Yong. Rumour and every chat room in the world had it that he was happily married to ‘ultimate idol’ Amelle Kwon nee de Souza. He was one of the most desirable men in the K-Pop world: talented, humble, he was even a family man; girls across the nation had been dreaming of snagging this dreamboat. But, out of the blue, this Portuguese Korean bomb had appeared and snatched up the leader of Big Bang, sending fan girls in frenzies , madly gnashing their teeth at their lost chances.

Her name was Ji Eun, and she had been lucky enough to snag a spot on the latest Big Bang shoot. She couldn’t help but be one of the many girls on shoot who had a crush on one of the members. Of course the target of her affection was ‘unavailable’ but she was sure she could change that.

 

He grabbed her hand as he scissor kicked his ex-comrade. No one was going to touch her. One look into his eyes and she knew. Run.

Squeezing his hand, she forced herself to start running, away from the commotion they had started. Behind them, voice shouted, shots were fired but they kept running. Away from the madness. Her hair whipped madly as they pounded the streets, trying to escape the following footsteps. Sweat ran down his forehead as he banked left, narrowly avoiding a couple getting intimate. The girl screamed and the guy dodged, both getting in the way of those chasing them. But they were fit and there was more of them. As they ran, she spotted a narrow alley way up ahead. She pulled him towards it. She was skinny, he was wiry. It was a narrow arch way, dark and hidden. She pulled him into it, and he just about got in as the goons ran past. It was a tight squeeze. So tight that their faces were almost touching. They stayed frozen. He tried not to think as he felt her gentle breath against his neck, and she tried not to let her fingers wander across the body that was pressed against her. They didn't know how long they were stuck there together.

He gave her a look, deep into her eyes, darting from them to her lips. He had nothing to loose. His friends were set out to kill him. Nothing she could do would ever match the betrayal. Somehow, he managed to reach her face. Cupping it, he pressed his lips against hers. Her eyelids fluttered closed.

"And cut! Soo Hyun! Amelle! That kiss! Beautiful!" The director complimented as he gave orders to the cast and crew. Soo Hyun slowly pulled away, his lip sticking slightly to hers. He looked into her eyes with a meaningful look.

"Amelle..."

Amelle studied Soo Hyun's face. She knew what he was going to say. She pressed her fingers to his lips. She smiled jokingly.

"Let's not ruin a perfect take, right?" She smiled uncertainly. Sadness flashed through Soo Hyun's eyes, but he covered it quickly. He gave Amelle a quick side hug.

"You're right" He gently knocked her head with his knuckles.

 

 

Ji-Yong was recording on the day he saw Pumpkin Seeds episode 8. He knew his wife had been working hard and that the show was getting a lot of fan support, but he had never taken the time to actually sit down and watch a full episode. He'd never had the time to set aside in the first place. As Tae yang stepped into the booth to record his part, Ji-Yong decided to take a break in the nearby chill room. 

He plonked himself down on a huge orange bean bag and stretched for the remote. Flicking through the channels, he heard a familiar theme song. At the very least he had bothered to remember the theme song of Pumpkin Seeds so he'd know if an episode was on and try to catch a snippet. He watched as the k-drama started and his wife entered the scene.

"So what do you expect me to do, huh? Run away with you? You crazy or something?" She pointed at Soo Hyun, who swatted her hand away. She scoffed. 

Taking out his samsung galaxy, Ji-Yong googled 'Pumpkin Seeds'. If he was going to catch up with the whole storyline and the YuHan (Soo Hyun) and GaYun (Amelle) relationship, he needed to check up on the news waves. He scrolled through the lists of results, skimming through until something caught his attention. He had spent his whole relationship having the netizens and fans call them 'G-Melle' smushing their names together like some frankenstienian monster. Now, a new name was staring back at him. Soo-Melle. It didn't even sound right. He clicked on the link, and a new site opened up.

"Pumpkin Seeds Fan Site" A huge banner lit up, with the official series poster of Amelle and Soo Hyun beneath it. The theme song of the series started to play as Ji-Yong scrolled down the page. The first section was full of the latest episode pics, all different scene shots someone had obviously made from watching the show online. His eyes travelled through the pictures until something caught his eye.

It was a simple screen shot, but it was what the picture was showing that made him stop. Soo Hyun was locking lips with his wife. And she looked as if she was enjoying it. Underneath the picture were the words 'what we've all been waiting for'. So even the fans wanted  it. Ji-Yong didn't know how he felt. Soo Hyun was Amelle's co worker. He'd been the one she'd pulled a late night dinner, a ritual she and Ji-Yong used to uphold. Now the fans were applauding their on screen relationship and making up rumours that it was true.

When Ji-Yong bumped into Ji Eun in the corridor, she had returned to collect her paycheque, something inside him, something he didn't know existed, agreed to go out with her for a drink. If Amelle could be so free, then why couldn't he?