Dancing On My Own

Life Of An Ex Call-Girl (Sequel to Diary Of A Call Girl)

Amelle in her cheeks as the make-up artist applied blusher to her cheek bones. It was her first performance on MNET Idol Concert, and she had to admit she was a little nervous. She'd seen the show so many times, and the artists could dance however they wanted but the one year she decided to participate, they changed the rules. They had categories. And YG had thought it would be a good idea for Amelle to get back on variety concerts. So there she was, sitting and waiting for the show to start. The moment YG had called the meeting, that ALL artists had to attend, she should have known that there was something funny in the water. But the moment he had mentioned the tango, she had jumped at the chance to show off her portuguese talents. Now, she wasn't so sure.

She wasn't sure when her make up artist and coordi had left until she was alone. Staring into the mirror, she tried to memorize her dance moves as she drew circle on her desk with the pad of her fore finger. She had a feeling that he would be there watching her on stage, and his little madam would be sitting in the audience, probably in the front row. Running her fingers through her hair, she tried to pinpoint why she felt so empty. 

SooHyun was actually making her happy now. Just that morning, they had even made pancakes with Zulay and Jae-sun. They were kind of acting like a family, and even Zulay had noticed. She's gone from calling him Hoon, to Appa Hoon, and then simply Appa. An action she had recently stopped doing for Ji-Yong. Leaning back in her chair, Amelle heard the door open.

"Am?"

Her face dropped.

"What do you want Ji?"

She didn't dare look at him, nor did she want to.

"I want to talk"

"I'M DONE TALKING"

"You've said nothing"

Amelle jumped from her chair and spun around glaring at him, dressed in his fancy get up. She had never felt so much anger, pain and hatred towards him before him. The hell did he think he was doing here?

"WHAT is there to say?"

"We can fix this..."

"Do not start with me Ji, I swear to god. DON'T even ING start"

"Ams, please" He reached for Amelle's arm, but she struck out her hand connecting with his cheek.

"Don't ever touch me again, you disgust me"

Amelle charged past him, her shoulder connecting with his. He grabbed her arm roughly, yanking her back towards him.

"Amelle. ENOUGH!"

"Read my lips Ji-Yong" Amelle spat, giving him the angriest, most disgusted look she could muster, "I hate you"

She snatched her arm away from him and yanked open the door. Without turning around, she spoke the last sentence she wanted to say to him,

"Stay away from MY daughter"

 

 

"You know I'm trying to make it happen for us right now. I gotta do what I gotta do, for me and you" Ji-Yong rapped as the intro for 'Dancing On My Own' started up. He chanced a clance at Amelle who was across the stage from him and TOP, harmonising to the tune. Her eyes were closed. Somehow, she had either agreed or been roped into sing the part of Pixie Lott with them. As practiced TOP walked up to her and started rapping. 

"I remember we were living like kings and queens-" He took her hand and twirled her slowly.

"Then suddenly there's a glitch in the system" Ji-Yong rapped as he joined them, pulling her away from TOP. Amelle complied, but he felt her pull back slightly. When he looked at her, she smiled but he could tell it was strained. It was difficult for the both of them.

"A little bit more goes a long way" Amelle found herself between both TOP and JiYong as she sung. It made her uncomfortable to be so close to him after the huge fight they'd had.

As the song carried on, she tried not to cry. Again and again, she had to be close to him, knowing how much he had hurt her, and how much he was hurting. At one point, he had his forehead against hers as he rapped and she could see the tears swimming in his eyes. This song was hitting home way too much.

"And that all I get from YOU, but I gave me all you YOU" Amelle emphasized her words as she looked at him, dancing across the stage. Whoever had chosen this song to sing as purely evil. She just wanted it to be over. As the song neared the ending, Ji-Yong laced his fingers into hers and squeezed her hand, trying to convey everything he wanted to say to her. The song was over.

 

"Are you sure you're ready to do this? I can wait..." SooHyun questioned as he caressed Amelle's palm. They were sitting in the lobby of his apartment building together on the couch. He watched her earnestly as she kept her eyes on the carpet. She had made the decision to finally step out with SooHyun as a couple. They couldn't keep hiding it anymore. Ji-Yong had already been caught out with Jieun, though it didn't look as if he had bothered to hide their relationship. Her actions were going to have bad repurcussions, she knew this, but she couldn't let herself be the one that the public pitied. Hate her if they must, but pity her, that she couldn't take. 

Looking into SooHyun's eyes, she could see that he would be fully behind her. She just had to say yes and he would be with her throughout the transition. Studying him, Amelle wondered what life would have been like if she had met him first, not Ji-Yong. Ji-Yong had made her risk so much. She had chosen him over Kikwang, she had almost lost Jae-sun. SooHyun had simply waited for her. He was beginning to look like a far better prospect than her 'husband' was. Squeezing his hand, Amelle stood up, feeling queasy. She nodded. She was ready.

"Ok"

 

 

"I'm sure you both understand why you're here" YG stated taking a moment to look at the pair. He had to admit, he was disappointed. He had had so much faith in the both of them, after all they had been through. They had been through so much, yet they couldn't make it work. He shook his head.

"Considering all the bad press you've both been getting, I have to think of the effect it has to the company"

He scanned their faces. They had really changed. When they were first married, their chairs would have been glued to each others, but now, they couldn't be further away. He could see the way they strained, wanting to give in to each other, but not wanting to be the first to give in. He his lips.

"I had a meeting with the board of directors...I'm sorry but I'm going to have to terminate one of your contracts"

"What!" Ji-Yong shot up onto his feet. He looked between Amelle and YG, trying to gather some sense from the situation. Amelle continued staring at the ground. YG's face didn't change.

"You're kidding me right?" Ji-Yong urged, pressing his palms against YGs desk. YG shook his head and pursued his lips. Ji-Yong slid back into his chair and turned to face Amelle. She was looking out of the window now. Throughout the meeting she had said nothing, and even now she remained quiet.

"I'm afraid that the decision has already been made. One of you has to leave. It's just up to you to dec-"

"I'll leave" Amelle spoke, her voice oddly calm. Ji-Yong turned to face her, face contorted in horror.

"Amelle, don't"

"Terminate my contract YG. I'm ok with it" And with that, Amelle stood up, bowed and exited the room. Ji-Yong shook his head as he darted to follow her.

"Don't listen to her!"

 

 

"Ams! What are you doing?" Ji-Yong slowed down his jogging to a halt next to her. She was leaning against the YG building, resting her head against the brick wall. He stopped just a whisper away from her sight.

"You can't just leave..."

Amelle turned to face him, and wiped tears away with her index fingers. She was severing ties here. It was the only way to get over him now. 

"It's over Ji. I'm over this"

"But you can't..."

"This was your dream Ji, it was always your dream. I just tagged on for longer than I should have"

"Ams please..."

"You have what you want Ji. Your perfect career, perfect home, perfect girlfriend" It bit her to say it, and she could see the way he flinched that he flet the bite too. He reached out to touch her, but she flinched. Pulling her coat tighter to her, she started walking backwards away from him.

"Please don't Ji. Just don't"