There's No Such Thing As A 'Friendly' Dinner

Life Of An Ex Call-Girl (Sequel to Diary Of A Call Girl)

"I honestly don't know what I'm supposed to do with him JB..." Amelle panted as she chased him across the court, trying to swipe the ball away from him. It was their weekly ritual of a one on one basketball match. So far JB was winning. Usually he won, but it was normally by a slim margin. Right now he was great strides ahead of her.

"Well maybe he's under a lil stress. I mean, they are working on a new album"

Amelle snatched the ball and pressed it against her hip. 

"And I'm not? I'm staring in a new drama, am the new model for Revlon 2013 and I'm raising that mans baby..."

"Ok ok I get it. Don't bite my hea off. Have you tried talking to him?"

Amelle shook her head. It had been a little difficult for her and Ji-Yong to have a conversation since she had basically told him that he disappointed her. 

"You never know," JB shook his hair, flicking the blond strands off his forehead, "Maybe he's thinking of a way to make it up to you" Amelle scoffed. Chance would be a fine thing.

 

“So rumour has it, you’re dating Jung Min Hee?” the reported smiled at Soo Hyun, pointing a microphone demandingly at him. Soo Hyun ruffled his hair and side glanced at Amelle, who gave him a cross eyed look. The rumour of him dating an ulzzang had been circulating for a few weeks now, and he honestly had no idea how it had started. He shook his head.

“Those rumours are untrue. Jung Min Hee is a very beautiful girl, but I do not have links romantically towards her” Soo Hyun smiled at the reporter, who returned a less that believable smile and turned to Amelle.

“So Amelle, how does it feel to be working with Soo Hyun on one of the most highly anticipated tv dramas for 2013?”

Amelle smiled into the camera and turned to face Soo Hyun, playfully poking him in the ribs.

“It’s like working with your best friend. On set, off set, Soo Hyun and I have such great working chemistry"

"And she's such a comedian. Everyday with her is full of laughter" Soo Hyun looked at Amelle and his eyes twinkled. The reported cleared his throat and Soo  Hyun sheepishly turned back to face him.

"So...the fans are dying to know...will there be a kiss scene between you too?"

Amelle and Soo Hyun both looked at each other and giggled.

"Shall I take this one?" Amelle asked. Soo Hyun nodded.

"Well, to all our loyal fans, you'll just have to wait and see. But I promise...we won't disappoint" Amelle winked into the camera.

Checking her iphone 4, Amelle found she didn't have any messages from her husband. She'd messaged him earlier to inform him off her interview and that she'd be home as soon as possible, but she had got nothing in return. It was his turn to be home early to look after Zulay anyways. Packing her bag, she pulled her jacket on and headed to leave, keys clutched in hand, trying to figure out what to feed Zoo for dinner. A hand clasped her wrist. Amelle turned to look at the wrist, and then the face. Soo Hyun. She broke into a smile. 

"Soo Hyun. What's up?"

"You ready for that dinner yet?" He smiled earnestly. Amelle checked the time on her phone. 6.30pm. She should get home. She opened to turn him  down yet again, but something stopped her. When was the last time she had done anything fun. She nodded. 

"It's on you right?" She playfully punched Soo Hyun's gut. He nodded and caught her in a headlock. 

"It's on me. Follow my car?" He released Amelle and stuck out his tongue. It was the sort of thing she and Ji-Yong used to due in their early days of marriage, and it was refreshing. Amelle nodded and saluted. 

"See you there" heading towards her car, Amelle sent a quick message to Ji-Yong and dropped her phone into her bag. Even Mummy needed some time off.

 

Ji-Yong lit a candle and hurried around the kitchen, trying not to burn the brocolli. It had been so long since he had cooked, that it might actually be possible for him to burn a vegetable you were supposed to boil. It had been a while since he and Amelle had spent some quality time together. He'd already called babysitter to watch over Zulay, and Jae-sun had a sleepover so they would be alone. His phone sat abandoned on the couch, his battery dead unbeknowst to him. As he fluttered around the kitchen, his slim frame dancing to the Jay Z cd that was playing, he could only imagine the look on his wife's face when she arrived home to him.

 

"So I was standing there, completely drenched to the skin, and absolutely everyone was staring me" Soo Hyun finished his story and Amelle burst into giggles, taking another sip of her soju. She hadn't realised that Soo Hyun was so much of a joker. She would have hung out with him earlier if she had known.  She checked her phone. It was pushing 1.30 am. Her eyes slowly widened, the soju taking effect. She hadnt gone drinking for months. She clumsily grabbed her bag.

"I need to get home" She was a little bit tipsy, but she was also tired from her busy schedule, that didn't mix well. Soo Hyun grabbed her arm, and wrapped it around his neck, 

"Let me drive you home. I'll bring you your car tomorrow" 

They walked in silence towards Soo Hyun's car, trying to avoid for the icy patches. 

"You know, this is really sweet of you Soo Hyun, to drive me home. I really appreacia-argh" Amelle slipped on a patch of ice, and her legs disappeared from under her. She was heading for an icy suprise. Until she felt arms around her waist. Amelle peeled her eyes open. Soo Hyun was two inches away from her face, his arms squuezing her waist. Amelle swallowed.

 

"And what time do you call this?" Ji-Yong demanded as Amelle stepped into the apartment, accmpanied by Soo Hyun. She frowned at him immediately.

"I was having dinner with Soo Hyun" Ji-Yong glared daggers at Soo Hyun who stood awkwardly in the doorway. Ji-Yong grabbed her by the shoulder, yanking her harshly.

"I was waiting for you. I made dinner" Ji-Yong gestured to the plates of food on the table, stone cold. It reminded Amelle of her dinner a few nights earlier. 

"Well, now you know how it feels" For some reason, she wanted her words to sting Ji-Yong. She turned to Soo Hyun and thanked him for bringing her home, who bowed politely and left, wishing them goodnight. As soon as he was gone, Amelle turned to find Ji-Yong had already gone to bed. Without her.