7. Lost and Found

Suicidal Me: "Kill Me, Baekhyun"

 

Jongin was in a bad mood.

 

Earlier in the morning, he and Chanyeol had an argument which ended with Chanyeol leaving Sarang to fend for herself from Baekhyun. To be honest, Jongin was worried. It would be lie to say he wasn't. After all, he and Sarang had been friends since they were small, and the times they spent together were not that easy to forget.

 

After hearing Sarang had dismissed herself from school early, Jongin wasn't sure if he should consider it a good idea or not.

 

When the school bell rang, Jongin packed up immediately and headed out the door. On the way to Sarang's house, the tan boy spotted none other than Byun Baekhyun frantically searching around the nearby convenient store.

 

'Well, if he's here and Sarang's not... that's good news, right?' Jongin slowed down his pace and walked past the shorter boy. Finally feeling relieved that Sarang was safely away from Baekhyun, Jongin decided to stop by the convenient store and get something to eat.

 

--

 

The school rang, and Baekhyun stood staring down the alley way.

 

Sarang and the boys were no longer there, and Baekhyun had no way of contacting her to know if she was alright. He didn't know her phone number. He didn't know where she lived. Heck, he didn't even know her real name.

 

Just then, a familiar looking tan boy passed him and entered the convenient store. Where had he seen him before?

 

Baekhyun thought hard. He knew he should be worried about the girl, but he had a feeling that if he knew who that tan boy was, it would help out his situation. Oh yea. Snapping his finger, he ran after him into the convenient store.

 

He was the boy that the girl 'Taeyeon' was tickling a couple of days ago. Grabbing the boy's shoulder, Baekhyun coughed and asked as politely as he possibly could. "Are you... the school monitor girl's friend?"

 

The tan boy turned around and faced him. "Oh. It's you." He mumbled in a way that irritated Baekhyun very much, but he kept calm. This was no time to be picking fights.

 

"Are you the school monitor girl's friend?" Baekhyun repeated, his hands impatiently curling into a fist.

 

"School monitor?" The tan boy answers, scratching his head and then turning towards the rice ball section. He eyed the shrimp mayo rice ball before scratching his head again. "Hm. You mean Sarang?"

 

Baekhyun lowered his head, suddenly feeling a little annoyed. "I don't know her name." Blatantly, he answered the boy.

 

"Oh, why are you asking anyways?" Jongin straightened his back and gave Baekhyun a strange look with the rice ball in his hand. "Are you looking for her?" Stepping aside, Jongin put the rice ball on the counter for the part timer to check out for him. He paid eight hundred won for the rice ball and turned his attention back to the shorter boy.

 

Baekhyun opened his mouth to explain himself but no sounds would leave his mouth. What was he supposed to say? 'I saw your friend getting beat up by some guys from another school, but I ignored them. When I went back to check on her, she was gone.' Right. That would earn him a deserving punch in the face.

 

Jongin was still waiting, his patience withering away.

 

"I think she may be in trouble." Baekhyun finally answered. He seemed satisfied with his own reply. It wasn't too secretive, and it didn't reveal anything about Baekhyun abandoning the girl with the mob.

 

Jongin's eyes lit up with surprise. "What? What do you mean?"

 

Okay, Baekhyun, you can do it. Tell him what happened without making yourself look like a horrible person. "Someone saw her being taken away by some strange boys from another high school." That someone was obviously Baekhyun, but he wasn't going to admit that.

 

"What?" Immediately pulling out his cell phone, Jongin speed dialed a number and held his cell phone next to his ears. Nobody answered. "You better be telling the truth." Jongin threatened.

 

With a scoff, Baekhyun glared back at the boy. "You don't have to believe me, but the person who saw them think the boys came from a private school near here." Honestly, Baekhyun felt hella weird talking about himself in third person, and he had no idea why he was asking this tan boy for help. Normally his pride wouldn't allow such a thing as asking for assistance. It's just guilt, he told himself.

 

"A private school? The closest one is Daechun High..." Letting out a loud sigh, Jongin paused and looked at Baekhyun. "Why are you telling me this?" He narrowed his eyes at the other shorter boy and cautiously wet his lips. "You don't even care about her," Jongin paused and raised an eyebrow to make sure, "right?"

 

Baekhyun immediately snaps his head up to deny it. "No, it's just that I haven't gotten back at her for what she's done to me, and if those guys do anything, then I probably can't bother her until she gets better." Catching his breath, he finishes. "Nobody messes with her before I get to." That's it. That was probably why Baekhyun was so desperate to find the girl. He wasn't worried. No, he wasn't. No.

 

After Baekhyun's little speech, Jongin sighed again before heading towards the exit of the convenient store. "I'm going to look around Daechun High."

 

Baekhyun didn't say anything, but he followed after the tan boy.

 


 

Hours passed, and I wasn't sure what to do anymore. I wasn't sure if it was a lucky thing that the boys only beat me until I was nearly unconsciousness without trying anything dirty. All I could think about was that this would not have happened if it wasn't for Byun Baekhyun.

 

After getting my life tangled with that boy, everything had been going downhill.

 

I was just a plain wallpaper with the possibly only one friend, living a peaceful normal life as a student while trying to keep my grades and satisfy my parents. Every since Byun Baekhyun came in my life, I had to fake my name, fake being a girlfriend and fake being sick. The only probably good outcome of all this was being able to see Chanyeol again, but what's the point? That boy was too dense to know I liked him.

 

Lying on the concret floor, being in so much pain that I could not even feel it, I cried. Would anybody even find me?

 

The boys had dragged my out from behind the convenient store and had taken me to an underground parking lot, and I had no idea where it was. No cell phone, and for the past couple of hour, not a single car entered to park. Not even a cat came skimpering into this abandoned lot.

 

At least there was light. Wait. Up ahead, there was a figure out a man frantically running around the parking lot.

 

My vision was hazy, so I could not tell who is was, but he looked awefully tall. Then again, I was glancing up at him limply from the ground, so anybody would have looked tall even if he was just three feet tall.

 

"I found you." I heard him pant before I out.