3. His Girlfriend

Suicidal Me: "Kill Me, Baekhyun"

 

Well, I agreed to be his girlfriend for a day, but this was just--what should I say--troubling.

 

I kicked a pebble down the road and watched it roll away into a sewer hole. Maybe I've been watching too much dramas and fanfictions, but usually when some girl pretended to be a girlfriend for an arrogant stranger to ammend for a wrong she did, didn't she end up being all romantic and whatnot with the guy? Like that drama Coffee Prince or, or something else I can't think of.

 

Did I mind dating Baekhyun? It's probably too early to think about this, but there was a possibility that we could end up... Wait, what if Byun Baekhyun likes me or is interested in me? Slowing down my pace, I eyed the back of the so called monster Byun Baekhyun's back. It was wider than I thought it was, completely unexpected seeing how his face was like an aimless child's. I honestly wouldn't have minded dating him if he liked me. I wonder if that's why he offered to give me a chance to act like his--

 

"Can you walk any slower?" Byun Baekhyun sarcastically grumbled, grabbing my arm to hurry up and dragging me towards a cafe ahead.

 

I pushed the large sunglasses up the bridge of my nose and stuck my tongue out quietly behind his back. Like hell I was going to date this stuck-up dude. Never.

 

The stuck-up dude pushed the door open and stepped into the cafe still holding my arm tightly enough to prevent me from running and to prevent my hands from getting any circulation. Worse, he didn't hold the door open so I ended up hitting my shoulder against the glass door to let me through.

 

The table we were heading towards already had a boy seated, awkwardly sipping and sliding their drinks around as if he was paranoid about being judged for sitting along at a cafe. "Hey," The stuck-up dude greeted the boy.

 

He was cute too. Neatly combed hair, pale skin, large round eyes which grew even wider when he saw me, dry plump lips. I couldn't quite put a finger on it, but he reminded me of a character that belonged in a cartoon. It wasn't that he was strange looking. It was more of the blank look he was giving me, the smoothness of his skin, the way his mouth opened just slightly and--"Do you want to sit down?"

 

"Huh?" I turned and saw Baekhyun already seated to my left and the other boy pointing at an empty chair between them. Nodding, I quietly took a seat while rubbing the area on my arm Baekhyun had a grip on.

 

"My name is Do Kyungsoo," the boy I was examining earlier held his hand out for a shake. I gladly accepted, happy that someone was finally treating me with some respect. "Are you Baek's girlfriend?" Seeing how he called him "Baek" without Byun Baekhyun giving him a threatening glare, I concluded this Do Kyungsoo was probably a close friend.

 

"My repellant." Byun Baekhyun corrected, not even looking at me who was confused by his word choice. "Where's Sohee?"

 

Do Kyungsoo looked around to call for a waitor as he replied, "She's in the restroom." A tall handsome waitor approached our table. "What do you want to drink?" Kyungsoo asked me.

 

I hesitated, being asked all too suddenly.

 

"Get her something cheap like Americano." Came Byun Baekhyun's comment.

 

I decided to get something expensive. "Green Tea Latte, please." I ended up ordering from Do Kyungsoo instead of the waitor.

 

"Green Tea Latte for the lady... and Americano for that guy." Rushing him away with the order, the pale boy turned back towards us. I was liking him more and more.

 

Baekhyun folded his arms across his chest and leaned back into the cafe chair. "Hey, I wanted Sweet Potato Latte."

 

I grimaced. 'What kind of hell drink is that?'

 

The two boys peered at me in disbelief. Oh no. Did I say that outloud? Do Kyungsoo stared with his eyes ready to pop out of their sockets, and Byun Baekhyun narrowed his eyes in irritation.

 

I did.

 

Byun Baekhyun suddenly got up out of his seat and reached over for me, causing me to flinch. I closed my eyes, expecting some sort of pain, but instead felt him caress the side of my face and push a misbehaving strand of hair behind my ear.

 

"Baek..." I opened my eyes and turned around. A girl around my age stood frozen several steps away from me.

 

Byun Baekhyun acknowledged the girl with a nonchalant nod, and the girl awkwardly waved in his direction before sitting in the empty chair across from me between the two boys. She quickly scanned me up and down as if she was examining me, and then, her hand came forward for a handshake. "My name is Ahn Sohee."

 

To be polite, I was planning on accepting her greeting when Baekhyun--the Byun Baekhyun--gently placed his hand on top of mine as I lifted it up out of my lap. Bewildered, I gave him a peculiar look. What was he doing? Earlier, it was if he couldn't get enough of chewing me down. Was this a change of tactics to torture me another way?

 

"This is my girlfriend, Kim Taeyeon." He introduced me to the girl named Sohee whose eyebrows started furrowing in frustration. With a unnoticeable fake cough that only I could catch, he tightly squeezed my hand a couple of times as if signally me of something...

 

Oh, oh, I got it! That girl was probably the girl he wanted to get rid of, so he asked me for help. Alright, to get him to leave me alone in the future, I just had to do this job right. I flipped my hand over and squeezed it back to let him know I understood.

 


 

Truthfully, this is a new style of "rant" writing I am trying out, so I have near to no confidence right now. It would be nice if I got some feedback on how my story sounds. Thanks!