CHAPTER 2: STEP 1: FRIENDS FOREVER?

WHEN "THE HAPPY VIRUS" FALLS IN LOVE

 

“I think I want to back out.” The taller boy said to smaller one. “Don’t be such a , Yeol. I know you can do this. I’m 201 percent sure that this will work.” The small boy pats his shoulder. “And if I can’t? And what if this wouldn’t work out?” ChanYeol asked him again. “Then say good bye to Ali.” BaekHyun smirked.

 

BaekHyun’s POV

 

Hi! I’m Byun BaekHyun. The boy blessed by God with good looks and angelic voice but lacking height. Scratch that. You all know that Park ChanYeol is my best friend since I don’t know when. All of you also knew that my best friend is head over heels over Ali, so I decided to help him. You know, I don’t want to see him cry or even hurt when he saw her with someone else. I’m such a good best friend am I? A good looking one too. So now, we’re executing my plan. My idea of ChanYeol confessing is so simple. All I need is his cooperation and a good setting.

 

My plan is this; I’ll talk to my classmates to lock ChanYeol and Ali inside a classroom. And that particular moment ChanYeol should confess and state all his feelings towards her.  See, it’s very simple right? It doesn’t take up more than four sentences or even two sentences to explain this to ChanYeol.

 

“So,are you ready for this bro?” I asked him. I can see that his face is getting paler every time second passed. He nodded. “You can do it Yeol.” I pat his shoulder. “You still have 5 minutes to back out or not.” I looked at my wrist watch and it is already time to do the plan. “Oh, no need to decide. Now go!” I pushed him hard, good thing he didn’t landed on the floor face first. Well, good luck Yeollie. I know you can do it. And if not, I’m always here for you.

 

Chanyeol’s POV

 

So the plan was already starting, all I have to do is go to the room where Ali is currently staying. I knew at this time, four thirty there are only few students left at school and she is one those students. I walked to her room, the alley was surrounded with orange light from the sun and the only sound I can hear wasthe echo of my very own footsteps. As I go nearer to her room, I saw Luhan going out with his bag around his shoulders. I guess his leaving already, well good to know. No one will mess up our plan.

 

I took a deep breath, and my steps were getting smaller. Should I back out or not?

 

“Hey.” My deep voice echoed from the empty room. “O-Oh hi! Park ChanYeol-shi what are you doing here? It’s getting late already.” “Uhh. I, want to say somet-.”

 

The door closes immediately and all we can hear was the random shoutings and footsteps running of some students. “Aish!” This is the first time I saw Ali getting irritated, I looked at her with surprised. “Those brats, I must catch them tomorrow.” She scratch the back of her neck. “Oh, what do you want to say?” She looked at me with those innocent eyes of hers. “I-uhh. I  likey-”

 

~CARELESS, CARELESS, SHOOT ANONYMOUS, ANOYMOUS~

She flinched when she heard her phone ring. “Yoboseyo? Oh, Sehun-ah! Yah- Arasso, Arasso. See you later. Bye.”I wonder who’s that Sehun guy, I don’t think it is her boyfriend because I’m sure that her hearts belong  to no one, well except for me. Shut up ChanYeol. I saw her smile a bit and then she looked back at me again. “Oh, what was you’re saying again? I’m sorry. You like what?” She gave me her cutest eye smile and I swear to God that I can die right now at this moment. I looked around, feeling shy all of the sudden. Snap it ChanYeol! You have to do it!

“I said I like yo-”

 

~CARELESS, CARELESS, SHOOT ANONYMOUS, ANOYMOUS~

“Wait a sec.”

 

“Oh Luhan! Hi.” My mood suddenly changes when I heard his name. LUHAN. I mentally hit LuHan’s face, giving him punches and kicks around his face and body. . Oh how I wish I could do that. I wish one day, he’ll stop clinging his self to Ali. Darn you, LuHan. “Oh, yes. I’m talking to ChanYeol, I’m going to hung up.”

 

“What! Don’t talk to that tall creepy man with weird smiles and - toot-toot-toot”

 

“I’m sorry for that again, my best friend is sometimes loud, well not always loud. Continue, You like what again?”  

 

 I took a deep breath, relax ChanYeol. You’ve already made it to this to level. There’s no turning back. “I know it may sound weird.” I started my lines, how I wish my mind won’t get blank.

 

“And… and…” Damn! I forgot my lines! Why my brain why?

 

“And I like you, ever since I first laid my eyes on you during the first day of chemistry classes, you captured my heart, I like the way your eye smile came out when you smile, the way your hair dance gracefully along with the winds. The way you speak, the way you scrunched your face when you find the lesson hard. The way your hands move while you walk, everything. I like everything that you do. But most of all, Ireallyreallyreallylikeyou. I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND.”

 

I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND.

 

I WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND.

 

NO.I WANT TO BE YOUR BOY FRIEND.

 

I decided to look away, but I felt something warm around my cheeks. “That’s very sweet of you ChanYeol, thank you.” She said while she looked at me. She let go of my face, and I already missed her warmth. “I admire your bravery for telling me that you like me. I really appreciate it.”

 

“Oh and sure I want to be your friend.”

 

“You know, I even asked my friends to set up this, the lock incident thing. Which is wrong because I said to you. Just pretend nothing happened. Did I talk too much? Am I uncomfortable to be with? Am I- I’m sorry. I’m nervous. ” I really looked stupid at this moment. I can feel it.  Maybe next time, I’ll try to bring some scotch tape to shut my mouth. I heard her chuckled. Creating a perfect harmony in my ears. “You’re so cute when you’re nervous. Hahahha!” She cover using her hands in order to stop her noise but she can’t. I’m glad I make you smile Ali.  

 

I smiled like an idiot. Thinking that she’s laughing because of me, and when she said that I can be her friend, but suddenly my hands suddenly move on its own I can’t control it. I hold Ali’s face. As I leaned in closer to her, I kissed her

 

 

 

 

…On the cheeks.

 

 

.