CHAPTER 4 : THE BEST FRIEND

WHEN "THE HAPPY VIRUS" FALLS IN LOVE

 

“I told you to not to talk to him Ali! How many times do I have to tell you that stay away from that creep!” LuHan told to his best friend who’s busy sorting her files. “Lu Han, how many times do I have to tell you also that he is not a creep.” Ali tap the files to Lu Han’s head. “Yah!” He rubbed his head and rolled his eyes. “Don’t be friends  with him, Arasso?” He glared at Ali but she just make face. “Aww, my best friend is jealous. Don’t worry Lulu, you’ll be my best friend forever!” Ali opened her arms for a hug but Lu Han just moved away. “I don’t want to be your best friend Ali, I want to be your boyfriend.” He replied in serious tone.

 

“Psh, Shut up Lu Han. Just eat this. Best Friend.”

 

Just what she said, Ali treated Lu Han as her best friend only. No emotions attach. Just a brother to her, but to Lu Han he sees her as a woman, not only her best friend. Every time Lu Han say something cheesy or sweet Ali would just rolled her eyes or pretend that she’s busy or something. Well, what can she do? But Lu Han believed that her feelings towards him might change or level up. People change.

 

“Why do you hate ChanYeol so much? Tell me.” She raised her eyebrows, Lu Han pouted and think of what possible and believable reason for her to believe. “I don’t know, I just hate him.” Well the truth is, Lu Han is jealous because he don’t want any attention Ali gets from the other boys. He self-proclaimed that Ali is his. “Hmmm, he’s not bad. I think.” Lu Han widened his eyes, this is the first time she heard Ali saying those kind of stuff. “Nice? I don’t think so. Have you seen the way he stares at you Ali? It is wayyyyyyyy to scary and creep-”

 

“Hi Ali!” The tall, creepy man showing his pearl white teeth approached them. “Come on let’s go!” Lu Han grabbed his best friend’s arms and rushed again back to their classroom. “Wow! Just wow. What’s wrong?” She looked at Lu Han while panting. “I-uhhh, I forgot to bring my wallet.” He said. “Oh, I thought you saw ChanYeol and backed away.” Bulls eye. “N-no. Why would I?” Lu han stuttered but Ali didn’t mind it. “O, okay. Hurry up. I don’t want to eat while standing!”

 

After lunch, Ali bid good bye first to Lu Han due to some private reasons. So now, he headed his way back to their classroom when someone shorter than him blocked his way. “So where’s your best friend Lu Han?” The shorter boy smirked. “I won’t tell you.” Lu Han moved to the other side but the shorter boy blocked him. “Why don’t you just leave the two alone? My best friend and Ali.” BaekHyun smirked. “As if.” Lu Han smirked and brushed his shoulders to the shorter boy shoulder. He heard BaekHyun cursed, but what can he do. He is the one for Ali not Park ChanYeol.

 

-=Lu Han’s POV=-

 

So my mood just went down, how dare he can say those words to me. I’m going to beat that out of him and make sure he can’t wake up the next morning. Kidding aside, I wouldn’t do it. Ali would be sad. I looked at my watch and I still have fifteen minutes to do nothing. I sighed. I rest my head to my arm chair, face heading to the door, waiting for my princess.

 

I glanced at my clock again, ten more minutes. It feels like hell without her. When will you come back?! I screamed in my mind. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. My eyes widened and I saw Min Ah, face to face with me. “Woah! What are you doing?” I stood up from my seat causing everyone to looked at me. “Oppa! You’re so cute!” She tries to pinch my cheeks but I moved away, thank God for my fast reflex. “Don’t come closer or else..” I pick the nearest thing I could grab. “Or else I’ll draw something in your clothes!” A pencil, what great self-defence.

 

“Aww, the MinHan couple is on action.” The boy near the class board shouted. I walked away since everybody starts to tease me Min Ah. It’s not that I don’t like her. It’s just that, I want Ali more than her. By the way, where is she?

 

I sneaked my head to the classroom door, and on the bright side I saw her walking towards our room. At last after a long hours of waiting she’s finally back. “Ali baby! I’m here.” I waved my hands left and right, I saw her rolling her eyes. I smiled at her. “What did you do? Where did you go?” I asked her. “I talked to someone at the library.” I oohed at her answer, “Hey, let’s hang out later. Would you mind?” I asked her again. “Sure, your treat.” She stuck out her tongue and entered the room. It’s been a while since we hang out. I think I should ask her again like last time, two years ago.

 

-Flashback-

 

“Would you please go on a date with me?” The boy confessed to the girl, causing her to step backward. “Lu Han-ssi. I’m sorry, I don’t want to commit myself to anyone. But you can still be my friend if you like.” Being the hottest and popular in the school, this is the first time being turned down by a girl. Lu Han lowered his head, “S-sure.”

“You’re popular here Lu Han, I’m sure there are many girls fangirling around you. I’m sure there are also pretty girls out there. Don’t waste your time for a simple girl like me.” She said honestly.

“But if you change your mind,  just go out with me. Even for once.” The teen Lu Han pleaded for the last time. “I’m sorry Lu Han. Friends?” She offered her hands, at first Lu Han don’t’ want to accept her offer but at some point his mind tell him to accept it and try his best next time. “Sure.” Lu Han felt defeated but he planted on his mind that someday he will get Ali’s heart

-

 

 

 

And he still hopes that someday, his dreams will come true.