Uncertainty

Masquerade

The first thing Chanyeol did when he walked out of his room was let out a groan. "It is way to early for that." Baekhyun was sitting up on the couch while flipping through the channels while Jongin was stretched out on the couch, his head on the older boy's lap while the other absentmindedly ran his fingers through the younger boy's hair.

"It's already noon," Baekhyun said as he stopped on a channel and placed the remote on the arm rest, "And exactly what is it too early for?" Chanyeol disappeared into the kitchen as Baekhyun brought his legs up on the couch, Jongin patiently waited for the other to get comfortable before making himself comfortable once more. Baekhyun's hand, that stilled at the movement, continued running through Jongin's hair.

"Your sickly sweet behaviour," Chanyeol answered as he returned to the living room with a cup of steaming coffee and sat down on the armrest, "You two should get a room."

Jongin picked his head up from Baekhyun's lap and looked around before looking at Chanyeol, "We are in a room."

"Brat."

"Aren't you visiting Kyungsoo today," Baekhyun asks in order to keep Jongin from saying anything back. "Nope, he's with his family since they're back from Japan for the day."

Baekhyun was going to respond when Jongin jumped up from his lap. "." He gave Baekhyun a kiss and said his goodbyes to Chanyeol before grabbing his things and rushing out the door. Baekhyun blinked a few times before turning to look at Chanyeol and the other just shrugged his shoulders in response to the unasked question. He just pouted as he turned his attention back towards the television.

-

It's been three days since Baekhyun had heard from Jongin, he hadn't even caught sight of the younger boy on the university's campus. He was starting to worry so he picked up his phone and dialed Jongin's number. It was answered on the fourth ring.

"Ah, Jongin..."

"I'm sorry Jongin's a little busy right now," a woman's voice said and Baekhyun couldn't help but to frown, "May I ask who's calling?"

"Ah...nevermind, it's not important." He hung up before she got the chance to respond and he was quick to dial another number. The other side picked up on the third ring. "Are you home alone?" He gave the other a few seconds to respond before saying, "Then I'm coming over."

-

"I want a hug." Baekhyun reached his arms out and Zitao just gave him a questioning look before pulling him into a hug. "You know how we haven't seen or heard from Jongin in a few days?" Baekhyun's question was muffled by Zitao's chest but the other hummed in response, "I called him today and some lady picked up the phone." Baekhyun pulled away from Zitao with a pout on his face as he looked up at the younger, "That doesn't mean he's cheating, right? He loves me, right?"

Zitao isn't really sure how to respond so he pulled the shorter male inside, "Let's watch a movie, it'll make you feel better."

"Can we watch SNSD?"

"Whatever you want," Zitao said as he pulled the other towards the couch.

-

"Where have you been," Chanyeol asked as Baekhyun entered their apartment.

"With Zitao."

"Did you get to talk to Jongin?" Baekhyun had stopped on the way to his room and frowned at Chanyeol's question. He had completely forgotten about Jongin and the woman who answered his phone.

"Some woman picked up...so I stopped trying."

"That could've been his sister."

"It wasn't. I've talked to her on the phone several times, if it was her I would've been able to tell." He made sure to say goodnight to Chanyeol before disappearing into his room and collapsing into his bed.

Chanyeol let out a sigh before grabbing his phone and dialing Jongin's number, his friends were hopeless. The phone was answered on the third ring and it didn't surprise him when he was greeted with a woman's voice. "Hello."

"I need to speak to Jongin."

"He's busy right now."

"I don't care," Chanyeol said cheerfully, "Put him on." He heard her hesitate on the other side of the of the line, as if she was debating about whether she should say something or keep her thoughts to herself. That only lasted for a few minutes.

"Hello." At the sound of Jongin's voice Chanyeol moved from the couch and out onto the balcony, closing the door behind him.

"It has only been a month," Chanyeol said as he leaned on the railing, "And Byunbaek already thinks your distancing yourself because you have a woman on the side. Shouldn't you just tell your parents about him, he still can't believe that you picked him."

"My family still doesn't know about him..."

"So Baekhyun's gonna suffer cause you're scared? Baekhyun's no fun to be around in this state so you need to figure something out." y water bottle at his two best friends, "Your being way to sweet this early in the morning."

It's been a while hasn't it *bows*

I sincerly apologize but as you can see I've been late on updating due to life catching up on me. I've been making a lot of changes so hopefully I'll have more time and more of an inspiration to write so it doesn't take me that long to get out anything new. I hope you understand and accept my apology. Have some of my most recent favorite Baekai gif as a thank you for waiting for so long