Mystery Solved

Masquerade

It’s been a week since the masquerade ball and Chanyeol was starting to regret the fact that he dragged the shorter one with him. The other was obsessing over the mysterious boy at the ball. Don’t get him wrong, he was happy his friend had found someone that caught his interest but the way the other boy was going about it bothered him. “You said his eyes looked familiar right?” Baekhyun nodded as he laid his head on Chanyeol’s lap, “Then that means you already know him.”

“What am I supposed to do?” Baekhyun watched the clouds pass by, “Am I supposed to go around to all of my friends and just stare into their eyes? I’d be crowned as a creeper.”

“I’m not saying that.” Chanyeol pushed Baekhyun off his lap so the other was on the grass as he stood, “Pay more attention to the people around you, maybe you’ll find out then.” Baekhyun flipped over so he was laying on his back, he was going to ask if the taller boy knew who the masked male was but the other was already walking away. He just laid there and pouted as he stared up at the sky.

“You’re going to be late to class if you just lay around like that.” Baekhyun’s view was blocked as Jongin leaned over him, “Kyungsoo might scold you if you skip class.”

“So?” Baekhyun frowned as he looked up at Jongin, “I’m already a university student and Kyungsoo’s a year younger then me. I just wanna sit out here and watch the clouds.” An idea came to his mind as he reached up and grabbed Jongin’s wrist, pulling him down next to him. “You should stay with me.” He kept his fingers wrapped around Jongin’s wrist as the other sat down next to him, “Yeolie abandoned me here for his boyfriend, it’d be nice to have company.”

“So I’m just Chanyeol’s replacement?”

“Of course not,” Baekhyun said as he moved himself over and placed his head on Jongin’s lap, “You’re better then Chanyeol, you’ve never once abandoned me for someone else. That means your better.” Baekhyun smiled up at the other boy before closing his eyes, “Your not allowed to leave. I only slept for two hours last night, can you wake me up in an hour?”

“You want me to just sit here while you sleep?” Jongin looked down at the other with a cocked eyebrow, “That seems a bit boring.”

“You don’t want to?” Baekhyun opened his eyes and looked up at Jongin with a pout. Jongin wanted to look away at that moment, he really did, because he knew if he kept looking at Baekhyun while the older boy was pouting he wouldn’t be able to deny the other boy. Instead of taking his eyes off of Baekhyun he said that it was fine and then smiled like an idiot in the response to the giant smile Baekhyun sent his way. One Baekhyun closed his eyes once more and his breathing evened out Jongin passed the hour watching the other sleep. Not in a creepy way, he was just commiting the boy’s sleeping face to memory and when he woke the older boy up he commited the cute look on his face when he was only half awake.

He woke up the other just in time because Chanyeol was walking over to them after class had ended, a smile on his face. He stopped in front of them and looked between them several times before finally deciding to keep his gaze on Jongin. “So have you told him yet?”

“Told me what?” Baekhyun looked between Jongin and Chanyeol before letting out another yawn. Chanyeol’s smile only grew as he looked at Jongin.

“So you haven’t told him yet?” Chanyeol turned towards Baekhyun, who was still only half awake, “Did you know that Jongin is that-” Chanyeol’s words were cut occasion Jongin shot up from the ground and used his hand to cover the older boy’s mouth, effectively cutting off the rest of his sentence.

“We’ll be back hyung.” Jongin dragged the taller boy away, leaving Baekhyun on the ground to just stare at them in his dazed state. A pout settling on his face without him noticing.

Jongin finally released Chanyeol when he felt comfortable that they were in a secluded enough place that they could just talk freely. Chanyeol leaned on the building as he looked at Jongin, “You should just tell him.”

“I want him to figure it out on his own.” Jongin looked at the other with a frown, “How do you even know?”

“When Baekhyun told me what you whispered in his ear I automatically knew it was you.” Chanyeol laughed at Jongin’s expression, “Don’t be too shocked, I pay more attention then people think I do and I’ve seen the way you look at him when he’s not looking. I’ve seen so many other people give him that same look so I could tell right away.” Chanyeol moved forward and gave Jongin a sympathetic pat on the shoulder, “He’s been my best friend for years but he’s not the brightest crayon in the box, if you don’t tell him he'll never know.” Chanyeol started walking away when Jongin’s question made him stop in his tracks.

“Doesn’t he at least think it’s possible his mystery person is me?”

“In the beginning he thought it might be you but he quickly dropped that assumption.”

“Why?”

“I believe his exact words were ‘he could have anyone he wants, why would he want someone plain like me?’”

“So he thinks he to ugly for me?”

“I think that’s not quite true.” Both boy’s looked to see Luhan and Kyungsoo standing a few feet away, “I know that boy is pretty confident in his looks, I think he thinks he’s not good enough for you.” Kyungsoo nodded as Luhan kept talking, “He sees you as someone who can practically do everything and you have people practically throwing themselves at you while he’s just him, not that bright with only a tight group of friends.”

“I think hes the only one who hasn’t realized your feelings for him,” Kyungsoo said with a small smile, “I’m sure he’d be happy if you tell him.”

“How do you know that?”

Luhan smiled, “A buzzed Baekhyun tells all.”

Chanyeol face-palmed, “You're the reason he came home and was all clingy a couple of days ago.”

“Guilty.”

“Why are you two here?” Luhan and Kyungsoo exchanged glances between each other before the light bulb went off in Luhan’s brain.

“Baekhyun’s pouting in the courtyard and refuses to move. It took Joonmyun a few minutes but he found out that he was left alone there with no explanations so Kyungsoo and I went to search for you two while Joonmyun, Minseok, and Jongdae stayed behind to try to cheer him up.”

“Remember, if you don’t say anything about it he’ll never know.” Chanyeol followed Kyungsoo and Luhan back towards the place they left Baekhyun. After a few minutes Jongin followed after them. When they got back to the spot Baekhyun was on Minseok’s back, receiving a piggy back ride while Jongdae sat on the sidelines and laughed.

“What’s going on?” The three boys turned to look at the four newcomers and once Baekhyun noticed Jongin and Chanyeol he pouted before tighting his grip on Minseok and looking away.

“We found a way to cheer him up a bit….it was working for a little while…”

“I’m going to look for Joonmyun and then head home.” Jongdae was quick to jump up from his spot and run off. Baekhyun hopped off Minseok’s back and went to grab his stuff before a giant hand grabbed his wrist.

“Class is over,” Chanyeol said as Baekhyun turned around to face him, “Let’s head back to the apartment.”

“What were you two talking about?”

“Homework.”

“Liar, neither of you share any classes.” He pulled his arm free from Chanyeol’s grip, “I’m going back with Zitao today.” He said goodbye to his friends before walking away.

“He’ll get over it by tomorrow.” Luhan gave Jongin a sympathetic pat on the shoulder before punching Chanyeol on the arm, “You should’ve thought of a better lie.” Luhan walked away with Minseok, leaving Kyungsoo, Jongin, and Chanyeol behind.

“You’ve never lied to him before,” Kyungsoo said as he sympathetically patted Chanyeol on the arm, “Let him get over the initial shock before going to get him, I’m pretty sure once he’s over it everything will return to normal.” Kyungsoo walked away and Chanyeol turned around to look at Jongin with an uncharacteristic frown on his face.

“I lied for you so you better tell him.” With that Chanyeol walked away to look for his boyfriend so he could get a ride home. Jongin sighed, everything seemed to be his fault in some weird way.

I'm horrible, I'm going to be adding a third part because I think if I try to end it here it'll just turn out all awkward and I don't want that. Oh and I made Chanyeol observant though I'm not sure why...I'm sure another memeber would've been a better choice but I choose the happy virus