Desperate measures

Masquerade

After Jongin had dropped that bombshell of a question Baekhyun panic and escaped without a second thought. He somehow ended up in Yixing's apartment, pacing around the living room as words fell from his mouth at one hundred miles per hour. After about thirty minutes Yixing stood up and put his hands on Baekhyun's shoulders to stop him from having a mental breakdown. Baekhyun looked up at Yixing with confused eyes.

"Isn't this a good thing? You thought he didn't want you but he does, shouldn't you be happy about it and just say yes?"

"That's not the problem here," Baekhyun whined and Yixing's hands fell from Baekhyun's shoulders and rested on his own hips.

"Then what's the problem?" He moved over to the couch and sat down before signaling for Baekhyun to join him, "I honestly don't see one."

"Out of all the people I don't understand why he chose me." Baekhyun dropped his body onto the couch rather ungracefully as his hands came up to cover his face, muffling his next words, "He's such an interesting person and I'm so boring, I don't want to say yes and then get thrown away because I'm too boring." Yixing wasn't really sure what to say to that, so they sat in silence for a few minutes before Baekhyun let his body fall to the side. His head landing on Yixing's lap, "I want to say yes." His voice was barely above a whisper but it seemed to echo around the room, "I really do but he's going to drop me once he knows that there's a better person out there for him...I don't want to be thrown away."

"You haven't even answered him yet," Yixing said quietly as he petted the other boy's hair, "How can you possibly know that if you haven't given him the chance?" Baekhyun didn't answer him, he knew the other boy was right but he still had the fear of Jongin getting tired of him. "You've been friends since childhood, haven't you?" Baekhyun lightly nodded, "If he stayed with you all those years why are you so certain that he'll drop you after becoming something more then friends?"

-

"I don't know what to tell you Jongin," Chanyeol said as he sat on Kyungsoo's couch with the younger boy tucked under his arm as Jongin paced around the living room, "Maybe you should've chased after him."

"He thought it was all a joke," Jongin said for the thousandth time since he barged in on Kyungsoo and Chanyeol, "Do I really seem like I would joke about something like that?" He stopped pacing and looked at the couple on the couch but they never even got the chance to answer before Jongin started pacing again, "Is it really that hard to believe that I want him as my boyfriend? I mean we've been together for years but he's honestly never thought of me as anything more then a friend?"

"Let me stop you right there." Jongin stopped and turned to look at Chanyeol, "Baekhyun's been crushing, like a school girl, on you for years."

"...what?"

"Baekhyun's liked you for years," Chanyeol repeated the words, "You're the only one who didn't know, that's why I told you to tell him."

"Wait...all of you knew and didn't tell me?!" Jongin looked between Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.

"We were kind of betting to see who told their feelings first," Chanyeol said with a giant smile, "And since you cracked first Sehun, Luhan, and Jongdae owe me some money."

"You bet that I'd tell first?!" Jongin knew that wasn't what he was supposed to be focused on but he didn't want to go down the road of Baekhyun feeling the same but still rejecting him.

"Duh," Chanyeol said with the same smile, "Baekhyun's liked you a lot longer then you liked him so I knew you were going to crack way before him, our Jongin gives in too easily to temptation."

Jongin didn't want to say anything to that so he went back to the previous topic of discussion, "If he likes me then why didn't just agree...everything would've been easier if he just said yes."

"Do I look like Baekhyun to you?" Chanyeol asked before Kyungsoo lightly smacked him on the chest.

"Be nice," he said to Chanyeol before he turned to look at Jongin with a small smile, "I think the fastest way to settle this will be for his masked obsession to be revealed."

Jongin's face lit up at Kyungsoo's suggestion, "Chanyeol your boyfriend is so much more helpful then you!" He started to run towards the door, "I'm borrowing your keys!" They both heard the door slam and they both looked at each other.

"Baek's gonna flip to find a masked stranger in the apartment," Chanyeol said as he looked in the direction of the door before looking back at Kyungsoo, "Do you think we should've warned Jongin about Baek's self defense techniques?"

-

Yixing had to practically push Baekhyun into the passenger seat of his car to take him home. "But no one's home," Baekhyun almost whined out as Yixing was driving him back towards his apartment, "Chanyeol's staying at Kyungsoo's, can't I just stay with you?"

"It's too late for that," Yixing said as he pulled into the parking lot in front of Baekhyun's apartment complex, "We're already here."

Baekhyun pouted, "Then you can spend the night, I really don't want to be alone in that apartment anymore."

"I have an appointment early in the morning," Yixing said as he practically pushed Baekhyun out of his car and reached over to close the car door behind Baekhyun, "So it'd be kind of inconvenient for me to stay the night, but if you really don't want to be alone call Jongin." Baekhyun was about to complain about that comment when Yixing was already driving away, so he settled for pouting at the retreating vehicle before turning around and heading up towards his apartment.

Once he unlocked the apartment door and walked in the first thing he noticed was Chanyeol's set of keys on the counter. He cocked his head to the side as he looked around the entry ways. It's way to quiet for Chanyeol to be home. He took a few cautious steps forward. He usually had the television blaring. He pulled his phone from his pocket and dialed Chanyeol's number. When he heard his end of the phone ringing but no ringtone echoed through the apartment his suspicions only deepened.

"Hello."

"If you're not here why are your keys here?"

"Wow not even a hello?"

"Just answer the question Chanyeol."

"I sent you a present," Chanyeol said as Baekhyun heard Kyungsoo's yawn over the line, "The keys were needed for it to enter the apartment so I gave them up."

"What kind of present did you send me?" Baekhyun was highly suspicious of this whole situation, there was something Chanyeol wasn't telling him.

"That'll ruin the whole surprise Baek," Chanyeol said with a laugh, "But I know you'll like it." Chanyeol hung up the phone before the other even had a chance to respond. He pulled the phone away from his ear and frowned down at it before looking up and starting to take cautious steps further into the house.

After a few minutes he entered the living room and the first thing he noticed was that the sliding door to the balcony was open. He remembered closing and locking it before he left so he took more cautious steps in that direction. As he approached the door he noticed a person was leaning against the railing of the balcony with his back towards the door. Baekhyun tried to keep his steps quiet as he inched closer to the unknown human but he wasn't paying attention to where he was going and ended up hitting his knee on the corner of the sofa.

At the noise the stranger's head shot up and turned to look at Baekhyun and his breath caught in his throat as his pain was momentarily forgotten. They stared at each other for a few minutes before Baekhyun found his voice. "You know Chanyeol too?"

The masked man smiled as he moved back inside, making sure to close the door behind him. "I told you that I was always by your side didn't I?" That voice sounded familiar to Baekhyun, "I know all your friends too." Baekhyun had a feeling he already knew the identity of his masked man but he didn't want to say it out-loud, he didn't want to be wrong.

"Do I finally get to learn who stole my first kiss," Baekhyun asked as he stepped forward.

"First kiss." He seemed a little flustered but held his ground as Baekhyun kept moving forward, "I was your first kiss." Baekhyun nodded as he stopped just inches away from the other male. His hands slowly moved up to the back of his head to slowly undo the strings that kept the mask in place.

He let the mask fall to the floor between them and Baekhyun smiled as they stared into each others eyes. He was happy he was right and felt so stupid for not realizing it earlier. He didn't hesitate to bring their lips together in a sweet chaste kiss that only lasted for a few moments. "You already stole two kisses from me," he said as Jongin rested his forehead on Baekhyun's, "So I think it's only fair that I get to steal one."

"Does this mean you'll say yes to being my boyfriend?"

"Yixing kind of drilled it into my head that giving it up before anything even started was stupid," Baekhyun said as he closed his eyes, "And the fact that you were the one I've been looking for this whole time only gives me more of a reason to say yes."

"So it's official?"

"Of course." Jongin captured his lips in a kiss that Baekhyun pulled away from, making the younger of the two pout, "But if you hurt me I'll send Zitao and Minseok after you as revenge."

"Why would I hurt you?" Jongin wrapped his arms around Baekhyun's waist and pulled him so their chests were flushed against each other, "I don't plan on letting you go now that we're finally together."

I still don't want to end this XD omg, I don't know what will become of this but it'll probably become either drama filled with lots of fluff or a bunch of ansty parts before and after lots of fluff.