Unconscious

Masquerade

 

Jongin was almost asleep when the sound of his cell phone shocked him into full consciousness. He lifted his head off his pillow and turned to glare at the phone on the nightstand, hoping that his glare would miraculously make the ringing stop. It didn't.

After a few more rings he decided to reach over and grab the phone from his nightstand. He looked at the caller ID and groaned, what did Wufan want with him at this time of night?

"Hello."

"Come pick up your boyfriend." Jongin frowned at Wufan's words as he sat up in his bed.

"Last time I checked I didn't have one."

"Come pick up Baekhyun," Wufan said with a sigh, "He's clinging onto Zitao in his sleep and won't let go no matter what we try, we have to sleep to you know."

"Call Chanyeol to get him."

"I already did," Wufan told him, "He said you are the main reason Baekhyun didn't go home with him like they usually do, so it's your problem and you should take care of it."

"What kind of logic is that?! Baekhyun lives with Chanyeol, not me." Oh, but he wished that wasn't the case.

"Don't yell at me, just come and get him." Wufan didn't even give Jongin a chance to respond before the sound of the dial-tone traveled over the line. He pulled it away from his ear and glared down at the phone before hitting the end call button.

He reluctantly pulled himself out of bed and went to the front of his apartment to pull on a pair of shoes. He left the apartment with his keys and wallet in hand, not even bothering to change out of his lounge pants and tank. Wufan and Zitao's shared apartment wasn't that far, it was only a couple of minutes on foot. So he was just going to walk there.

When he knocked on the door only a few seconds passed before Wufan answered it and pulled him inside, without even a single word of greeting. He was pulled towards the living room where they found Zitao sitting on the couch with Baekhyun latched onto his arm, the older boy's soft breath indication that he was, in fact, sleeping.

"Take him away," Wufan said before heading into the kitchen.

"Baekhyun, it's time to go home." Zitao shook the other boy but he just shook his head and snuggled further into Zitao's side mumbling something about Chanyeol being mean under his breath. "Chanyeol didn't come to get you," Zitao said in his heavily accented Korean, "Jongin came to get you." Baekhyun shook his head once more.

"I'm staying here." His voice was groggy and Jongin smiled before moving over towards the two on the couch. He kneeled and turned so his back was facing the two.

"Just push him on my back," he told Zitao, "I'll just piggy back him home." Zitao nodded and pried the others fingers off him with a little difficulty before helping to ease Baekhyun onto Jongin's back. Once they were sure Baekhyun was secure on the younger boy's back he stood and said one more goodbye before heading out the door.

He was a few minutes from his apartment when he felt Baekhyun's arms tighten a little bit around his neck and the smaller boy move a bit. He thought the other was just moving in his sleep until Baekhyun spoke. "I don't want to go home." Jongin could practically hear the pout in Baekhyun's voice.

"Then where do you want to go?"

"Back." Came the simple but sleepy answer.

"You can't go back," Jongin explained to the half awake boy, "Wufan and Zitao want to spend sometime alone together."

"Is having a boyfriend nice?"

"I don't know, I haven't had one in a while."

"Oh...that's right..." Baekhyun nuzzled into Jongin's neck and Jongin had to use everything in his power to act like what Baekhyun was doing wasn't affecting him, "Why don't you have one?"

"I have someone I like..."

"Who?"

You. "He's been with me for years but he doesn't seem to notice my feelings."

"Is he stupid?" Baekhyun let out another yawn and Jongin let out a small laugh.

"I don't think he is." Baekhyun nodded and Jongin could feel his soft brown hair against the nape of his neck, only a couple more steps till they reached his apartment door. He felt Baekhyun's soft breaths as he reached his apartment door and he carefully adjusted the boy on his back before pulling his keys out of his pocket and unlocking the door. He used his foot to push the door open before stepping in and using his foot to close it behind him. He made sure to lock it before heading towards his bedroom.

He put Baekhyun down on his bed with a lot of difficulty, he didn't want to wake the older boy up. Once he got the other onto the bed he turned and, as carefully as he could, pulled the blankets over the other boy. He then grabbed his cell phone and headed back out to the living room, dialing Chanyeol's number as he carefully closed the bedroom door behind him. He held the phone up to his ear as he threw himself onto the couch, three rings sounded before it was picked up. "Come get Baekhyun."

"I don't want to, Kyungsoo is over tonight so I leave him in your care." Jongin's jaw fell opened, "Try not to jump him unless he lets you." Jongin was about to say something when he heard a laugh and then nothing on the other side. He pulled the phone from ear and looked down at it with a frown, everyone was hanging up on him today. He threw the phone to the corner of couch before standing up and heading back to his bedroom, he needed to grab and extra blanket and pillow in order to make himself comfortable on the couch.

He made sure to be as quiet as he could when reentering the bedroom but a small sound had him turning to see Baekhyun sitting up in the bed, a pout on his face. They stared at each other for a few seconds before Baekhyun held out his arms in a silent command for Jongin to move closer, and he did. When he reached the bedside Baekhyun grabbed him and pulled him into the bed with him. His whole body tensed up as Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Jongin's waist and pulled the other boy closer. "Your not allowed to leave me alone." The mumbled words made him turned his head to the side to just see a messy mop of brown hair. He felt Baekhyun's breathing even out as he tried to slow down his speeding heart beat. I deserve a medal for not taking advantage of him. He looked up at the ceiling, a god damned medal.

He wasn't really sure when, or even how, he fell asleep that night but he woke up to the feeling of someone curled up against his side. He looked down to see Baekhyun with his arms still around his waist and as slowly as possible he pushed himself up a bit, careful to not knock the arms away. He looked down at the older boy with a small smile on his face. I've never seen his sleeping face this close up before. He let his eyes roam over the peaceful features. Beautiful. He continued to watch the other sleep with content, he didn't even realize the other waking up.

"Is there something on my face?" That groggy but familiar voice spoke up and he saw Baekhyun looking up at him with tired eyes. Cute. He was caught staring, he wanted his bed to open up and swallow him whole.

"You're awake?" He made to move but Baekhyun shook his head as he held on tighter.

"You're not allowed to leave," he said in a sleepy voice, "You're warm." Jongin had to take in a few deep breaths to calm down his racing heartbeat as he felt Baekhyun fall back asleep. I swear...a medal.

Um...I don't really want to end this yet so I'm going to keep going with it till I can't go anymore :) it'll help relieve the Baekai feels that have taken over me lately. Thanks to all my subscribers to this story and I hope you stay with me on my unknown journey x3