Decisions, decisions, decisions

Masquerade

"Are you really not coming home tonight?" Baekhyun was talking to Chanyeol over the phone. They had a vaction from the university so he was hoping to spend at least one day with his best friend, but the other boy had other plans. The vaction started three days ago and Chanyeol hadn't been home once, Baekhyun was feeling more alone then ever.

"This is a rare chance." He could hear the happiness in the other boy's voice and he couldn't help but to frown, "I'm going to stay with Kyungsoo tonight."

"How is that a rare chance?" He pouted even though the taller boy couldn't see him, "You've been with Kyungsoo ever since the vacation started."

"I know but since my parents are out on buisness and can't pop up at random times in the day to check up on me I'm going to be enjoy all the freetime I can with my boyfriend." He heard a soft, 'don't be mean' travel through the phone before Baekhyun found himself speaking to Chanyeol's better half.

"Do you feel lonely?" Baekhyun didn't have to answer that, Kyungsoo already knew the answer, "Do you want me to send him back home?" There was a loud protest that had Baekhyun smiling, it was followed by a indigniant squak and a thud. Idiot...he fell off something again.

"No, it's okay...you can keep him." Baekhyun sighed in his head, "I guess I'll see if Jongin can keep me company."

"Really?" Baekhyun blinked a few times as a frown settled on his lips, why did Kyungsoo sound so happy about that?

"...yeah..."

"Have fun then!" He wasn't hearing things, at the mention of Jongin's name the younger male seemed to be excited about something but before he could ask the other hung up on him. He pulled the phone away and stared down at it before shrugging it off, sometimes Kyungsoo was weird for no reason what-so-ever.

He pocketed the phone as he pushed himself off the couch, he grabbed his keys and his wallet before heading out the door. He jumped in his car and speed off towards Jongin's apartment, sometimes he wondered why he and Chanyeol were the only ones who lived so far away from the others.

Once he reached the apartment he didn't even bother calling the other boy before heading up to his apartment and knocking on the door. He knocked three times and then waited. It only took a few seconds for the door to open revealing a sleepy Jongin on the other side, his hair sticking up in many different directions. He felt his heart skip a beat but ignored it as he smiled sheepishly, "I'm sorry did I wake you." Wait. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and looked at the time, "It's one in the afternoon and your still sleeping?"

"Not still sleeping hyung," Jongin said with a small yawn, "Just taking an afternoon nap." Baekhyun smiled at him before looking around.

"I guess I'll leave then." He turned with a slight pout before he felt a hand wrap around his wrist.

"You don't have to leave. I'm sure you came here for a reason..."

"Not really..." Baekhyun let himself be pulled into Jongin's apartment, "I just didn't want to sit in that empty apartment anymore."

Jongin looked back at Baekhyun at those words, "Where's Chanyeol?"

Baekhyun pouted, "He's been with Kyungsoo since the vacation started..."

"You've been alone for the past three days?!" Baekhyun pouted a bit before nodding, "Is that why you came over?"

"I'm sorry for waking you up," Baekhyun said with a slight frown, "I'll head back so you can go back to sleep." Baekhyun turned to leave but Jongin kept a hold on the others wrist making him turn to look at the taller boy.

"You don't have to leave." Jongin pulled him towards the couch and lightly pushed him down onto it, "I'm already awake so instead of heading back to an empty apartment you can stay here with me...and watch some movies together." The last part was added on as an after thought.

"Okay." Baekhyun said as Jongin moved away to grab all the movies he owned. Baekhyun noted that he had already seen all the movies in Jongin's vast collection but said nothing out loud. He just pointed to one at random that had Jongin cocking his brow.

"I didn't think you were the type to like these kind of movies." Baekhyun looked at the movie on Jongin's hand and laughed just lightly. It was that Dr. Seuss movie with the elephant.

"Why do you even have that movie?" Baekhyun didn't even bother holding back his laughter.

"Don't laugh at me, my niece loves this movie." Jongin said defensively making Baekhyun laugh a little harder, "We watch it together whenever I have to watch her."

"Sure, sure." Baekhyun said as his laughter died down, Jongin got up to put the movie in the DVD player. He made sure to sit on the other end of the the couch when the movie started playing.

Jongin wasn't really sure how, halfway through the movie, his head was laying on Baekhyun's lap as the other gently ran his fingers through Jongin's hair. He wasn't even paying the slightest attention to the movie, his brain more focused on the thin fingers that ran through his hair. A light laugh erupted from Baekhyun and Jongin turned to eye him curiously. "I wonder if this is what they do when their alone together," he mused.

"Who?"

"Joonmyun and Jongdae or Chanyeol and Kyungsoo or even Luhan and Minseok. I wonder if they just curl up together to watch a movie like this. It makes it seem like we're really a couple..." Baekhyun's voice trailed off and Jongin couldn't stop the next words that slipped from his lips.

"Then why don't we?" He wasn't sure what possessed him to say it but it was said and the only reason he regretted it was because Baekhyun's fingers stilled completely.

"Why don't we what?" Jongin heard the uncertainty in Baekhyun's voice, like he comprehend Jongin's words but didn't believe them.

"Become a couple." Baekhyun took his fingers out of Jongin's hair and the other sat up before turning to look at him.

"That's not funny," Baekhyun said as he let out a shaky breath, "Did Jongdae put you up to this? I know he likes playing tricks but don't you think -" Baekhyun was starting to ramble but Jongin cut him off by softly pressing their lips together. It shut him up.

When Jongin pulled away Baekhyun's face was bright red and he looked completely confused. Cute. "Will you be my boyfriend?"