War, Famine, Death: The Others

After Dark

"Well... what are you guys going to do? We can't just sit here forever... that's ing boring. Let's call her back so we could get the out of here."

"Now with her gone, you seem to be back to your talkative self, Jun. Did she manage to scare you less? What was it she whispered in your ear?" Chun felt the mood lighten. And now, he was curious about that secret exchange between Jun and the white-haired girl.

"You saw what she did to everyone in the bar. They're ing confetti now."

"Haha. You called her a 'she.' Looks like she did scare you less." Chun couldn't help pointing it out and teasing.

"Let's be serious for a moment." Jae intervened. "If I'm not mistaken, you can't die, right?"

Jun shook his head. "Nope. Learned that the hard way."

"Me too! Which is so not humane. Wait... so what are you afraid of, Jun? She probably can't kill you."

"You just don't ing understand, that's all... There are things out there worse than death."

Jae understood Jun perfectly. He, himself, had experienced it.

"Is she one of those things? If so... we better find a way to break free and run. Or should we ask for her help and pledge our allegiance?" Chun couldn't decide which one was better... blindly fumble for the answer in the dark or risk being a slave to a white-haired chick.

"She's the only one that broke free. So... what is her secret? What do we know about her? Why her and not us?"

Chun thought over Jae's questions. "I think I remember her saying her name was Conquest... or that she was Conquest... or something like that. Maybe she's a god of some sort so she has cool powers."

"You idiot. She said she was neither human or god."

"Oh. Well... you don't have to be mean about it, Jun."

"Conquest was one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Although he wasn't too great with memorizing useless things such as legends, Jae remembered the gist of the story.

Chun looked from Jae to Jun and then back to Jae again. "One, two, three... oh ... there are four of us. That could be it."

"Conquest, War, Famine, and Death, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse."

"So you're saying we're War, Famine, and Death?"

Chun excitedly cut Jun off. "What are the attributes of Conquest? Like maybe a habit or a symbol or something that separates Conquest from the other three."

"Well, conquest is usually depicted riding a white horse with a bow in hand-"

Now it was Jae's turn to get cut off by Chun. "Wait... a white horse? Do you think that has anything to do with her hair being white? And her white clothes... and her white skin..."

"If we go by hair color then... red horse, black horse, and pale horse... Jun is War with his red hair. You're Famine with your black hair. And I guess, that leaves me with Death."

"With your pale hair? Well... I guess the blondness is kinda pale... Wait, but her hair changed just now so that means your hair could change too? But then that also means Jun's hair could be some other color and so could mine... uhh."

"Just shut up, boy. Hair color isn't important."

"What's important then, Jun? See? You don't know either."

"Maybe what purpose the Four Horsemen serve?"

"Well that... to bring judgment upon the world."

"Okay, so what if all you said is true... what next? How is that going to help us? It's ing useless."

"Eh, you're right... knowing all this doesn't change anything. I don't know what to do."

"Me neither... but being Famine sounds kinda cool."

"Looks like we need that after all."

"Jun, aren't you afraid she'll hear you? You're still scared less, right?"

Jun wanted to pound his face in. Fortunate for Chun, Jun couldn't move his arms.

"Any ideas how to call Conquest here and solve this problem?"

Right after Jae finished his question, Conquest stepped into the circle surrounded by human confetti. "Did I just hear someone call my name? Please tell me you boys are finally ready to make the right decision."