I Can’t Help but to Worry

Miracle

*Sign Language*

‘Text message or typing on Ipad/phone’

“Speaking Out loud”

Your POV

I sit there and listen to everyone talk to me. I don’t bother to even ‘talk’ instead I sit there and listen to them pick on each other. I look up and smile at Gikwang.

While  they talked I played with my pizza as they sat there eating the pizzas I made.

When all the pieces are gone their faces show pouts making you laugh.

“Ahh noona do you have more?”

I shake my head, ‘Aren’t you full?’ They nod their heads, ‘Then why do you want more?

“Cause it was really good. It was the best pizza I have ever had.”

Mina nods, “You should taste her cookies, cakes, muffins, and cupcakes they are even more amazing. This girl can make about anything.”

You give her a look causing her to laugh.

I don’t’ do any of that really anymore since the accident.

Mina looked down and frowned, “I’m sorry I know that Kibum’s death still hurts you but…”

I give her a look that makes her silent, ‘Its not about him. No, it’s because everything’s was my fault.

I storm off to my room shutting the door behind me. I lean up against it as I lock the door. I slide down and stare at my wrist. I have a scar from the accident. Not that I slit my wrist like some may think. For some reason the scar looks a bit like a heart confusing me.

Still I smile and touch it remembering Kibum as he had held onto my wrist as the car ran into us. He had survived a few days until he finally passed. He was in pain for days and there was nothing the doctors could do. He was like a brother to me even though he was older than me and had just dropped out of a band a few years ago. Even then, he found time for me.

I hear my door open and I sigh.

Yes, why would anyone stay here to make sure I’m alright?

I laugh at myself.

I’m such an idiot.

I lean my head against my door but jump up when someone knocks on it.

I ignore it.

They all left why would someone had stayed its not like I plan to open the door.

Myunghee,” Gikwang calls through the door. “You don’t; have to talk to me… Write to me but just listen to what I have to say. Hit the door once if you’ll listen to me.”

I stare at the door lifting up my hand to hit it. I must have stood there like that for a while.

He called out my name again, “You know its alright if you don’t want to listen to me. You should call Mina since she might be worrying about you.”

I lift my hand and hit the door.

“You’ll listen to me.”

I hit the door again and I hear him sigh in relief.

“I’m glad I was worried you wouldn’t like the guys said you probably wouldn’t. Its just after seeing your face twist in pain like that I didn’t want to leave you alone. You don’t; have to open the door or anything just listen to me. Is that alright with you?”

I can picture a somewhat pleading face on his face.

I slowly open my door and step out not looking him in the face.

I just stand there in front of him until he lifts my head up for I can see his face to show a worried, but caring look.

“We worry about you and we hardly know you. Mina had always talked about you that we thought the two of you were related. Junhyung kept telling us you weren’t but we couldn’t help to not believe him.”

I smile slightly at him.

“Do you want to sit somewhere?”

I nod and point to the living room. He nods and pulls me in the room. He pulls me down so I’m sitting right next to him.

“So should I tell you some random story?”

I nod my head and he starts blabbering on about some stupid acts he’s done since he was a kid. I simply sit there and laugh as he tells the jokes.

He keeps looking my way to make sure that I’m smiling making me feel a lot better inside. As he talks and I listen I make my own observations about him not that I would write them down or share them with anyone.

“Are you off in your own dreamland now?” he pouts as he looks at me.

I nod my head as I blush.

He laughs wrapping his arm around me as he hugs me.

My blush darkens but I don’t care since it feels right to be in his arms like this.

A phone starts to ring snapping me out of my fantasy world.

He sighs and reaches for his phone after he answers he leaves the room.

That’s right I’m weird.

Why would he romantically interested in me?

I can’t speak.

All I have going for me is my cooking and dancing not that he knows of the later.

I’m just his friend’s girlfriend’s best friend so why would I truly matter to him.

He comes back into the room as I look up with a blank face, “I have to go back to the dorm. Junhyung is going to pick me up.”

I nod my head and smile up at him, ‘Don’t’ worry about me I’ll be fine.’

He leans over kissing my forehead, “That’s the thing I can't help but to worry about you.”

He leaves my apartment and I sit there on my couch staring at my door surprised by his actions and what he just did.