Awkward Moments

Miracle

*Sign Language*

‘Text message or typing on Ipad/phone’

“Speaking Out loud”

Your POV

It’s been a week since I saw Kikwang not that I cared since I’ve been busy with work. The kids at the school have been acting troubling. In the dance classes, I hear shouts and groans since they never seem to listen to a word anyone has to say.

Again it’s a Sunday so I change into workout clothes and start to make it my usual run to the hospital.

In entering the hospital I see an elderly man having trouble with getting back into his wheelchair and that it seemed far for chaotic today than usual. Still it wasn’t that odd for a weekend. Still I walk over to the elderly man and help him back into his chair.

Smiling he simply thanks me and I nod my head, *Your welcome.*

The man smiles at me as I walk away. I look down at my hand to see the scar from messing my IV up the first month I was in the hospital. I keep looking at my hand until I run into someone.

I feel them grab my shoulder steadying me so that I don’t fall.

In looking up I see Kikwang standing there with a goofy smile on his face.

“Odd thing seeing you here,” he says to me.

I look at him like he’s insane, ‘Yeah even though I told you last week. Pabo.

“Hey I take offense to that.”

I put my hand to my mouth and start laughing, wishing for any kind of sound.

He chuckles and asks me, “Where are you going?”

The children’s wing I teach kids sign language on my days off.’

He looks at me like I’m some kind of hero in his eyes, “That’s really cool. Would you mind if I tagged along? Maybe I should learn sign language to impress fans.”

Standing on my toes I flick him in the head laughing slightly when I see a surprised look on his face.

I run to the children’s wing with Kikwang on my tail. We stop when I see a guy with red hair standing in the entry of the hospital looking ticked.

In spotting Kikwang he starts rambling on and I stand there shocked not sure if I should walk away or just stand here like an idiot.

“Ya, Hyunseung calm down will you,” in hearing Junhyung’s voice I look around until I spot him walking into the hospital with 2 other guys walking with him.

“Tch he’s the idiot chasing after some girl in the middle of public,” Hyunseung tries to defend himself.

Junhyung looks over and sees me looking shocked and confused, “Oh Kikwang you found her. Mina has been looking for you.”

I look at him like he’s an idiot but something about the tone tells me to go along with it.

*Ya, shut up you big buffoon.*

“You know I don’t sign well,” he states in an annoyed tone that’s 100% real.

*Maybe you should take classes instead of just going by what I’ve taught you, pabo.*

His eyebrow moves showing that I’m pushing too many buttons.

I look up to see Junhyung's girlfriend Mina is just standing there looking a little confused until she spots me and runs up giving me a huge hug.

We practically became sisters since we both don’t’ have many friends and Junhyung is hardly home some days so we bonded over our loneliness.

Myunghee, your brother stopped by your apartment a little bit ago and I told him that you were in the hospital and he looked sick to his stomach. You haven't seen him have you?”

I shake my head, *No, I haven’t I haven’t seen him since I woke up from my accident.*

“What the stupid brat,” she starts muttering something that I can’t hear, “he said something about how your father wanted to talk to you about something.”

I look at them and feel a wave of anxiety hit me.

So that you can understand why I’m suddenly scared when my father is mentioned is when he found out that I had no voice he forbid me from seeing anyone from my family. I had my funds that he gave me shut off. It wasn’t that he was kicking me from my family, but he believes that I caused the car accident then faked all of this for the last 4 years of my life.

I roll my eyes, look at her, and pull out my phone to see that I have some text messages from my brother since my number hasn’t changed for 5 years of my life.

*Great I don’t want to speak to my father it’s probably about some stupid business deal and wanting me to be in it cause it’ll make his image far better.*

“I know but,” the guys around us look completely confused and we start laughing well she does I just put my hand to my mouth.

Kikwang looks at me from the corner of my eyes I see that and I see something new in his eyes. Something I haven’t seen since Kibum died.

I shake the thought from my head and pat Mina’s arm, *Sorry I have to go,* I point to the children’s wing and she smiles.

“Good thing for you that’s where we’re heading as well.”

I smile and hook arms with her pulling her away from her boyfriend and his band.

She looks at me and I sign to her, *Did Junhyung really send Gikwang to look for me?*

*No, we told him that we were going to this part of the hospital and he ran off. I think he went looking for you.*

I blush and push her slightly as she laughs at me.

“Gikwang can you make sure that she gets to the west side of this wing for us and just meet up with us,” Mina orders him.

I look at her and if looks could kill she’d be dead.

“Huh why should I do that?”

“Cause all of us have something to do well you have nothing to do. I worry about my friend so can you please just do this for me?”

He sighs and agrees to walk me to the area where I’ve been teaching kids in for the last 3 years.

 

When we reach the room there’s a group of younger little kids running around and one of older kids up to the age of 18 just sitting down on the couch chatting.

When they see Kikwang their eyes start to sparkle, *Is he learning, to?*

One asked and I laugh and look at Kikwang, ‘They’re asking if you’re going to learn with them.’

He looks at the kids and addresses them, “Well do you guys want me to learn with you? I mean I might slow you all down.”

They all nodded their head with a variety of things signed.

They seem like they don’t care so if you want you can take a seat at this table with me as I explain basics to the beginners. Also you should stay seated by me just in case.

He nods his head.

It’s surprising but he listened to me explaining everything to the beginners.

I had pictures and words, I would show them the item, and then I’d sign it. He started to catch on faster than I thought he would but it’s still funny when we started to make fun of him and he didn’t have a single idea of what was happening.

Still I told them to quit it that it wasn’t polite he had just started the lessons and they are to show respect towards him. They agreed and apologized to him. Still when lessons end he’s still sitting silently. His face is kind of adorable with how confused he looks.

“This is so confusing,” he says when all the kids left to their rooms or to meet their parents.

Maybe I can help you sometime. Still it's surprising that you agreed to learn sign language.’