Everything I miss

Miracle

*Sign Language*

‘Text message or typing on Ipad/phone’

Your POV

I lost my voice 4 years ago when I was in a car accident. I don’t know why I could no longer speak but after that everytime I try to speak nothing will come out. So my friends bought me an Ipad with a notepad on it so I can write big enough for them to see what I have to say, but sometimes its hard to get across to them.

I have a check up every few months with my doctor since they want to find out why I can’t speak.

Today in my appointment it’s the same as always they can't’ figure out what’s wrong with me. All they can tell me is the same as always I had become a selective mute if I was willing to see a shrink maybe they can get down to it.

I just sign *No, I’ll be fine.*

They nod and let me go for the day. I sigh when I leave my appointment and make it down to the first floor. I sit down in a seat that’s near the doors and look at my phone wondering if I should message my friends that I’m tired of this, but I don’t I chicken out like I do when I think I might as well die.

I can no longer speak or sing.

I miss reading to my little brother and to the kids at the library every weekend.

I miss singing with the choir and helping teach music classes.

I miss laughing at jokes and telling them.

I miss everything about the life I had to give up 4 years ago.

I sigh and look outside to see that it’s raining and I’d forgotten my umbrella at home. I need to make it to the end of the parking lot to get to my car. I look through my bag and wonder if any of my friends would be willing to come here to give me an umbrella.

I text them and none of them answer. I sigh when I look around outside and see that there’s nothing I can use to cover myself. I hear a guy laughing while talking on his phone I think since I hear no one else.

I look over to see a handsome guy with ash blonde hair that’s curly a bit. From his side profile, he looked handsome.

Almost as if he sensed me looking his way he looked my way and smiled, “Hi, are you waiting for someone?”

*No, I forgot my umbrella,* he looks confused.

“Oh can you not speak?”

I nod my head, *Yes, oh sorry.*

I pull out my Ipad and tap on the notepad, ‘I’m sorry I should have done this. No, I’m not waiting for anyone I forgot my umbrella and don’t know what to do.’

“How about I help you?”

I shake my head, ‘I don’t even know you why should I let you help me?’

He points to himself, “You don’t know who I am?”

I shake my head, ‘Am I supposed to?’

“Yeah, kind of I’m famous.”

I look at him and turn my head to the side, ‘How so? I think I would have noticed you earlier if you were?’

His mouth drops as he looks at me, “Seriously you have no idea who I am?”

I nod my head.

“I’m from a band named Beast you may have heard of us?”

I feel bad since I stopped listening to music that had singing artists since it made me more depressed that wouldn’t be me.

I shake my head, ‘Sorry but I don’t know who this band is. I need to get to my car have a nice day.

“Wait,” he calls out and I stop before I step into the rain.

He hands me an umbrella, “Here you should take this since you can't risk getting anything of yours wet.”

I shake my head and try to hand it back to him but he simply hands it back to me.

“Take it alright,” he turns to enter the building, “If you want to drop by here around noon tomorrow and give it back to me if you want to.”

I nod and smile at him.

He turns to leave but I grab his hand, ‘What’s your name?

“Lee Gi Kwang be sure to remember it.”

I silently laugh at him as I type my name on my Ipad and grab his arm to make sure he sees it.

My name it Kim Myunghee be sure to remember it as well.’