Rules and private wishes

Eyes Open

It was the first day of Fomhar, the lantern festival preparations were happening down in the city, the guardians were forbidden to go as they had to concentrate on their studies, they had gotten the day off classes anyway though, Suho thought it didn’t make sense.

 The twelve of them had decided to have a festival of their own making their own lanterns and having a picnic on the far side of the temple where the wild strawberries grew, it was over a swing bridge as the river was too dangerous to just cross through it.

Suho and Kris were in the kitchen packing food for everyone to eat while everyone else was in the dining room making their own lanterns to set free tonight, the monks had gone home to see their families, it was just them in the temple it felt lonely.

Is this what it will feel like when everyone’s dead? Will we watch as our friends are born and as they die? What did it matter? They had no friends anyway, only each other Suho thought bitterly.

“So should I take the dark chocolate and raspberry brownie or the blueberry custard tarts?”

“Kris, does it matter? They both taste good”

“It matter’s when you have ten screaming children”

“Ugh okay… Take the brownies, everyone here likes chocolate”

“Okay so that means we have; Xiumin’s pork and chestnut steamed buns, Chen’s honey pastry, Luhan and Sehun’s tapioca drink or what do they call it again? Bubble tea? Ah whatever, Kai’s sugar snap cookies, Kyungsoo’s spaghetti, gods where am I again? I lost count… Um Lay yeah I was up to Lay what did he want again? Vanilla and walnut cake was it? Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s jelly doughnut things, Kai’s apple pie, Tao wanted some moon cakes, I have you’re wild berry Danish and for myself I got also a moon cake actually… And then brownies for everyone, plus we’re going near the strawberry patch anyway and you know how much Chen loves strawberries”

“You’re so good at all of this, I feel hopeless at this, why me?”

“Suho, you’re meant to be the leader, stop trying to burden it on someone else you are meant to be their leader and you will help me god dammit!”

“Why do we even say that anyway?”

“Say what?”

“God... Christianity doesn’t exist anymore as far as the world is concerned it never existed and it is part of the English language which also never existed”

“Why must you put everything into context” Kris rolled his eyes “Just stop thinking for once and let your gut do the talking”

“Stomachs can’t talk”

“And this is exactly what I am talking about Suho, exactly now come on let’s go for all we knew Sehun could of thrown a spaz at Kai by now and I really need to check on Tao”

“That wouldn’t happen with Luhan and Kyungsoo there”

“Wanna bet?”

“No…”

----

They had started the trek at two it was now four and they had reached the swing bridge, Luhan noticed that Sehun was getting nervous.

“Sehunnie? Are you okay?”

“I’m okay” Sehun stuttered but Luhan didn’t miss the youngers watery eyes

“Come on Sehunnie tell your Hyung what’s wrong”

“I c-c-can’t, I don’t want to go over the bridge”

“Why not?”

“Because I’m scared Hyung, I can’t do it!”

“Sehunnie listen to me, you can do it”

“But I can’t!”

“Just take my hand; it’s going to be okay”

“What if it falls?”

“Then Kris will help us okay? Or I will, Sehunnie there isn’t anything to be scared about you’re immortal, you can’t die”

“But I can feel pain Hyung!”

“Your body would heal so quickly you would only feel pain for a second”

“Hyung I still can’t do it, I’m too scared!”

Luhan knelt down and took the younger’s hands into his own.

“Sehun, trust me you’ll be okay, do you trust Luhan?”

Sehun nodded “I trust you”

“Then take my hand” Luhan held his hand out a warm soft smile on his face, anyone else and Sehun would have probably started a screaming match but it was Luhan so he tentatively took it Luhan heard a shout, it was from Kris

“Luhan! We’ll meet you there okay? Kai is getting restless, really restless!”

“Okay! See you soon!” Luhan waved to the tall figure from across the bridge as the rest of the group start walking again he turned back to Sehun who was crying.

“Sehunnie! Don’t cry! It’s only a bridge! It can’t hurt you!”

“Luhannie, promise me it won’t fall down”

“I promise it won’t fall down”

“I trust you”

Luhan lead the seven year old boy to the start of the bridge Sehun had his eyes clenched such and his fingernails were leaving marks on Luhan’s palm, he began to walk across the bridge Sehun whimpering every time the bridge creaked and swayed, and eventually they slowly made it to the other side of the bridge.

“Sehunnie! We made it!”

Sehun opened his eyes one by one and then beamed at Luhan, for a seven year old he was extremely intelligent in face all the guardians had extremely high intelligence.

“We did it! Luhannie! We did it! Thank you!” Sehun hugged his twelve year old Hyung tightly as Luhan’s body made little vibrations as the older laughed.

“That’s okay Sehunnie, now come on the others will be waiting for us”

----

It was six now and the sky was starting to get dark, Chen had dragged Xiumin into the strawberry fields so he could go eat some, Suho and Lay went with them to supervise.

Suho just watched as the two interacted, he remembered the conversation he had with Luhan, he could tell the future, everyone’s future but his own he couldn’t do it at will though there had to be a trigger, Suho remembers the time Luhan walked into Xiumin’s room and found him and Chen snuggled in the bed taking a nap together Luhan had one of his moments Suho found him on the floor of Xiumin’s room.

Once he was revived and settled on the couch with a massive mug of hot chocolate Luhan explained to Suho what he had seen.

“It was so… Weird”

“What was?”

“Xiumin and Chen”

“What about them though, I didn’t see anything wrong with it, they were napping”

“Well I saw future them!”

“And…?”

“They you know!”

“No, Luhan please explain”

“…Really Suho” Luhan sighed why must Suho drag it out of him like this

“Yes now go on, listen to your leader”

“Well not technically since Kris is my leader but you’re like second leader so yeah… Anyway they were you know like… Lovers?”

“Leeteuk told me all guardians… Pair up with each other… Combinations from last generation will be different to our generation… Anyway Frost and Lightning…  That’s a nice pairing I guess”

“You you’re saying, I’m going to fall in love with one of these idiots?”

“You don’t call Sehun Ah an idiot” Suho pointed out

“That’s totally different though! He’s like four years younger than me!”

“Well, you stop aging when you’re eighteen and so will Sehun so age doesn’t really matter when you’re immortal”

“Well as far as those books in the library state that you’re preceder Leeteuk did not have a pairing”

“Yeah well he and Siwon were an exception to that obviously, this time round I wouldn’t be so sure you know with Kris and Tao being close and Kai being really clingy to Kyungsoo and You and-“

“SEHUN IS LIKE MY BABY, HOW COULD I BE SUCH A E! OH GODS THE MONKS WOULD HATE ME FOREVER”

“Like I said, being immortal is strange”

----

Now Suho watches the two eat strawberries together in the fields laughing and having fun, these are our carefree days who knows what could happen in the coming years, little did they know the horrendous change that was about to be inflicted upon them in the years to come.

“Minnie! Come here! I found a butterfly!”

Suho watched as Xiumin ran off to the younger boy his eyes shining with delight, even Suho could feel their special bond that was obviously growing stronger by the day.

Lay noticed his leader’s expression as they watched over them

“Hyung? Why are you looking at them like that?”

“Can’t you feel it?”

“Well… I feel something but what is it?” Lay asked he had been feeling all tingly whenever he looked at the two boys it was something Lay had never come in contact with before, Suho looked up and smiled kindly.

“It’s love”

“Chen and Xiumin? Love?”

“Yes, it’ll show soon, anyway come on now we have to set the lanterns off at the same time as the city right? Let’s go, grab those two will you” Suho patted the youngers shoulder before disappearing into the forest and back to where Baekhyun was illuminating the night with his bright luminescent light that came off his body and Chanyeol’s soft orange glow to compliment it, Suho actually thought it was funny that those two glowed in the dark and had to share a room, it was hilarious actually, Leeteuk told Suho that they would learn to control it when they reach full grown age.

“C’mon guys, enough strawberries yeah? We need to send our lanterns up to pray for good harvest this season” Lay nodded in the direction of Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s glow, the two boys jumped up and raced ahead of Lay to get back to their lanterns and Lay could feel the warmth radiating between the two boys, innocent, untainted and sweet like strawberries.

----

“So guys what did you wish for on your lanterns?” Suho asked as they were all preparing to light their lanterns and send them up to the tree of life.

“I wished for good harvest and more strawberries” Chen giggled hand in Xiumin’s

“I wished for more cookies! The hazelnut ones, and for good harvest!” Tao sang

“I wish to share a room with Kyungsoo, and good harvest”

“So typical Kai, I wished for good harvest and a good season to the mortals” Baekhyun said

“Baek… We are mortals… That live forever” Chanyeol said confusedly

“Yeah… Hence the name immortal

“Oh… Well anyway… I wish for a good harvest and for a good season to everyone including us!”

“I wish for good harvest and that the monks will let me bake in the kitchen!” Kyungsoo shouted

“Sehunnie and I wished for the same thing! We wish for a good harvest for everyone and peace for our country!”

“Well Luhan… Peace doesn’t really describe the country at the moment but I wish that everyone has good crops this year and that unicorns will finally pay me a visit”

“Lay… Unicorns are a mythical creature of the old world so now technically their like mythical, mythical, I wish that everyone can make a profit out of their farming efforts and that there will be more steamed buns!”

“Okay that’s great everyone! I wish for a good harvest and that everyone is well fed! Kris what did you wish for?” Suho gave the candle to Kris to light his lantern and send it up into the sky

“I wish that there is a good harvest for farmers and happiness for the city and us”

“Right now that that’s over… Can we eat now?” Kai asked eyeing the basket of food hungrily as both Kris and Suho rolled their eyes.

“Sure go ahead” Kris waved a hand

“AWESOME! Hey Chanyeol! Can you heat up my pie for me? PLEEEASE?”

“Ummm…”

“Thanks hyung!”

A/N

So far only Leeteuk has made an appearance from suju mainly coz this is in Suho’s POV but others will come in soon!!!!!! And yeah! Fomhar is this AU’s version of autumn the year is split into quarters instead of months so I guess it’s like the third quarter of the year? September October November

Sorry for confusing you and thank you for reading!!!! ^^