Fireflies, they burn so bright

Eyes Open

 

Fireflies, they burn so bright
 
"Byun Baek" Chanyeol cooed into Baekhyun's ear waking him "Can I sleep with you?" 
 
Baekhyun groggily opened his eyes to see Chanyeol's warm glow, orange radiating in the dark. He wordlessly moved over making room for Chanyeol is his too small bed, theory books everywhere from studying. 
 
"You study too much" Chanyeol sighed hugging Baekhyun, Baekhyun enjoyed this- often he was freezing at night, which is strange because his element is light. 
 
If it is even an element
 
His glow a harsh white, so different from the inviting warmth of Chanyeol's glow. 
 
"I need to- my power is weak, I need to master it completely before- well you know" 
 
"You're power isn't weak Baekhyun!" Chanyeol whispered pulling the older boy closer "it's the best one" 
 
"I don't see how" Baekhyun muttered grabbing Chanyeol's hand and ignoring the intense butterflies in his tummy- the ones that have been there since he first reached maturity 
 
He never knew why Chanyeol have him those butterflies. 
 
"Baekhyun you're amazing, look out there- the cosmos, that's you, it's all you- you can destroy whole galaxies with the flick of your hand- you can create lasers, and what can I do? I can only do this" Chanyeol demonstrated creating a small flame in his hand 
 
"You could set the world alight" Baekhyun whispered back creating a light show through the many diamonds he had in his room 
 
"We're all destructive" Chanyeol said staring at Baekhyun intently "We just need to learn how to control it" 
 
"It's dangerous- we're dangerous- monsters" 
 
"I couldn't be a monster, monsters can't love, I can love" 
 
"You're in love?" Baekhyun squeaked. He could feel his heart clench painfully, he was suffocating
 
"I've been in love for a while" He admits sheepishly "I'm afraid he won't love me too" 
 
"I'm sure he does" Baekhyun bit his lip to stop the tears threatening to fall 
 
"What if it was you?" Chanyeol whispered quietly into his ear 
 
"That, that would be okay" Baekhyun leaned closer a mere inch between their faces "What if I was in love with you too?" 
 
---- 
 
"Oh my god" Luhan awoke with a start "Chanyeol did it! He actually did it!" 
 
"Luhan what the hell are you talking about? Go back to sleep" Sehun said irritably pulling Luhan closer, snuggling into him. 
 
It made Luhan sad in a way, because Sehun didn't feel the things Luhan felt, someday Sehun wouldn't need him anymore. 
 
And that scared him to know end. The truth was he was terrified of losing Sehun, he was the one who kept him sane, he was the one that made him feel alive. 
 
Not some godly oracle. 
 
He was always a little bit masochistic though. 
 
Like all the tragic one sided love stories he'd watched from the old world. 
 
But there was also the fact that Luhan was a complete and utter moron. 
 
Because Sehun was scared of losing Luhan too. 
 
"Sorry" Luhan whispered Sehun's hair affectionately "but Chanyeol and Baekhyun are in love... Actually everyone's in love- but they're the first" 
 
Sehun groaned "you know it that you can't see me at all in that powerful brain of yours, because you can't tell me if I'm in love or not" 
 
"I can't see myself either Sehun so we're in the same boat" 
 
----
 
Sehun was Luhan's future. 
 
Sehun was the unknown that Luhan wanted to know. 
 
---- 
 
"Wait, so explain how this time thing works again?" Kris asked at the breakfast table, oblivious to Luhan and Tao ripping their hair out in frustration. 
 
"It's a quantum mechanic theory from a old world- they came close to cracking the code, however humans aren't designed to process such information" Luhan said waiting for Tao to continue 
 
"So basically- past, present and future are all streamlined together at once, like- the history of the universe is a great big novel, our futures been laid out for us" 
 
"But it's subject to change?" Kris asked confused 
 
"That's where the multiverse theory comes into play, really I'm impressed with these old humans so close- if only evolution- sorry I'm getting side tracked" Tao shook his head "past, present, future, it's true every decision you make alters the course of history- could be something as minor as choosing between cereal and toast, it doesn't matter the point is that you make the decision and think of all the living beings in the universe and think of them making a decision in that same moment you are that causes many changes in the history of the universe" 
 
"But the thing is" Luhan looked at Kris seriously "The end results are endless think of a library- the history of the universe has a million different possibilities- they all crash down in the end- and the universe starts again" 
 
Which universe are we in? 
What is our ending? 
 
Do we even have an ending?
 
AN 
 
Finally updated XD