Scrolls and relvolutions

Eyes Open

Luhan awoke to someone lightly shaking him, he slowly opened his eyes and looked around the room, he was still in his room, Kyungsoo sleeping soundly in the other bed so who was shaking him then?

“Sehunnie? Is that you?”

“Hyung, I can’t sleep” The now twelve year old Sehun was gently, guardians had weird aging patterns it differs for each person such as Suho and Kris were almost at maturity yet Luhan was still only thirteen, even Sehun had caught up to him by now and he was the same age as Suho stuck inside a thirteen year old body.

“Why?” Luhan blinked before sitting up rubbing his eyes

“I’m learning a new scroll tomorrow, I’m scared”

“Sehunnie, the guardian’s created that scroll so you could learn, I’m sure they are safe, Eunhyuk wouldn’t write something that would harm you”

“Why is it that Eunhyuk can talk to you?”

“No idea… Donghae can talk to you also”

“On the contrary… All of the guardians can talk to whoever they please, Donghae and Eunhyuk are always together and as you two are their descendants you guys just have the strongest bond with them”

“Kyuhyun?”

“Yes I am Cho Kyuhyun first generation, element lightning and electricity” A figure appeared before them he was blue and transparent, but still there he looked kind of like a ghost.

“Would Eunhyuk make a scroll that could potentially kill me?” Sehun squeaked inching closer to Luhan, Kyuhyun laughed

“Well, not intentionally but Eunhyuk was a very skilled guardian I must say, I would take caution… Which scroll are you up to?”

“189th

“Oh… You’re pretty advanced for your age aren’t you” Kyuhyun winked “Okay so say Eunhyuk has a scroll collection of around 600 and the rest you must learn through experience, your only just touching on intermediate level, compared with Luhan here who’s almost completed all 600 of Donghae’s scrolls although telekinesis is a very subjective element, almost impossible to teach… Anyway since your still a beginner Sehun I doubt anything he had put on those useless bits of paper will not harm you”

“Wait… What do you mean useless?” Luhan asked quietly trying not to disturb Kyungsoo from his peaceful slumber he had been working really hard with his element lately in the temple gardens he was always so exhausted

“Well, technically useless; think of them as books, you can’t learn a language solely on books right? You can’t learn the potential power that you and your element possess until you actually have to use it on combat, those mentors are bloody useless after all they teach using the scrolls, they are a guide only and you don’t by any means have to abide by what they say, you must find your own way”

“What is on my next scroll?” Sehun asked arguing with himself firstly why Kyuhyun would even know and secondly whether Kyuhyun would even tell him

“Okay so you’ve done, weather predicting, sensing wind directions, gales, small tornadoes, protecting yourself and motion with wind so now you’ll be easing yourself onto the big stuff now, next for you could be balancing on wind? I know Eunhyuk would have put that in his scroll”

“You’ll be fine Sehunnie” Luhan comforted rubbing the younger’s back gently

“I sense a storm is on the way” Kyuhyun murmured closing his eyes, Luhan read his mind

“What do you mean a revolution?”

“History repeats itself my dear Luhan, now if you excuse me I have important matters to discuss with Leeteuk, and you should be in bed Sehun, way past your bed time” With that Kyuhyun disappeared with a click of his fingers

“Hyung? What was he thinking?”

“I don’t think I want to know Sehunnie, I didn’t really try but he said something about a revolution and past to present, you know how the world destroyed itself, but the guardians gave them a second chance?”

“Kind of… I don’t listen in history class…”

“Well I think it could happen again…”

“I hope not”

“Me too” Luhan kissed Sehun on the forehead before laying down again, Sehun snuggled into the covers with the older boy

Let’s be like this forever, we have all the time in the world

----

Suho awoke to the sun shining into his room, he glanced out the window, they didn’t have curtains in the temple, it wasn’t allowed, outside there were wild roses growing up his window in a dusky pink colour, he could even smell them from his bed, he sighed in happiness before pushing himself out of bed he dressed himself in skinny jeans and a burgundy sweater, he had training today, it was a good thing he couldn’t get wet.

He trudged downstairs at around seven, checking everyone’s rooms as he went, Kris and Tao were awake but other than that everyone else was sleeping soundly, he didn’t miss the fact that there were two bodies in Luhan’s bed. He walked down to the third floor where the kitchen and dining area was located to help with breakfast preparations.

Kris was already in the kitchen dishing out the different breakfasts for all the different guardians a blackboard was in front of them telling the chefs exactly what they wanted for breakfast. Suho always loved the morning conversations he had with Kris, he would show Suho the wonders of the world, teach him to not base things on science and logic because for them, the guardians; logic doesn’t exist, Suho wants to believe in magic, he can see magic come from his own hand, he used to ask himself why until Kris taught him to just accept it, nothing more, nothing less, no explanations needed.

That didn’t stop his curiosity though.

“We aren’t living” Suho said suddenly as he was spreading Sehun’s toast with jam

“What do you mean? We live forever” Kris struggled to not roll his eyes

“No, I mean we’re alive, sure thing, our hearts are beating, our minds are thinking, but we aren’t living, all we do is train and train for what? Who knows, we’re forbidden to go outside the temple grounds, it’s like a prison”

“I didn’t know you were so… discontented with life here”

“I want to see the world Kris, I don’t want to die here, not seeing anything, not going anywhere, no new experiences no wisdom to share”

“Suho, you’re immortal of course you can go do all of that, people cannot keep us here forever, but for now you are young, and you need to learn to control your element well so you don’t pose a danger to the outside world”

“Why are we feared? Aren’t we their role models? They fear us, even the monks, we are truly alone”

“You think too much, god it’s only seven thirty I’m not ready for this conversation I haven’t had my coffee yet”

“Classes start at eight”

Kris hummed in response as he took plates out to the dining room.

“Sehun’s learning a new scroll today” Suho said as he picked a grape from his plate.

“Yeah, he’s a bit frightened though because I saw him sneak into Luhan’s bed last night”

“He sure is attached to Luhan” Suho mused as he waved to Lay who was just making his way down the stairs

“It’s almost like a bond” Kris agreed “However Luhan can’t really look into it because he can’t read his own future”

“Is this about Luhan and Sehun?” Lay asked sleepily as he dug into his bread dipping it into chocolate spread

“Yeah, how he’s so close with Luhan, it’s scary sometimes” Kris waved a hand “Anyway I have to go wake the others up, they won’t do it by themselves”

“Well it’s a mutual bond… And well Xiumin and Chen are the same too”

“I heard Kyuhyun last night” Suho suddenly changed the subject his eyes going wide

“What where? What was he doing here?”

“I don’t know… I think it was from Kyungsoo and Luhan’s room, but he was only talking to Luhan and Sehun… I overheard the word revolution”

“Well… I mean I guess it could happen…”

“How though?”

“Well you know in the old world there was this place called Tibet and another country invaded and destroyed their whole culture pretty much, it could happen to us”

Suho’s eyes went wide “Where do you learn such things?”

“Yesung…”

Suho rolled his eyes “Typical”

We barely know anything of the world today; everything is about the past, what if I want to learn about all the todays and tomorrows? I want to know the todays and tomorrows

When all I get are yesterdays

A/N

Sorrrrrryyyyyyy weird chapter anyway thankyou for reading I know its kinda a fail…. <3

I LOVE YOU GUYS ^^ <3