Wild Hazelnuts and Honey

Eyes Open

The temple was massive way up one the Arduus Mountains on in the North of Sinseonghan, its land spans over fifty kilometres and is five stories high, the building would of taken centuries to make, Suho sat in the library with Kris who was looking up books on flight, he had started to develop his wings when he was nine now they were fully grown white and feathery which never made any sense to Suho as Kris’s sacred animal was a dragon, they were retractable he didn’t really take them out much since he only really needed his wings for long distance flights he could fly perfectly well without them just not as high or far.

“This is so stupid” Suho groaned as he slammed yet another book of water scrolls down on the table.

“What is it?” Kris asked looking up from his book to stare curiously at his fellow guardian

“This is all stupid! Why am I learning how to control my own element off books that aren’t even written by the guardians themselves?”

“You do realise the spirits of the old guardians could probably take over a body or few to make them write all of these, It’s a possibility”

“Well I hope so because otherwise this is a load of crap, why choose water and flight to be the leading elements anyway, wouldn’t fire be a much better element to represent leadership?”

“Have you seen Chanyeol? No way Suho, you’re much better suited to the job”

“I don’t even know what I’m supposed to do though, Leeteuk has talked to me about this once, most of the time he just asks me what cookies taste like or something random”

“Speaking of cookies, I really should go bring Tao some, the cook made some today with hazelnuts and honey”

“Check on Sehun for me please? You know how he gets when Luhan’s training”

“No” Kris held a hand up for Suho to grab on to “You can come with me, I think all this guardian talk is hurting your brain”

“It’s hurting my sense of logic”

“You should have said goodbye to logic before you signed up for this”

“What do you mean signed up for it? I didn’t even get a choice!”

“As did any of us, just put your faith in the monks for once, Leeteuk wouldn’t have put us in the wrong hands”

“It’s a bit hard when my faith in Leeteuk isn’t top notch either”

“Look just have faith in this” Kris tapped Suho’s crystal that was hanging off his neck on a leather cord “Don’t forget your duties” Kris reminded him as they walked into the kitchen and Kris reached into the massive store room to find a box of cookies, the monks didn’t allow them to eat any food that wasn’t made within the temple grounds.

“I don’t even know my duties” Suho grumbled but a little too low for Kris to hear all he wanted to know is why they were even needed the world was fine and it seemed this place was just to keep them locked up from the worlds view.

When they got to the third floor, which was their sleeping quarters they could already here yelling, screaming and crying.

“Oh no…” Suho sighed, Kai and Sehun were in another fight the twelve year old rushed in before Sehun caused a miniature tornado they were seven already for the love of god, who Suho now knew didn’t exist because the Roman empire was never around to have Jesus born.

“Oh Sehun, calm down! Kai is just winding you up okay don’t listen to him look go and play with Tao” Suho ushered Sehun into the next room where Kris was feeding Tao cookies and then turned to face Kai “Kai, how many times do I have to say it! Stop teasing Sehun! And save everyone a whole lot of grief”

“When can I share a room with Kyungsoo?”

“When you’re old enough”

“When!”

“Look I don’t know I’ll ask the monks sometime for you to get changed room okay? And then Luhan can share a room with Sehun, but only if you behave!”

“Does this mean I can’t bring caterpillars inside to freak Chen out?”

“No you can’t do that, you know how Chen’s scared of anything long and slimy!”

“Aw… Well as long as I can share a room with Kyungsoo, I will stop being mean to Sehun and I will stop scaring Chen with long and slimy things”

 “Let’s settle for not scaring Chen at all, Duizhang will get angry at you if you do scare him”

“Fine, fine, I’ll stop scaring Chen, but now what am supposed to do to entertain myself!”

“Go to the library and read a book on teleportation, you will be assigned a mentor next week so you better study”

“How is a mentor supposed to teach me anything, they don’t even possess any actual power”

Suho sighed “I don’t even know, they just tell you what to do anyway come into Tao’s room now okay? Duizhang has some cookies for you”

“YAY! COOKIES!” 

A/N

First chapter= FAIL

Thanks for subbing!!

I know it -.-