Delicate Flower

тнê cenтeяρiêce ♛ C L O S E D

Delicate Flower 

............. .......................... .......................... .........

 

Pairing: Tao/Kyungsoo/Kris

Word Count: 904

Dedicated to: Everyone & anyone who's reading this :)

 

A sneak peak of my upcoming chaptered series of MAMA! AU. Read the author's note at the bottom.

 

Myspace Page Dividers

 

“Keep your eyes on your opponent.”

 

The drops of perspiration rolled down from the side of his forehead, down to his cheeks and off his jaw, finally falling onto the ground. His usual rounded orbs narrowed in concentration, gaze roaming every nook and crook of the battle field. The silence of the training ground was deafening.

 

“Always keep your guard up.”

 

Flicking his fringe aside, Kyungsoo swallowed and composed himself into a fighting position. He kept telling himself; focus, focus, Do Kyungsoo, focus! It was turning out to be his favourite mantra during his unforgiving training sessions with the merciless Time Controller.

 

“Trust your senses when you attack.”

 

Kyungsoo was undergoing a mental breakdown at the moment. He was so tired, legs and arms trembling like a leaf and his sight was turning blurry; who wouldn’t be when they’d train non-stop for five hours straight? He wasn’t D.O, the Earth Shaker; he was just ordinary human Do Kyungsoo, a boy who has his own limits.

“Prepare yourself, D.O.”

 

 

“Z-Zitao, I can’t.. I’m too tired…”

Kyungsoo narrowly avoided a strong kick from his trainer. A hiss escaped his lips when Tao twisted his body and sent another flying kick to his left side. The air was knocked out of him when Kyungsoo went sailing backwards, sliding on the ground after receiving Tao’s blow.

“No. Her Majesty, MAMA wishes you to go through training. As one of your trainers, I feel that you are..” Tao effortlessly landed on the ground, pose all graceful and skilful, everything that Kyungsoo was not at the moment. “..still lacking.” Tao approached the whimpering Kyungsoo.

 

 

Tao stood next to the fallen male, dark feline eyes calculating. A small guilt grew in his heart but he stomped it just as quickly. The tall Exorian had always wondered why MAMA had picked this petite boy as one of her warriors, much less one of the EXO12. From Tao’s point of view, it seemed that MAMA dotted very much on this doe eyed male.

 

 

Tao made sure his tone was void of any emotions. He had to avert his stare from Kyungsoo’s pleading eyes (because he knew he’d give in if he keeps staring into them). “Avoid or receive. You decide, D.O.”

 

 

The tears were b in his eyes from the prickling sensation throbbing in his head and the painful jab on his stomach. Kyungsoo heaved out a silent sob, a crystal tear rolling off his eye. MAMA, I didn’t choose this path, why? I’m just average Do Kyungsoo!

Hesitation took over and Tao abruptly stopped his last second attack on Kyungsoo upon seeing those wide orbs welling up with his weakness, tears. The tall male had already lifted his leg, Chinese sandal ready to aim a kick at Kyungsoo because he really wanted the male to dodge it. A Huang never hesitates but Zitao just did.

 

 

 

Enough, Tao.”

 

 

 

He could almost laugh in relief hearing the interruption. Kyungsoo sniffled a little, trying to keep his cries at minimum level. The doe eyed male laid limp on the battle grounds, wincing because of the throbbing pain on his left side. He gathered up all that was left of his determination to push himself up (at least) and his pain doubled.

“Stop moving, you fool.” A deep voice lightly chided.

A genuine smile laced Kyungsoo’s features, slightly glad that he was willing to help despite being the most indifferent out of the EXO12 warriors. Kyungsoo’s senses were slowly shutting off automatically due to his weak state. The last thing he could recall was strong hands wrapping around his smaller form, lifting him off the ground easily and placing his head softly into a chest with a rhythmic heartbeat. After that, Kyungsoo welcomed the darkness.

 

 

 

“You were too hard on him, Tao.”

Tao stood stiffly and replied evenly. “He was not good enough. MAMA would never approve of his fighting skills.”

 

 

Standing at almost the same height, Kris levelled a cool stare at his fellow warrior. The disapproval was clearly seen in Kris’s obsidian orbs. “He’s still a beginner.” The blonde drifted his gaze to the resting Kyungsoo in his arms.

Tao didn’t miss the way Kris’s eyes softened. Oddly, he felt conflicted; angry and miserable. Angry at himself because he’d actually ignored D.O.’s plead to stop. Miserable because he wasn’t the one whom is carrying the injured boy right now, instead it was his friend. But there was one emotion Tao refused to acknowledge. Jealousy.

“I’ll bring him to Lay. His injuries are going to get worse if he stays here.” Kris’s glare was evident as he strode away with a fainted Kyungsoo in his arms, holding him preciously like he was a special flower.

 

 

 

Tao watched them go with a heavy heart. His gaze was still glued to the space where Kyungsoo was lying a few moments ago. There were so many questions inside the Time Controller’s head; If Kris had not stepped in would Tao had carried Kyungsoo to the healers? Why did he hesitate? Was it because of Kyungsoo’s tears?

Flashes of Kyungsoo’s teary face invaded Tao’s mind immediately. How was it that he never noticed these things; the way Kyungsoo’s orbs shone brightly as beautiful pearls threatened to fall off, the way Kyungsoo’s rosy petal parted as he in oxygen or the way Kyungsoo seemed to look stunning no matter what he does?

Maybe Kyungsoo is a flower after all.

 

 


[ L a d y ' s  C o r n e r ]

Myspace Page Dividers

 

If you've noticed, the writing style is a little different from my usual stories. Idk, maybe it's because the genre is adventure and fantasy? I guess so. But still my fluffy feels got ahead of me C: URGH, KYUNGTAO FEELS IS COMING NOW. BRB, GONNA GO FIND SOME CUTE FAN ART OF THEM ;AA; Read this for more KyungTao <3

Oh, spoilers :D I've been planning for this story quite a while, drop by to visit my profile if you want a summary of the story. Yes, it's a Kyungsoo-centric story and the pairing might be Kyungsoo/Everyone. If it is, it'd most probably be a one-sided thing. There's definitely ChenMin/XiuHan and KaiSoo/BaekSoo/ChanSoo.

So, should I write this story? Give me your feedback people ~ I really would appreciate that