Chapter 2

Her best friend...

Chapter 2

Two months later

BoA’s POV

Finally, the comeback day has come. I have to be fully prepared for the promotion period this time. It’s gonna be hectic as hell. And I’m so excited that Yunho will join me on my very first performance of Only One. He and I will do the couple dance together, tehee~ though we’re not couple. But I can guarantee that fans will be satisfied by our chemistry and performance!

“Bboa!”, speaking of the devil and here he is, calling me by my nickname.

“What’s up Yundol?”

“Do you remember we have a dance practice today, for your comeback show”, Yunho asked.

“Of course, how can I forget it?”

“But the important thing is...teacher Lee So Man gave me this camera, he said that he wants us to have a short self-cam clip while we are practicing with each other. It’s all for your comeback show”, Yunho said.

“OMG~ he is too nosy. Anyway, let’s start Yunho. I want to go home early cus I have to record all day long tomorrow”

“Okay Bboa!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, the recording has ended. I can’t believe that it lasts until early morning. I don’t know that we have to record 8 hours for the comeback show. I hope it will turn out good and the fans will like it.

By the way, why was Yunho so strange during the couple dance? I remember we just touched our hands and weren’t that close when we practiced. And for a second, I thought that he was going to kiss me. Gosh, he scares the hell out of me. He must have been planning to tease me. That’s stupid guy always likes doing thing on his own.

“BoA!”

“What’s up, oppa”, I asked my manager

“The marketing department told me to choose some of the best dancer among SM groups to be featured in your couple dance”

“What’s that for?”

“For the marketing purpose of course! And plus, they want to have more SM-family interactions on stage. Guess, fan-service after-all”, my manager oppa said.

“Okay, just go with it. So who will be doing the couple dance with me for the upcoming performances of Only One?”, I asked.

“Eunhyuk and Taemin, it won’t be a problem, right?”

“Taemin is great, i like that cute little boy. But for Eunhyuk? I don’t know...we’re still awkward. Anyway, let see this time as a chance for us to become closer. Thanks oppa”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At SM dance practice room

“Hello sunbaenim” Eunhyuk said

“Hi Eunhyuk sshi” I replied smiling to him

Ugrh...this is so awkward with him calling me sunbaenim and i call him “Eunhyuk sshi” though we are the same age.

“Uh...Eunhyuk sshi...don’t you think that we should get less formal and be friend with each other?...uhm...why are you so shy?”, I asked

“No...no...it’s not...it’s just that you have debuted way too long before me...and...and... i’m kind of having the respected feeling for you...that’s why..uh..”, he answered me clumsily.

I laughed at his clumsiness, this guy is cute whenever he’s shy, haha “Don’t you think we should become closer now? Since we will be doing the couple dance for many upcoming Only One performances....How about me calling you Hyukie? Is it okay”, I asked him

“Yeah...of....course sunbaenim”.

“And can you get rid of the “sunbaenim” thingy, im tired of hearing it, hehe”, I said

“Yeah, okay sunbae....I meant, okay BoA”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At Super Junior’s dorm later...

“You guys won’t ever believe it, BoA called me Hyukie today! I was so happy that I felt like screamin’ but then I can not do it in front of BoA, that will ruin my image”, Eunhyuk said to Donghae, Si Won and Lee Teuk during their late-night dinner.

“Since when you have the so-called IMAGE to begin with?”, Si Won joked.

“So, what do you call her? I’m more interested in that, somekind of cheesy nickname for her?” Lee Teuk said sarcastically.

“Just BoA”

“What??? I thought that you got closer to her?” Donghae said

“Yeah, but we are not close to the extend that I can call her by her nickname. I don’t know...it’s just too awkward for me...I...”.

“Awww~ awkward Eunhyuk is awkward Eunhyuk after all”, Lee Teuk cut in

“The way I see it...you definitely have a thing for her, don’t you?”, Donghae asked.

“No way, Donghae!!! I...I...I just have a small crush on her, okay? It’s because i like her music and charismas on stage, no...nothing more”, Eunhyuk stuttered.

 “Look at you! We just teased you and you got all red~hahaha, there is definitely something”, Lee Teuk laughed

“Well, if you really have feeling for her, you definitely get yourself a lof of strong rivals”, Si Won cut in.

“Seriously, I do not have a thing for her, okay? It’s just....it’s just...I admire her, okay?...but is she....that popular among guys?”, Eunhyuk asked

“As much as I know, she surely is, especially in Japan! I heard that many guys asked her out when she was doing her promotion in Japan, mostly the boys from Johnny Entertainment, but she has turned down all of them. But it’s just the past...for now, from what I observed, Yunho is kind of liking her or something. He is so protective about her. And there is time when he even...”

“He even what??????” Eunhyuk cut in with his curiosity.

“Uhmm...come to think of it, why did you ask? You have just said that you don’t have any feeling for her”, Si Won said.

“See? Hyuk ah, just admit it, you like her. Si Won will definitely help you, since he is her close friend after all”, Teuk laughed in a way-too-loud voice.

“Agrhhhhh, I don’t want to know anymore. These stupid dorks always like picking up on me”, Hyuk left the table with his red face.

“Hey, it’s your turn to wash the dishes today”, Siwon’s voice reached him

“I did it yesterday in place of you, stupid, now it’s your turn”, Eunhyuk shouted

----------------------

BoA’s POV

Time really flies...I can’t believe it has been 2 years since my break up with him. I heard that he is doing fine and getting more and more drama projects to do. Two years...not too short but not long enough for me to get him out of my mind. I wonder if he still checks up on me as I do to him. We used to be best friend, then lover, and after that...we are total stranger now. If only...if only...

“Yundol, did you hear anything about Jaejoong? Like...does he has a girlfriend now or something like that...” I asked Yunho...

As usual, we’re  having a drink at a pub of Ginza district every time we have schedule in Japan. Our favorite place, my, Yunho’s and “his”...

“No, I didn’t, Bboa. Actually, he didn’t pick up my phone since THAT happened. We are completely stranger now...as much as he wants it”, Yunho answered

“But words on the street that he is going out with a certain Korean actress. I don’t know her name tho. But why? Why did you ask? You still have feeling for him? Or you still can’t forget him?”

“Yundol, he was my FIRST love after all. And you know what? People can not forget their first love easily”

“Like I care??”, Yunho said sarcastically.

“How about going out with another man? I can introduce you some nice man that can make you forget your so-called first love?”, he joked

“Nah, Yundol, how can you come up with that idea? I will never ever date anyone who I don’t like, just for the sake of forgetting my ex. That is really cruel!”, I told him

Yunho’s POV

Actually BoA-yah, when will you ever realize that I can’t stop my feeling for you as I promised? I’m tired of being the person next to you. Seeing how you were happy when you were with him made me jealous. And now seeing you were hurt by him made me angry. Why can’t I be the one that make you smile instead of him? Why can’t I be the one heal your pain caused by him? Why do we have to be friends like this...

Flashback

4 years ago, at the backstage of  SM Town concert in Seoul

“Bboa yah”

“What is it, Yundol? What is it that we have to be sneaky like this?”, BoA asked me as we were both standing in her fitting room.

“Actually, Bboa...I’m not good with words and you also know that...and I’m not a romantic type of guy that does surprise events for his girlfriend or something...”

“What? What are you talking Yundol? You aren’t making any sense to me”, she cut in.

“Bboa, let me finish...I know that three of us are best friends. And none of us wants to ruin it...But honestly, Bboa, I can’t stop my feeling growing for you. I don’t know why, but everytime I saw you smile, I smiled. Everytime I saw you sad, I was hurt. At first, I thought that it is just friend-feeling I have for you. But gradually, I came to know that i don’t see you as a friend, Bboa. And I want to be more than best friend to you, Bboa...It is to be your lover”, I finished

I guess I made her shocked that she was standing dumbfounded in front of me.

“Yundol ah~”, she broke the silence after 10 minutes of saying nothing.

“This is too sudden...I don’t know what to do, Yundol...But deep down my heart, I know I love you Yundol, really love you...but as a friend only. I...I...I’m sorry but I don’t feel that way towards you...And...to tell you the truth...He...and...I...are...we are going out now...we don’t mean to hide it from you...We suppose to tell you when the concert ends...He just confessed to me the other day...I don’t know Yundol, you and I have been friends...since forever. Even before he came. You are always be there for me, and I always think of you as an protective-older-brother, nothing more...”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone ^^

First of all, I want to thank you guys so much for subscribing and left comments for my story. I really appreciate it.

Secondly, do you enjoy this chapter? Was it good? Leave comment to tell me what you think ^^

Hehe~