Chapter 4

Her best friend...

 

Chapter 4

“Teacher Lee, you called for me?” BoA asked Mr Lee So Man after opening the door to his office.

“Ah BoA, you're here. Actually, I want to ask  your opinion about this, cus I don’t want to force you in this matter”, Mr Lee said.

“What is it, teacher? Is it important?”, BoA asked curiously

“Well, MBC has been asking me for your appearance on their show,  We Got Married. And they also told me that you are interested in the show as well. Is it true?”

“OMG~really? They chose me?”, she laughed. “They came to our concert in Seoul to recruit for the new idol couple. And I just said that I’m fit in the show. Hmm... I do want to be a regular guest on a reality show tho since I haven’t been doing such one before. It may be interesting. But the main point is...I want to be closer to my fans and the viewers. If you ask for my agreement, you have it”, she said with a smile.

She's so freakin' excited and she's gonna tell Yunho about this, definitely! He will be the first one to know, BoA thought.

“Okay, since you don’t oppose to it, I'll tell them then. So be prepared, the recording will start soon”.

“By the way teacher, do you know who will be my virtual husband?”, BoA asked

“Well...they told me to keep it as a secret cus they want to film the natural reaction when you two meet and keep the freshness for the show”, Mr Lee answered.

“Arghhhhhh, okay then, just follow their discipline”, BoA said reluctantly.

BoA left Mr Lee office while guessing and imagining about her virtual husband. As she’s wandering around the SM building, she bumped into someone hardly. As soon as she opened her eyes to see who it was, she was surprised by the presence of a tall man in front of her. It was none other than, Yunho. It has been 2 weeks since they last met at SM town, and he didn’t message her once let alone call her. He’s never acted like this towards her. He is used to calling her at least twice a week and message her every day to ask what’s she up to and wish her a goodnight. But this cold Yunho is making her uncomfortable...or should she say...hurt.

“Hey Yundol, where are...”, she didn’t even have chance to finish her question and he completely ignored her and walked by her. For a moment, her heart felt like it was breaking into pieces. Why does it feel so hurt being ignored by Yunho? She always thought that even if the world goes against her, Yunho will be always by her side. Where is the Yunho that always makes her feel safe, protected, and happy? Has he gone? Was it because the couple dance? And her tears are slowly falling...

Flashback

“Yundol...I don’t think I can keep on doing the couple dance with you tomorrow”, BoA said to Yunho after the ending of first day concert in Tokyo.

“Huh? What are you talking? We’re supposed to to the couple dance for tomorrow as well. Something wrong? Or you don’t want to do it with me?”, Yunho asked and he seemed hurt.

“Nope nope, it’s not like that, Yundol. It’s just because...uh...uh... I can’t say this out loud, you know? But...just see it as a way to entertain the audiences. Give them a chance to see me doing the couple dance with other male singer as well”, she said hesistantly.

“Really Bboa? Are you sure that it is the only reason? The way I see it...you seem to be really weird after our dance or was I not good enough?”, Yunho seemsed to be pissed by her sudden decision.

“No, it’s not Yundol. I just...can’t say it. Why are you not so understanding about this? There is nothing wrong about me and you stop doing the couple dance from now on. You got worked up over nothing, Yundol. Gosh~ this is the smallest thing and you...”, BoA seemed to be pissed off as well.

“Ha, so that’s it. I’m sorry for getting angry with you over the “littlest” thing as you said, Kwon BoA”, the situation is getting worst, he is now calling her by her full name.

“And you will never ever understand how dancing with you means to me. For you, it’s just a minor thing, for me...it...is...Just forget it. I have to go”, Yunho left without saying what he wanted to say.

“This is bad”, BoA thought, “I’ve never seen this angry Yundol before. But why did he have to be angry like that. I did nothing wrong.”

End of flashback

“Sorry Bboa ah. I don’t mean to walk by you saying nothing. I do miss you, from the bottom of my heart. I had to control myself for not calling you or texting you in the past few weeks. And it was really hard. The couple dance is only an excuse for me to get away from you. I’m trying my best to get you out of my heart and my mind. But everytime I see you, I just want to run to you and hug you. This is no good, definitely no good.”, Yunho thought while heading straight to Mr Lee's office leaving BoA dumbfounded.

BoA has been upset and crying all day back home after seeing Yunho at SM building. She tried to think about what happned between her and Yunho during their last talk. What did she do wrong that made him so pissed even until today.The more she thinks, the more she feels hopeless ‘bout it. Should she tell him about what she felt during their couple dance? Will Yunho become normal after knowing the truth? This made her head and heart hurt at the same time. She doesn’t want to think ‘bout it anymore. The feeling of being ignored by Yunho made her sick and never did she realize that she used to his presence, his careress, his protection and now when everything has all gone, she felt like in pain. She continues to cry louder and like that she slowly felt asleep while crying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“OMG unnie~ why are your eyes so swollen? Did you cry? What happened?”, Tiffany exclaimed as soon as she saw BoA stepping into the SM building.

Did she get caught? Oh gosh~ she thought today was Sunday and no one would come to SM building on Sunday! She should have keep the sunglasses on until she reaches the practice room.

“Hi Fany, why are you here? Isn’t it your day-off today?”, BoA asked, trying to avoid her question.

“Nah, I have recording schedule today. It’s an OST for Minho’s drama. But why are you avoding my question? Something wrong unnie? Who did this to you?”,. Tiffany pointed to BoA's eyes and asked worriedly. Tiffany definitely loves and cares for BoA. Everyone knows it. And the way she asked BoA...as if she would eat the person that made BoA likes this alive. It is understandable. Tiffany has been a fan of BoA since she was young, and becoming a singer like BoA was her utmost dream. Because of her bright and outgoing personality, she and BoA quickly got close to each other.

“I’m okay Fany. Just watched too much sad drama last night, and this is the result of lacking of sleep and crying because of the drama.”, BoA answered cautiously.

“Really unnie? Okay, I believe you”, She smiled. “ But unnie, you need to stop watching those melodrama. Use your time to hang out with me instead. And you know what, watching too much drama will make you less realistic about life. Plus, crying too much is not good for your eyes. And also, my mom said that staying up late can cause one to...”

“Okay okay, I know it! You have told me before”, BoA stopped Tiffany before she goes too far. “You sound like my mom, Fany ah”, BoA laughed

“That sounds great, if I am your mom, you have to obey what I say, right?~~~~". Tiffany said in a fake-serious voice. "Joking unnie, hehe! I have to get going now, talk to you later, unnie”, Tiffany said “Oh, and have fun practicing, unnie”, Tiffany exclaimed before disappearing into the hallway.

BoA sighed to herself. She must have been crying herself to sleep yesterday. That explains the swollen puffy eyes she has now. She made up her mind when she woke up this morning. She has to tell Yunho that strange feeling she's having so they can get back to normal. Oh, and she got to tell him she is gonna be on We Got Married as well and the recording will start in two weeks. She planned to tell him yesterday when she met him at the lobby of SM building but everything didn’t go the way she wanted it to be.

“Hey Yundol, can we meet? At our favorite place. Tonight, at 9PM”

BoA texted Yunho but no reply after an hour. She decided to text him another message.

“Hey, stupid Yundol, what are you up too? Reply me~~~ you stupid!”

 Again...another message was sent but there is no sign of replying.

BoA can’t stand it anymore. She has to see him by all means. She doesn’t used to this cold Yunho that made her feel being neglected. She will stop this before it gets any worse.

“Okay, just being arrogant Mr Ignore. Whether you read this message before or even after 9PM at our favorite place, I will wait until you show up. We need to talk...seriously.”

BoA sent her lastl message to Yunho hoping that he would come even without replying her message.