Chapter 6

Her best friend...

 

Chapter 6

Finally, after an hour on bus, BoA has reached Gwang Myung elementary school where she had spent her innocent childhood. At that time, never did she imagine she would become an Asia sta. And today, she was here again, for the meet-up with her on-screen husband. She secretly blamed herself for not coming back until now. She was amazed by the new change of her school. Everything looks so fresh, new, and modern now. 

A wave of memories suddenly rushed back. She smiled and closed her eyes to remember the good old days when she was still an innocent and carefree girl. She was really an active and tomboyish girl at that time and most of her friends were boys from the Taekwondo class. She started learning Taekwondo at the age of 8 cus her parents wanted her to become a healthy and sporty girl. And more than her parents expected, she got kicked out of the class after she pinched a boy in the nose. She smiled thinking about how mischievous she was at that time. She felt a gentle breeze of Autumn slightly hit her cheeks. How she was in love with this kind of weather. Autumn...such a perfect season to fall in love with a guy. But could she fall in love again and find a good guy to lean on?

She was now standing at the school playground and having the need of leaping through time to become a child all over again. However, it's...impossible, she knows.

She wandered around the school and ignored cameras following her. They were doing and their jobs, so was she. 

Finally, she arrived at an oak tree on the hill behind her school. She used to lie under this oak tree, gossip with Yunho about everything and laugh until their stomach hurts. This is their favorite place after school. Now think of it, she and Yunho has been together for way too long and she's glad that it is Yunho who is always by her side all the time.

What’s wrong with her? Thinking about Yunho and feeling nostalgic on her first filming day of We Got Married. She should think about the show and her virtual husband instead. Speaking of which, when was he supposed to show up? Why didn’t the crew give her a hint or something? She was getting impatient already.

 

I wanna make you smile whenever you're sad.

Carry you around when your arthritis is bad.

All I wanna do is grow old with you

BoA heard someone playing guitar and singing behind her. “OMG~ is there any chance that my virtual husband finally shows up”, BoA thought. She was about to turn around to see who it was but a sign board written “Don’t turn around until the song finishes” was raised from a member of the crew. Great, they finally told her what to do now and in such a situation where she wanted to see her husband the most. 

So, she had no choice but stand still and listen to the sweet voice and the melody from the guitar. It's good though, at least she can listen to this whole sweetest thing.

I'll get your medicine when your tummy aches.

Build you a fire if the furnace breaks.

Oh it could be so nice, growing old with you

I'll miss you. Kiss you.

Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you. Feed you.

Even let ya hold the remote control

 

The song continued and the voice sounded oddly familiar. This can’t be from a person she knows, right? The voice is too sweet and the one singing it put too much emotion into the song. For a second, she felt butterflies in her stomach. This can’t be....Okay right, she admited it, she felt really touched, truly touched by the lyric and the voice.

So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink.

Put you to bed if you've had too much to drink.

I could be the man who grows old with you.

I wanna grow old with you

 

As soon as the song finished, she turned around to see who it was. A familiar tall figure standing in front of her. formed the “O” shape naturally and she didn’t forget to use her hand cover it and her eyes opened wide.

Her on-screen husband was none other than Yunho, her childhood friend, her best friend, and now her "virtual" husband...no way. Never did she think about this.

“Hey~~~”, Yunho broke the silence and the awkwardness. “Was it really that shocking to you?”, he gave her a smile and spoke informally even though they are filming for the TV.

“Hello~ Yunho shii. Nice...nice to meet you”, BoA bowed and uttered. BoA was being too formal.

“What? Yunho shii? Uhm...that sounds strange”, Yunho said and seemed to be uncomfortable.

“Since we are now both husband and wife, don’t you think we should be less formal? Plus, we are not strangers to begin with and the people fron the show told us to behave normally like we used to”, Yunho added.

“Yeah...yeah...”, BoA said, still in disbelief. She looked like she hadn’t get her sense back because of what happened in the last 10 minutes.

“Yunho seemed to know the whole thing? That I would be his “virtual” wife. And he pretends like he doesn’t know. From the way he acted, he probably knows cus he wasn’t as shocked as I was”, BoA thought.

“Hey, why so quiet? Do you know that they are filming or you are too happy that I’m now your husband”, Yunho said with a grin,

“What???? Uh..uh...Yunho ah, this is too..." She sighed and continued " I have never imagined this. Is it weird that two people from the same company on We Got Married?”, BoA asked doubtedly. She may think that this was another troll from MBC. She promised herself she wouln’t buy it this time.

“Weird? Nah~ I don’t think so. Maybe they want a change to make it more interesting for the viewers”, Yunho shruged.

“Are you sure you are not trolling me like Key did?”, BoA asked again.

“He did what?”, Yunho asked back and he seemed to have no clue about what BoA was talking.

“Okay, so this was real”, BoA thought and she finally accepted the fact that Yunho is her husband on the show from now on. It’s not like she’s against it or anything. It’s just that...she has never thought of it and she was shocked, that’s all. On another bright note, she somehow was glad that it was Yunho.

“So...we are both husband and wife from now on. What do you think I should call you? No darling, honey, or anything like that, okay?”, BoA warned

“Hey...you are not supposed to talk to your husband that way”, Yunho protested. “But I'm on the same boat as you inthis matter. I always feel gross by my friends who call their girlfriend "honey" or "darling". It is too corny, don't ya think so?", Yunho asked with curiosity. 

"You can't blame them cus they are so in love, unlike us", BoA answered and Yunho seemed hurt by her remark. Yunho probably didn't think so. He was plotting something and wanted a different answer from BoA. From deep down, it can't be denied that he wants more intimate calling from BoA. Something like BoA calling him oppa, 

"Okay we should just go with what we are used to. Bboa and Yundol, is it okay?”

“Can’t agree more, Yundol”, BoA smiled and showed her dimples. And Yunho swears that smile is such a killer, not to mention that she looks so sweet today with this girly kind of outfit. She looks perfectly like an angel...Wait, he doesn't know how an angel look like, but he is sure that the angel can't look more beautiful than BoA.

“You look pretty today, Bboa”, Yunho finally complimented her.

“Urgh...I’m BoA afterall, so I look good in whatever I wear but thanks anyway”, BoA joked

“Did you know about all this? I meant, did you have any idea that I’m gonna be your wife?”, BoA asked with curiosity while sitting under the old oka tree with Yunho. She’s dying to know whether he knew this before her.

“Remember the day we met at SM Town building? I was called to Teacher Lee’s office that day and he told me to go on the show. I also had no clue with whom I’m gonna be paired with. But yesterday, my manager told me that it would be you. So I planned to do a surprise event for you”, Yunho said

“Yah, that was so...not you, surprising events and stuff...” BoA looked at Yunho doubtedly.

“I know I know, but you loved it right? As long as you loved it, I’m relieved”.

“But I don’t know that you can play guitar, Yundol.” BoA said with a little doubt. “Yunho with a guitar? Hellooooooo~ something just isn’t right. It should be Yunho and the dance floor”, she continued.

Yunho laughed “You underestimated me, Bboa. There is nothing that I couldn't do. I can even play piano and violin. It’s just that you don’t know....How sad! We have been best friend since young”, Yunho faked a sigh after finishing his sentence

“Haha, sorry sorry Yundol~ I will be studying more and more about you from now on since we are....husband and wife”, BoA said but she felt so awkward with the husband and wife stuff.

They are now talking like the old days when they were young, under the oak tree. However, the child version of Yunho and BoA at that time have been replaced by the adult version of Yunho and BoA. They have grown up becoming a handsome man and a gorgeous lady.

They are gossiping about their old teachers and friends as if there isn’t any camera around. They seem to lost in their own world. The slight Autumn wind blew BoA’s hair while she was giving Yunho her signature smile because of his story. The scene was so beautiful, and for a moment Yunho didn’t care about what BoA was saying because all his attention was paid into her smile. Yunho cursed at his heart for beating faster for no reason.

Another mission card coming and interrupted their peaceful moment.

Yunho read it out loud “Since you two had met, now take the bus back to Seoul and go to the address below. It is the address of the new apartment for you two”

“OMG!! New home already? So fast! As much as I know, the new couple didn’t have a house this fast”, BoA exclaimed and she seemed to be excited.

“I know right! I think they favor us over other couple, haha. We love you already, MBC. Thank you”, Yunho looked straight into the camera bowed jokingly.

A long day of filming had ended after BoA and Yunho reached their new home and discussed what to buy to decorate their new house. Their next fliming schedule would be next week, and both of them will be going to department store to shop for their new home.

BoA felt like her body broke into pieces when she was back home. She just wanted to fall into her bed and take a long sleep. Filming for We Got Married is as tiresome as for  Kpop Star. She wondered how she is going to survive in the next few months when Kpop Star actualy begins. But she didn't deny that today's filming was really great. She got the chance to come back to her elementary school, and recall the good old memories....Somehow, she felt strange after various events happened today. The feeling was unexplainable. Shocked and happy...everything in between.. But more than that...the "strange" feeling from the couple dance with Yunho came back again...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the late update, everyone~ and thanks for subscribing and commenting on my story.

I really appreciate it ^^

So, you guys must have noticed that I often used random songs in my story. I decided to post the link to those songs from now on, for your better imagination, hehe. The song Yunho sang for BoA in this chapter name "Grow old with you"

Check it here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKs3bybeTO8

Have fun reading and please don't forget to show your love for my fic,

Until next time ^^