Chapter 2: His side

240 Pounds of Love

 

Going back to this cursed place was the last thing I wanted to do, but here I was standing in front of it. School had always been a bad experience for me, I was often called gay and bullied because of my looks and in result of that I ended up resenting this place they call school.

Today was my first day in this new school and I wasn’t looking forward to it, I slowly walked down the hallway looking for the office when a girl slightly bumped into me, she was walking very slowly as if this was her last day on earth, I guess I wasn’t the only person who felt like they were in hell. After the slight accident with the girl I went in the office and got my schedule, then walked to class. The moment I reached the class I could see some people already casting looks at me, I tried ignoring them by casting a look at the back of the class when I noticed the girl who had bumped into me sitting alone with her head down, I slowly walked to the seat near her and sat down¸ to my surprise she didn’t even lift her head as I sat down, she looked like she was depressed and nervous. I took my time and got comfortable in my seat.

After a few moments the bell rang and our teacher came in, I had to admit our teacher was very charming she had a bright smile, she introduced herself and called us up to the board to introduce ourselves, I wasn’t nervous but it seems the girl next to me was, every time the teacher said something she would twitch a little and I could see a bit of sweat on her forehead, I was so into her reactions that I almost didn’t hear the teacher calling me, when I got up I walked up the room and started introducing myself I know the way I introduced myself wasn’t flattening but that was the last thing I was thinking about, I wanted to get my point across I didn’t want to be bullied or made fun of by people I call “friends”  anymore, so it was better if the record straight I didn’t want anyone fake involved in my life, the moment I finished my introduction everyone got silent and kept staring at me as if I said the most offensive thing in the world, I didn’t heed them and walked back to my seat.

The next fifteen minutes it was all about introductions.

“Kim Sarang,” the teacher called out.

I felt the girl next to me jump a little, I guessed she was Sarang.  Sarang got up and walked up the board I could tell she was really nervous as I could see her trembling and stuttering, she started introducing herself when some people snickered, (guess I know who not to befriend this year), she started looking more and more nervous, I could tell something wasn’t right, finally she walked out of the classroom, everyone was surprised even the teacher looked bewildered, after a moment she seemed to come back to her senses and sent someone out for Sarang, we waited for her to come back but she never did, when the bell finally rang I took her stuff and asked the teacher to tell Sarang I took her stuff and will give it back to her when I see her.

I went to second period hoping we would have the same class but we didn’t so I spent my second period waiting for lunch to start, just when it seemed like forever the bell rang for lunch, I went to lunch in a hurry hopping to meet her the moment she entered the room but it seemed like she beat me to it, because the moment I got in the lunch room she was already sitting on a table opening her packed lunch, I ran to her table and sat down next to her.

“Hello my name is Choi Min Ki” I introduced myself.

She looked up and moved her head sideways as if she was wondering if I was really talking to her.

“Yes, I am talking to you,” I answered the question she was probably thinking.

“Nice to meet you,” she said slowly as she lowered her head.

“I got your stuff,” I informed her hoping to spark a conversation.

Surely enough it got her attention as she raised her head but, “thank you,” were the only words she spoke.

“Oh, your lunch looks good, did you make it yourself?”  I asked hoping to keep a conversation.

“Neh,” was the only thing she said cutting the conversation again.

“So your name is Sarang, is it Sarang as in love or something else? What were your parents thinking about when they named you? Do you have any siblings? Do you like school? How old are you?” I chattered hoping she would actually respond to one of my questions.

“Excuse me,” I heard a faint voice, I looked up at Sarang.

“Umh, are you talking to me?” she asked.

“Neh” I answered her.

“Why?” she questioned, I didn't know why she would be surprised that someone was talking to her.

“Because I like you and I think we could get along very well” I answered her truthfully.

She looked like she was about to choke on her food and looked at me surprised.

“R-r-really?” she asked softly as if she didn’t believe me.

 


new chapter lol sorry it took me so long i didnt know how to start this chapter and i had trouble finding the perfrect words, but finally here's the chapter for Ren's side of the story the next chapter would be her side. I hope you enjoy.