Chapter 3: Him?

240 Pounds of Love

 

 

Did I just hear this person right? He said he likes me wow that a first.

 

“R-r-really?” I asked in disbelieve.

 

“Yes really, you remind me of myself” he explained his eyes getting bigger.

 

“And how is that?” I questioned him.

 

“Well… it seems like we both hate school” he answered with confidence.

 

“WAIT! Why are you assuming things for me?” I said a bit too loud.

 

“I am not assuming it’s an observation I mean you ignore people, don’t talk a lot and that look on your face is a dead giveaway it just screams this place is like hell,”

 

How could he read me so well? Even my parents don’t know I hate school and how much I go through. This Choi Min Ki dude is creeping me out I better be careful around him.

 

Throughout lunch Choi Min Ki tried talking to me and stuff but I didn’t feel comfortable answering him so I just kept eating my lunch until the bell rang. The moment it rang I got up and speed walked to class, really it would be nice to have a friend but someone like Choi Min Ki is off limits I could already see he made a few fan girls and I wasn’t willing to risk my life by stepping in that boundary, I have seen the dark side of girls like them who would do anything to make sure no one gets the boy they idolize and go berserk anytime there is someone of the opposite with the boy as if they own him.

*Ring ring ring* The bell rang just as I stepped in class.

“The bell almost caught you there” a male who looked in his late twenties- early thirties laughed.

“Sorry” I mumbled in a really low voice.

“Your name?” the elder man asked.

“Sarang, Kim Sarang” I responded.

“Well Kim Sarang, since almost all the seats are taken sit on the fourth desk in the third row” he pointed to an empty desk. I walked towards the desk he pointed at and sat down.

“Hello everyone I am your Math teacher Mr. Hwang” Man introduced himself.

“This year you guys will be learning calculus, don’t worry this class won’t be hard as long as you listen to the lessons and try your best” He started explaining.

“Since today is the first day of school we would just start by writing a paper introducing ourselves and something interesting about ourselves” he instructed.

I took out a piece of paper and started thinking about what to write, a few minutes later I felt someone tap my shoulders

 “Do you have a pencil?” the person whispered. I looked into my bag and took out a pencil “here” I stretched my arm without turning around, “thanks” the voice whispered back.

After 10 minutes or so I finished writing and put my pencil down.

“Everyone it’s time to read what you wrote out loud” the teacher announced. I froze, my face got hot, and my heart started beating harder than before.

“Kim Sarang why don’t start us off?” he called me first, Why? I don’t know, my name is not even at the top of the list the best he could have done was at least give me time to calm down.

“H-h-hel-l-lo m-my name i-i-s Sa-sa-rang” I tried my best to stay calm, but knowing I was the center of attention didn’t help at all.

“Can you speak a little clearer miss Kim?” the teacher recommended, the moment he said so I felt everything I ate last period come up slowly.

“There is nothing to be afraid of” I heard a faint whisper.

“Not everyone will judge you; the world is not against you”

“Imagine yourself alone and breathe in and out” I heard the whisper again.

I listened to the advice and breathed in slowly and closed my eyes.

“My name is Kim Sarang, I am 15 years old and my favorite thing to do is read.” I said in the loudest voice I ever heard myself speak in front of more than 5 people, I opened my eyes only to realize it was over the student next to me was reading hers, I actually spoke in front of people without throwing up or feeling dizzy, I turned around and gave the person behind me the biggest smile I ever given anyone.

“Thank you very much, you saved me from a major embarrassment” I whispered.

“No problem Sarang like I said you and I could get along very well” I opened my eyes only to see Choi Min Ki’s face.

 


 

School is killing me but i am back and i am going to try my best to update both my stories thank you everyone who stayed subscribed and commented Hope to see more of you (^_^)