Chapter 7: Friend who?

240 Pounds of Love

 

I looked over to Choi Min Ki's side his sudden action had surprised me.

"Who do you think you are talking to that way?" he questioned the girl who was standing over me. The girl's eyes widened and she looked dumbfounded.

"I- I-I” she repeated over and over

"You, You, You what?" he glared at her, "Was that anyway to talk to someone you just met yesterday?"

"No"

"Is your name written on the chair?"

"No."

"Then why are you claiming that it is yours, last time I checked you weren't sitting here yesterday."

"I- I just wanted to sit next to you and my friend."

"Next to me?"

"Yes."

"With whose permission, I don't like you as much as I don't like the little misses sitting in front of me so would you please give us a favor and move away from us as far as you can. Oh and don't forget to bring your little minion with you," he smiled and waved. The girl stomped around and walked away but not before giving me a glare, I knew it was going to end like this, I could smell the trouble the moment I saw the girls in class stare at him yesterday I just dug my own grave, I can now say goodbye to my quiet high school life.

“Good morning class," Ms. Taylor, greeted.

"Good morning Ms. Taylor."

She walked in front of the board and gave us our lesson, today we had to choose our English name, and get accustomed to it by walking around and introducing ourselves in our new names, now the choosing the name part I had no problem with, but the introducing part I had a big problem since I had become quite known in the class for being the girl who ran out of the class during her introduction.

"Sarang what name are you going to choose?" he asked as he handed me the name list.

"I don't know probably something that matches my name, I want to keep it as close to my real name as possible."

"Did you choose your name yet?" I asked curious about what he chose.

"Nope still thinking about it, do you want to recommend any?" he suggested.

I glanced over at the list; I was lost about what to choose until a name caught my attention, "Ren!" I exclaimed.

"Huh?" Choi Min Ki looked at me confused.

"I think the name Ren suits you very well," I commented.

"You do? Why?" he asked.

"I don't know, but for some reason the moment I saw it your face popped into my mind," I explained.

"Ren... Ren... Ren. I like it,” He smiled “I want to choose a name for you."

"What?"

"Earlier when I was looking at the name list I found just the perfect name for you."

"And what exactly is this perfect name?"

"Sarah. It is close to your real name, and 2 syllables just like Sarang," he explained.

"I don't actually mind it as much as I thought I would."

"And what exactly where you expecting?"

"I don't know but I know wasn't something nice like Sarah."

"That hit me hard," he joked touching the area where his heart would be located.

I snickered “Nice try Ren, I know you are just acting."

"Calling me by my first name already? Getting quite daring there."

"It's not your real name, and get used to it because from now in that's what I am calling you."

"You know your personality is really different than what I imagined it to be like."

"And how exactly did you imagine me to be like?" I asked.

"Well you looked shy yesterday, so I thought you would be the quiet type."

"Being shy does not necessarily mean a person is quiet, it's just they don't talk in a big group or have troubles getting used to people," I explained, but the statement he made was stuck in my mind, Why exactly did i feel so comfortable around him? Why did my real personality come out the moment i talked to him? Was it because he was one of the only people who actually talked to me first? Was it because he was so persistent to talk to me? All these questions in mind yet no answer could be found.

"Ok class, time to walk around and introduce yourself in your new name," Ms. Taylor instructed, "Since today is the first time, you can introduce yourself using Korean but after this we will learn how to introduce ourselves in English," she continued.

Ren and I got up and started walking around, we were both going in the same direction until someone started introducing themselves to him, I paid no attention to them and walked around trying to find at least someone who I might feel comfortable talking to. I walked around until I spotted a girl who was in the same spot as she was when we started, since she was alone I decided to take the chance and introduce myself, BIG MISTAKE, the same girl who had been rude to me earlier was walking my way with her other friend, I turned around and started walking away.

"Wait Sarang we have something to say," the girls called out. No matter how much I didn't want to talk to them I still turned around.

"First of all we want to say we are sorry," they started off, " we just want you to know that what we did this morning was completely rude and we hope you would forgive us." they finished off, the way they were acting was completely suspicious I had been going to the same school as these girls for 3 years and they always treated me that same way so why were they apologizing now.

"Alright, I forgive you," I blurted out hopping they would leave me alone, but nope they kept following me as if I had become their best friend or something.

"Um excuse me, why are you following me?" I know I might have sounded a little rude but I just couldn't take their little stalking.

"Will you tell Choi min Ki that we apologized to you?" they questioned. Oh now I saw everything, they were planning to get close to Ren by using me as a stepping stone.

"No, it's none of his business whether you apologized to me or not," they turned around and stared at each other Shocked, almost as if they had expected me to be an easy pushover, I might have been shy and had problems talking with people but that did not mean I was an idiot.

"But still you should put in good words for your new friends," they insisted.

"Since when, were we friends?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Well since... Just uhm a minute ago."

"Accepting an apology doesn't make us buddies."

"Do it for the sake of having known us for 3 years."

"3 years of what? You guys were one of the people I detest-" my sentence was cut when Ren called my name; I turned back to the girls "Never mind," and walked away.

"Were those girls bothering you?" he asked as soon as I reached the area he was located.

"No, it's nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Ren, I am sure," I reassured.

"Everyone, the bell is about to ring in 1 minute, please go back to your seats and get your stuff. Oh and also please bring a notebook to class tomorrow,” Ms. Taylor announced as the bell rang.

“Ren you can go ahead I have to get something before I go to class,” I yelled when I saw him standing at the doorway, he nodded and walked away. I packed up my things and went to the office to get a slip I was walking away when the same girls approached me.

“Stop there Ms. Piggy,” one of the girls barked. I didn’t heed them any attention and walked away hoping they would leave me alone.

“Oh I see you think you are so much better now that you have a friend, don’t you?” one of the girls tugged my hand; I turned around and glared at them. “So you are glaring now?” one of the girls’ slammed their hand next to my head, “We’ll see about that.”

 


 

Finally uploaded (^_^) yay!!!!! As a sorry for making you waiting for so long, here's a long chapter. Thank you everyone who is commenting and those who are subscribed or reading.

image