Chapter 5: Neighbors

240 Pounds of Love

 

I looked up and in front of me was Choi Min Ki, standing there just staring. Since we entered the building I had been hoping we wouldn’t be living next to each other in fact I spent most of my elevator ride hoping it was a joke, I mean what were the chances that we would end up next to each other when there were more than 6 floors in the building each with 20 rooms, at last god wasn’t on my side. I looked up staring back at him not believing my eyes.

“Hey,” he waved at me after a few moments, “So we’re neighbors.”

“Uhm yeah…” I backed away awkwardly.

“This is going to be awesome,” he held my hand, “We can go to school together, do homework together, hang out with each other and a lot more,” he cited with excitement.

I stared at him for a long time. “Choi Min Ki haven’t you realized something?” I asked patiently.

“No. What?”

“Think about how I treated you at school.”

“Oh that I know you don’t mean it,” He laughed it off.

I don’t know whether this guy was too nice for his own good or plain ignorant, I had been ignoring him all day and he didn’t seem fazed at all.

“And what makes you say that?” I raised my eyebrow.

“My instincts, they are always correct and I could tell it was an act” he answered grabbing my hand. He was right it was just an act to get him off my back, no it’s not because I hate him, but because I wasn’t ready to be hated by a bunch of hormonal teenage girls who could be as destructive as a bunch of wild animals put together.

“So, because of your instincts you want to be friends with me?” I smirked.

“That’s one of the reasons,” he looked at me “ Anyways we can do a lot of stuff together now that we live next to each other,” he cheered.

I kept listening until I could no longer take it and burst out laughing; he stopped talking and stared at me in confusion.

“Why are you laughing?” he asked.

“I give up.” I held onto my stomach.

“Give up what?”

“Never mind.”

“Never mind what? I want to know why you are laughing.”

I stopped laughing and looked at him “Nice to meet you my name is Sarang your new neighbor and classmate.” I extended my arm.

His face was filled with confusion, “I already know you.”

“I know but I want a brand new start just the real Sarang and Choi Min Ki.”

“Why?”

“Do you want to be friends or not?” I felt my hands started to get tired.

“Nice to meet you Sarang,” he shook my hand.

“You better protect my life, or I will haunt you as a ghost.” I laughed.

“And why exactly would you need me to protect you?”

“I am risking my life by talking to you.”

“Why would talking to me be risking your life?” he questioned.

“You may or may not know, but you’ve already made a bunch of fan girls just today and those girls may look and act innocent but they are ready to kill anyone that gets too close to their precious oppas.” I explained.

“How would you know that?”

“I went to the same school as most of them last year, and I’ve seen the dark side.”

“Then, have no fear I would be there.” He smiled.

I took my key and started unlocking my door.

“You are already ending our conversation?” he asked with a little disappointment.

“You surely didn’t expect me to stay out here talking to you all day, I have things do Choi Min Ki.” I opened my door and walked in.

“You are a totally different person,” I heard him say.

“Huh?” I poked my head out of my door.

“You don’t act like you do at school, you no longer stutter and your personality is different,” he explained.

I looked at him “I guess you can say I feel a little more comfortable with you.” I smiled and walked back into my apartment closing the door.

 


 

I know this is short after making you wait almost a month but i promise to make the next chapter longer.