Chapter 1: Her Side

240 Pounds of Love

 

 I hate today, it is the first day of school, curse the day that prison like place was made, whoever made school should have jumped in a ditch and died, school is just another place where ignorant people with no life can come to and judge you as if they know you, I’ve had a lot of bad experiences at school and don’t look forward to seeing it again, if it weren’t for my parents I wouldn’t even go to that hell of a place. I walked to the window and looked outside, I saw the beautiful view of the sun rising, the birds singing and the cars rushing by, the scenery was beautiful, but I didn’t feel like going out and enjoying it like everyone else… all I could think about was how everyone would have started judging me due to my size. I turned around and ran to the bathroom.

7:30 am and I finally reached the hell hole, now it’s time for the torture to start.

The moment I stepped in the building I could feel a dozen of stares; I guess I can never escape the looks I receive whenever I am in public, I felt like digging a hole and hiding myself in it, but too bad I couldn’t, I just lowered my head and walked as fast as I could to the office, I got my schedule and quickly walked to my first class English, and took the farthest seat in the back and settled in.

“Good morning students, I am your English teacher Ms. Taylor,” I heard the teacher introduce herself.     I looked up from my seat and saw a black woman, with the brightest smile I’ve ever seen in front of the class, she looked about 5’5 and was wearing really bright clothes, I could tell I would like this teacher the moment I saw her.

“Since today is the first day of school, we will start by introducing ourselves” she announced.

The moment I heard that part I didn’t want to do it, and just when I thought that was bad she added the part that made me wish I didn’t exist.

“I will call your name and you'll walk up in front of the board and introduce yourselves.” Is what she said. Thinking about introducing myself already made me feel like throwing up, now I had to go up in front of the class to say it, I didn’t have a good feeling about this.

“First student is Choi Min Ki,” the teacher announced.

I looked up when I felt someone beside me move; the person stood up and walked up to the board.

“Hello my name is Choi Min Ki,I am 16 years old, and I am very easy to get along with, but I don’t like it when people step on me, so I hope there are no fake people in this class, because that’s the kind I hate the most, thank you.”  The person named Choi Min Ki introduced himself.  And walked back to his seat leaving everyone appalled.                                                                                                                                                                    

The teacher kept calling everyone one by one, every time someone went up they had a cute, fun, or interesting way of introducing themselves, the closer the teacher came to my name the more nervous I got.

“Kim Sarang,” I heard the teacher call out.

My heart stopped and my palms got sweaty, I slowly stood up and walked up the board facing my peers. The moment I opened my eyes I could see some people snickering.

“Hello my m-my name i-i-s Sarang,” I managed to stutter as the room started spinning, every second the spinning got worse, I could no longer take it, I looked at the clock every ticking sound it made gave me more fear, then I felt my legs walk toward the door, and run to the bathroom, I ended up in a stall and throwing up.

After I finished throwing up I stayed in the bathroom, hoping the bell would ring so that I don’t have to go back to that class.

*Ring Ring Ring* I heard the bell and hurried to my second class, once I sat down and got comfortable I realized I left my bag in the English room, I got up and ran to my English room for my bag, only to hear someone took my bag for me. I hope I would get to see my bag again.


first chapter, i decided to make this story a his side her side story every chapter would have a different point of view of both of them, as you guys can see sarang is very shy and insecure, thats how her character is meant to be and i hope you guys will follow me threw the process of her learning to accept herself the way she is.