CHAPTER 9

This Must Be Love

 

So yeah I decided to tell Dae Hyun everything I knew. At first I was confident about it, but as I got to the part about Detective Lee Joon’s plan, his face darkened.

''So yeah,'' I finally reached the end, ''that’s how it works.'' I sat down on my bed and looked up at him, waiting for his response.

''Have long have you known about my accident with Ripper?'' His voice was stern.

I felt uneasy, ''That day I made a promise with you that every second, every hour, every minute of the day...'' I didn't finish it, fear started crawling back in my heart. I wasn't that confident about the plan as I was earlier today.

Dae Hyun sighed, ''You can't run from the Ripper.''

''Dae-''

''You just can't Min.''

I heard a thud and he was on his knees. His shoulders shaking made rush to his side.

''Dae?''

 “If there was a way I would’ve ran a long time ago,” Dae Hyun’s voice shook as I saw tears fall to the floor, “If there was a way I wouldn’t need…”

My heart ached at his tears as I brought him to me. He wrapped his arms around me as he buried his face on the crook of my neck. His tears stained my shirt as I rested my head on his shoulder.

“Do the boys know?” My hands softly brushed his hair, hoping to soothe him.

He coughed, “Ye.”

Tears were clouding my vision and I struggled to keep them from falling.

BE STRONG MIN YOUNG YOUR BUSAN BOY NEEDS YOU. HWAITING~!


I planted a kiss on his cheek and pulled him to me. His breathing calmed but the tears kept flowing.

Eventually we found ourselves sprawled on the floor, facing each other. His eyes were swollen but there was a faint shimmer of emotion in his eyes. He was looking back at me as his hand my cheek.

“I love you, Park Min Young.” He whispered.

My heart fluttered, “I love you too, Jung Dae Hyun.” I sighed and closed my eyes, “We really can’t do anything about-“

“If I’m not dying it’s going to be you,” Dae Hyun cut me off, his voice a bit stern, “even if the plan pushes through someone’s gonna get hurt and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be you.”

My eyes fluttered open and he wasn’t looking at me anymore, my heart ached. I knew the plan was bullet proof, why couldn’t he agree with it.

“What are you thinking about, Dae?” My fingers played with his bangs.

He looked up at me with those sad eyes, “If I hadn’t met you, you wouldn’t need to be in this situation. I didn’t go to that date-“

“I would’ve been by Jae Joong oppa and I wouldn’t have a Jung Dae Hyun to protect me from him.” It was my turn to cut him off.

He signed and looked down, “I just can’t help but think of the possibilities of you not being in this mess right now.”

“Well we wouldn’t know each other,” I told him, “but that’s only until oppa decides to introduce you to me on other days. No matter how hard I think about we’ll eventually run into one another.”

Dae Hyun’s upper lip twitched and soon he broke into a smile, “You’re right,” he looked up at me, “hyung talks about you a lot.”

“What do you mean?”

“Even before, when you three were childhood friends,” Dae Hyun’s hand found mine and he started playing with it, “he’d always come home talking about you. I actually thought he had this big crush on you or something cause he won’t stop, even until high school.”

“Aigoo, that proud bastard. He’s always proud of the littlest things I do.” I smiled.

“I actually saw you before.”

My eyes widened, my heart fluttered, “Jeongmal?”

“Yeah,” Dae Hyun bit his lower lip, “it was when we were kids, but I guess you wouldn’t remember.” He looked down.

“DAE HYUN YOU’RE BLUSHING HAHAHAHA~!” I couldn’t help myself from yelling that out loud.

“YA STOP IT ITS EMBARRASSING~!!!” Dae Hyun hid his face with his hands and laughed.

“Aigoo you cutie.” I pulled him to me and wrapped my arms around him.

“Aish, I don’t want to tell you the story anymore.” Dae Hyun whined as I felt his fingers around my neck.

“Why? What’s up with that story?” My nose and his nose were against each other now, oh yeah that’s how close we are :”>

YOU CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW HARD IT IS FOR ME TO KEEP ALL THESE FEELS IN MY HEAD

“It was the first time I saw you.” He said slowly before looking into my eyes.

Oh , he saw me before? DUHELL IF I SAW HIM IN MY CHILDHOOD I WOULD’VE REMEMBERED ugh stupid brain HOW CAN YOU NOT TELL ME?!?!?

“I was there on that day when you ran into Yun Ho hyung and Kahi noona.”

HE WAS THERE?!?

“Where?!? YOU WERE IN THE PARK?!?”

“YA AISH WOMAN we’re this close YOU DON’T HAVE TO YELL~”

“Mian.” I planted a quick peck on his lips :”> I feel so bold >:)

“Someone’s being bold tonight.” His hand trailed down from my neck to my waist, “Maybe you’re trying to say something?”

Aigoo this ert Jung of mine :”> aigoo…

“Ya, don’t change the topic I wanna know the story!!!”

“Fine,” Dae Hyun sighed, “so you were being bullied by those kids right? Remember seeing a loner kid by the swing?”

“Yeah I remember that kid,” I smile spread across my face, “he was so nice to me, he kept greeting me every time I’d enter the park. He was weird though, he had this mask that covered half his face.”

“Ya what do you mean weird? I HAD A SICKNESS THAT’S WHY I HAD THE MASK!”

My eyes bugged out, “Oh my god, Dae Hyun you were that weirdo boy?!?”

He pouted, “I am not WEIRD!”

Holy this is so crazy, that kid with a mask that I’ve secretly had this little crush on ends up being my boyfriend ten years after @.@ IS THIS FATE?!?

“Anyway,” He cleared his throat, “remember when one of the bullies pushed you making you fall down and cry?”

“Yeah and I thought I was gonna die because of all the blood,” I blinked in shock, “then you came with oppa and noona and that’s how we all met.” I smiled, “Dae Hyun-ah if you weren’t there I wouldn’t have met oppa and noona.”

Dae hyun flushed AW MY CUTIE

“Jeez Dae it’s all you that brought me to where I am now,” I softly said as I his cheek with the back of my hand, “to think you were thinking how my life would’ve been if we hadn’t met.”

Now I know how totally impossible it would’ve been for us not to run into each other. Aw, this little child story thing made it sound as if we were destined to be together.

I looked into his eyes and frowned, “Our story sounds as if we were meant for each other,” I sighed, “but we’re not gonna be together till the end…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~