CHAPTER 10

This Must Be Love

Some people are meant to love each other, but it doesn’t mean they’re destined to be together…

 

Ack, sweet Jezuz where the hell did I get that love quote from… STUPID BRAIN YOU FAIL ME AGAIN. -_-

So we fell asleep on the floor. Well that’s what I remember, cause when I woke up about fifteen minutes ago I saw nothing but a piece of paper on the floor.

At first my brain was like: HOLY COW DID MY BUSAN BOY TURN INTO A PIECE OF STICKY NOTE

Then a few seconds after I realized how stupid I really was in the morning O.O

ANYWAY

So, I read the note and it was Dae explaining how he needed to do some last errands since it was the day 4 already and blah blah blah…

 

, tomorrows the D-Day X( Holy I don’t know- I need to pee.

 

“PARK MIN YOUNG YOU BETTER GET YOUR DOWN HERE OR ELSE!!!” Yun Ho oppa’s voice shook the house as I finished my business in the bathroom.

Rolling my eyes before clearing my throat to yell back, “OR ELSE WHAT?!?” shutting the door behind me, I was already taking the stairs to the living room.

I stumbled into a stop to see Yun Ho, Kahi and Lee Joon standing in the middle of the room. I searched their faces and my heart dropped… something was up.

“What’s up?” My voice, almost a whisper.

Detective Joon sighed before closing his eyes, “There’s a problem with the plan.”

My insides twisted and turned as I brought myself to sit on one of the cushioned seats, “Go on.”

The three looked at each other before looking at me.

 

 

“ANDWAE!” I dropped the damned letter and ran out of the house, tears blurring my vision.

He was gone. He left already. WHY DIDN’T HE EVEN ING SAY GOODBYE

“MIN YOUNG-AH!!!” Unnie’s and Oppa’s yells were echoing behind me as I ran out of the house and out into the road.

“Dae Hyun!” I hollered, my hands shaking and my world spinning, “JUNG DAE HYUN!!!” I felt arms around me as my legs gave up on my weight.

“He’s gone, Min Young.” It was Yun Ho oppa, he struggled bringing me back up to my legs.

I sobbed like a lost child, “JUNG DAE HYUN EODIGA?!?!” my heart was too damn heavy and I felt the whole world on my shoulders.

Holy I couldn’t even breathe right anymore. How could this happen?!? How could he not face me like a man and say goodbye!?! Is he that scared too?

Aw, my poor Busan Boy.

“DAE HYUN-AH~!” I fell into oppa’s arms as I couldn’t handle it anymore. My brain was throbbing, my heart was pounding, my limbs were shaking, and the whole world was spinning.

It was just too damn painful and overwhelming. The pain, sadness, fear, and eagerness all rushing in and out of my system.

Jung Dae Hyun… Wae?

 

I was locked up in my room, for the next five hours. Oppa and unnie would come in my room, talking to me, trying to get a word out of me, but I wouldn’t talk. I’d only drink the water they bring up or eat very little of the food they bring into my room.

I couldn’t feel any joy anymore, no happiness… nothing… that was all that I felt. Nothing. I reached for my phone and looked through my gallery.

Isanghae…

There was a video there, a video I never saw before. I clicked it and all the air of my lungs were gone…

 

“Hey Minmin.” His perfect voice echoed in my room as his eyes locked with mine.

“Ohmygod.” I sobbed as tears trailed down my cheeks and my heart aching again.

“I know you’re upset and that you were expecting me to come home tonight…” He went silent for a minute, his eyes fluttering as if he was blinking tears away, “I just…” he sighed, closing his eyes.

“Dae Hyun-ah.” I whispered, he was scared and it was so obvious. MY BUSAN WONBIN

“You know how much I love you right?” He sighed again, his eyes still closed, “I don’t know what to say or what to do to keep you from following me into the after…” he stopped, biting his lower lip. A tear escaped his eye, trailing down his cheek.

A damn, his crying.

“Just promise me you’ll let me watch over you from up…” he started sobbing, lowering his head.

“Andwae…” My breaths got heavier as I started inhaling and exhaling harder than before, my sobs and his echoing the room.

He looked straight at the camera, his eyes locking with mine, “I’m going to miss you so much…” his lips trembled as he looked away to let his tears fall. “P-Please d-don’t c-come after m-me…”

I closed my eyes in pain, everything was coming back but it was ten times heavier than before. I opened my eyes again when he started speaking.

“I will forever be your one and only Jung Dae Hyun,” He looked straight at the camera saying those words, he sniffled, “and to prove that, I have this,” He showed me his left hand, I noticed something shining on his ring finger, “this is not a couple ring. It’s something more special,” he looked down again, sobbing hard.

I closed my eyes.

“It’s under your pillow.”

I reached under my pillow to feel two things, a piece of paper and a small box.

“Neomu saranghae, Park Min Young, yeongwonhi.” The video ended.

 

It was a letter, tainted with tears… his tears.

To my one and only Park Min Young,

            First of all I’m sorry for not facing you like a man to say goodbye. It’s because I’m not a man, I’m a coward. I’m afraid, afraid that if I do say goodbye to you, I wouldn’t be able to leave. I’m afraid that if I don’t leave, Ripper will come after you and get you instead…and if he got you…

            I know we’ve only met for three months and sixty three days, yes I counted. Ever since the night Kahi unni brought you to that restaurant, I’ve counted every day I was with you. I wished though we could’ve been together longer…

            Listen, I won’t be completely gone, just physically. If you miss me, then you must know I miss you ten times more than that. Look up at the stars at night, I’ll be looking down at you, my eyes filled with love and sorrow. In the morning I’ll be walking right beside you, the sun’s warmth is my arm around you and the wind blowing against you is me saying I love you.

            I will always love you, Park Min Young. You and only you… saranghae…

                                                                                                Your only man, Jung Dae Hyun

 

The next day I fainted the moment I saw Dae Hyun's name on the news. He was murdered that night, his body found on the streets. But his killer was caught by detective Lee Joon. 

 

It rained on the day of Dae's death, it rained hard. And while it rained, I did everything I could to keep myself from going after him...