Figure It Out Yet?

Me, A Ghost?..... Why? - Against My Death

Changmin's P.O.V.

 

I peeked open my eyes as I was still half asleep. I felt something heavy on my forehead. I reached for it with my hand, but I couldn't pick it up. I looked next to me and saw a face. For some reason, I jumped up from the bed, brought him into a tight squeezing hug, and started to bawl. It seems like I can touch him... This is weird.. It's like an off and on button.... Touch, can't touch, touch, can't touch. I continued to bawl for an unknown reason. I probably startled him judging by his expression.

"Hey... What's wrong?" It's ok... Hyung is here."

He patted my head like I was a little puppy. I felt comfortable in his arms. As he caressed my face, the other boy from yesterday appeared out of no where completely confused of my actions.


"W-What's wrong? Are you ok?"

"I think he misses his parents." .... Now that I think about it.... Who are my parents?

"O-Oh... A-Ah! Sorry to j-just barge in. I-I'll go for now!"


He closed the door and scurried off to where ever. I stopped the bawling, but I was still crying, silently. I don't know what's wrong with me. Why am I crying? Did I have a bad dream? I'm a ghost, but how come they can see and touch me? Is it possible that people can touch me, but just can't see me? ... Is that even possible? I snuck a peek at Jaejoong and saw him smile at me. I tried to smile back, but my mouth wouldn't move all they way. I ended up locking down, shy to show my face to him. After a while, he spoke up which startled me because of the sudden nonsilence.

"Hey, I'm going to go make breakfast, you want to come?"

"S-Sure!.."

 


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong's P.O.V.

 

I lead Changmin downstairs into the kitchen after I washed up and everything. Once we were at the fridge, Changmin started to jump up and down a little. He must certainly can't wait for breakfast, and he's sooo cute! I offered him to sit down and wait for the food to be finished, but he suddenly put a frown on his face. I was confused when he put that look on his face.


"What's wrong?"

".... I'm going to take a breather."

"B-But... Breakfast is almost done."

"-sigh- I'll be fine."


Before I could call him back while concentrating on the food, he was gone once I looked up. It was weird because I didn't hear the door open nor close. I don't know what's wrong with him, but I hope he's alright. I don't want him to get lost.... What am I talking about.... He's 16 for crying out loud, only two years younger than me.... But his look is getting me worried. I have some kind of bad feeling. I sighed in confusion not knowing what to do. I was looking down at the food I just finished making. I've made up my mind... I'm going to go find Changmin and see where he went. I called Yunho down and saw him half asleep with his blanket wrapped around him next to me before I even knew it.


"Nghh... I-Is there something you need?"

"-sigh- Changmin headed off to who knows... I don't know when he'll be back, but I have a bad feeling about this... So do you want to find and look for him with me?"

"O-Of course! If he's missing then we need to look for him! I-I'll go get dress, hyung."


I didn't even bother to even touch the food when I headed out the door with Yunho. Food right now isn't a concern. We looked out our door and didn't see Changmin. I was irritated by not being able to see him. Where in the world could he have gone within such time? I had no plan... Only to stick with Yunho to look for Changmin. I searched for him till we had no breath. Where in the world could he be? I don't think he would've gone to another city because his parents should be here. Wait.... Possibly his parents are here?

"Yunho-ah! Do you think we can find Changmin by visiting his parents?"

"B-But we don't even know his parents."

"We'll just go around the city going to every door to look ask if they know Changmin."

".... Well... It's worth a shot.... I'll go around the city to see if he's anywhere, and you go do your idea. I think it'll be faster that way."

"Alright. Seems good enough. Call me when you find any details."


Just like that we split in search. I immediately dashed to the door that was clear in my side, right in front of me. I caught my breath so I could speak as normal as possible without any gasping problems.

-knock knock-

"Hello?"

"Well, hello there, young man. Is there something you need?"

"Well... I'm looking for a boy named Changmin. Do you have any ideas on where he might be or anyone that might know him.... Possibly even his parents?"

"I'm sorry, boy. I don't think I know anyone by that name. Please try somewhere around the next block. I'm sure that someone might know of his existence."

I bowed, "Thank you, ma'am. Enjoy your evening."

"Wait. Before you leave, lad."

"Yes?"

"... Are you perhaps, a girl? You look like a princess with those eyes and face. Perhaps this boy of yours is your boyfriend?"

"N-No, ma'am. I'm merely his friend... And I'm pretty sure I'm a boy.... Well then, good bye."


That... was embarrassing.... Did she have to point that out right in my face?... I'm very manly for your information. With that, I moved on to the next house. -sigh- As the neighbor told me, I went to the other block that was from the right of there. It's a little bit more peaceful than the city. It's more like the suburban areas. I spotted a house that was a few meters away from me, so I skidaddled along to do my mission. For some reason, this house kind of made me feel something... Some kind of sadness.

-knock knock-

I heard some weeping before the elders opened the door to greet me.

"Uhm. Hello there."

"Yes, hello. I have a question I just wanted to ask. It's urgent for me."

"Well then, speak up, son."

"Yes... I'm looking for this boy named Changmin." I heard them just gasp at the name, and they came and took me inside, dragging me violently.

"Whaa! Wait wait! What's going on!? Sir! Ma'am!"

"What did you do with our boy? Who are you?!"

"It seems to be some misunderstanding!!! Please! I beg you to listen to my explaination!!"

 


After a while of testifying, they seemed to have trusted me a little and let me go. They slowly sat down after I had kneeled. Nervousness was growing all over me. I took some deep breaths and calmed myself before explaining to them.


"I've only known him for a day, but my friend, Yunho, and I got to know him very well in a short period of time, but when we tried to talk to him. He looked like he was lonely from his expressions he gave off to us."

"... Boy, I think you-"

"I will introdue him to you since you miss him desperately! I will be back in a moment, sir and ma'am! Please wait patiently!"


I ran out the door, remembered the house of Changmin's parents, and called Yunho. It took him a while to answer, but that wasn't the situation here.


"W-What's up, Jae?"

"Where are you right now? I found Changmin's parents, and I'm going to introduce Changmin to them and tell them he's alright."

"I'm at the convinient store near the park, meet me there?"

"Sure. Meet you there."


We hung up and ran at full speed.
 It was now the afternoon. I was waiting in the center of the park for Yunho to come. I checked my watch.... 12PM... Mhhh....  When is he coming~? I suddenly heard a yell from a few meters back behind me. I whipped around and saw Yunho there. Perfect. I came up to him and confronted him about the whole situation. Later, we went back into searching for Changmin with the same method we used for the time before. It was difficult since we were hungry, but good thing that we bought at least something in the convinient store Yunho was in. Even though it wasn't much, at least it was something.


About an hour later, we met back up again on the opposite side of the side the bench under the streetlight that was in the park. I was drenched in sweat and panting. Yunho was doing the same except he wasn't as sweaty as I was.

"Did you find him?"

"No... He's... It's like he's invis-"

I heard a slight crying noise. It was very faint, but it was audiable. I looked to the other side and direction from where we were. Under the light that was.... Changmin. Why is he there? Why didn't we notice? My eyes were wide, and I rushed to Changmin to comfort him.

 

"Changmin-ah! Where were you?! We've been looking everywhere for you!... Why did you leave?"

"I -sniff- I said I was taking a breather."

"But why? Did something happen?.... I just visited your parents.... It seems like they desperately miss you.... Want to go?"

"NO! I can't go! They ...."

"It's ok."

".... You don't understand.... I'm-"

"Changmin... Just come on...."

"............"

 

He was silent the whole way. I just wanted him to be happy and also his family. They miss him.

We made it to the front door. Yunho was next to me, and Changmin was in front of us. This moment is coming. I knocked on the door.

 

"Hello there."

".... Is there something you need again?"

"I've found your son! He's right here in front of you."

"....... You know that our old eyes can't be fooled so easily yet, young man. I know you tried to make me happy, but it's not working. I appreciate your help though."

"What do you mean, sir? He's right here."

"HE'S NOT THERE DAMMIT! JUST LEAVE US ALONE WHILE SUFFERING BECAUSE OF HIS DEATH!!!"

 

They slammed the door in our faces..... What's going on??.... What's happening? Changmin's right here?.... Don't they see him???..... I heard something as I was shocked from what had just happened.

 

"What?"

"I said... hyung."

"Is there something wrong Changmin?"

"Yes... You didn't listen to me... This is why they think you're crazy."

"What do you mean Changmin?"

"I'm a ghost. I have no idea why you or Yunho-hyung can see me, but I'm .... a living soul."

"W-What are you talking about Changmin? You're a living human in the flesh!"

"... You don't believe me?... Then just watch.. I'll prove you wrong, you idiots."

"W-What?... You don't call us id-"

 

I .... I couldn't believe my eyes.... Changmin walked right through the door.... He came back out, and I jumped back..... I swear... This is NOT happening....