Lonely or Not

Me, A Ghost?..... Why? - Against My Death

Changmin's P.O.V.

 

 

"Nghhh...."

My head was throbbing and aching all over. I opened my eyes, but only darkness appeared. I tried to reach for whatever I could touch, but nothing seemed to come in contact with it. With no other choice, I just walked slowly in a straight path to see if I could touch anything. Then, I suddenly felt weak... Like I've been sleeping for like... An eternity? Years? Heh. Of course, not true. I had a last option to get out of this shabby dark looking place. It might hurt, but it was the only way I could think of. I calmed my breath, and I charged straight where I was facing as I shut my eyes. When it turned bright, I opened my eyes. Huh.. I'm out... But... I couldn't see anything in the inside..... I must have to open a door or something.... Oh well... I guess I'll just ignore that fact and head on for now. I looked both ways wondering where in the world I was, but I decided to worry about that later on in the future after I get out of here. For starters, I looked out the window to see how far I am from the ground. Ehh... I'm on the first floor... Hehe.. -blush- ... Well... I guess the exit's got to be around this floor then.

I took a turn and... What a coinky-dink, the exit! I ran towards it and almost crashed into it. I immediately attempted to grab the doorknob while waiting for the door to open, but I didn't feel anything. Hmm... This time I looked down to see what happens. I again, attempted to open the door..... I couldn't believe what I was seeing... My hand went straight passed the knob. T... This can't be.... Is this even possible???? I must be dreaming... Ok... Wake up.... Wake up!.... WAKE UP!! I pinched myself as hard as I could, and then I opened my eyes... I'm still here.... Why? I'm supposed to be in bed! I was going berserk and ran right passed the door.... This seriously can't be happening! I went outside to see where I was backyard? I looked back and saw a home... Huh?... Who's home? I headed inside and looked at two middle aged people. They were crying. It made me sad just by looking at them. I hope they're alright. As I came in closer, I listened to when they were saying.

 

"I... I can't believe he died..."

"Cheer up.... You know that every living thing dies."

 

Before I listened to anymore, I flew off. I was on the verge of tears... but why? Again, I let that thought escape me as I went to go on to travel around more. As I was walking around in search of people, I came across this man in a black suit. Hmm...

 

"Excuse moi~"

"You."

I paused in my tracks as he was looking down at me.

"Y-Yes?" I heard him scoff.

"You do know the reason you're here right?"

"N-No... But... Why am I dead?"

"That's for you to figure out. There will be people you will encounter so just stay within this city... Technically, you can only move around within this city. Now with that, good luck, kid."

"Wait!"

Before I could touch him, he vanished.... Was that a dream.. or real?... Well now what do I do? I'm dead... Dead. D.E.A.D. I can fly... Heh. There's no one around to even talk to me. Will I be like this forever?

As sun came up, teenagers and kids started to walk down the street to attend school. Which was the building right beside me a couple of blocks away, but I could see it from where I was standing... I guess I'll just 'attend' this school. I started to walk with them even though I can't be seen... This is going to be... A LONG day.... or Eternity... of loneness.

 

I walked pass by all of the student who were talking to each other within groups of three or four... I wish I had someone to talk to. It feels like a billion years passed before I last talked to someone! Please make this end... I want a friend... I quickly dashed into the building and headed to the roof. Ahh... the air. I shouted to what seemed like the whole world.

 

"SOMEONE!!!!!! TALK TO ME!! I'LL BE RIGHT HERE ON THE ROOF!"

 

I waited and waited. I slid down onto the floor and curled up into a ball. I sighed and went in deep sleep.

 

 

I suddenly woke up by some loud scream. I shot up and looked out onto the side of the roof. Oh... It's something totally different from what I was thinking.... Physical Education. Hmm... I was always good at it. Let's go practice. I jumped down from the roof and spread my arms out while I was falling.... I... I feel like I'm free! Before I 'splat' on the floor, I came to my senses and landed perfectly on the floor. I bowed at the imaginary crowd  surrounding me. Woohoo! 10 points! ... Anyways... I jogged to the race course and looked at the teenagers practicing and exercising. I just put a bright smile on my face and headed towards this boy who was about to get ready for a race with another boy. They sent evil glares at each other which made me tremble just by looking. I prepared and got it the same position as the boys....

"On your mark, get set, GO!"

We all sprung like springs in the starting point. Hmm.. These kids aren't that bad, but they need more practice. I smirked and dashed past the finish line in first place. I winked. "Woohoo! 20 points for me! Let's see what other competition there is!"

During all of this time, I basically raced kids and competed in high jumps and other sports. It was fun even though they couldn't see me. I guess that this isn't going to be as lonely as I thought.

 

As the day passed by, I went back up to the roof. I decided to take the long way since I want to at least 'pretend' I'm still of existence to the human world. When I was just about to reach the door, I heard someone talking there. Since they couldn't see me, I just went through the door. I took a spot near a couple of plants and flowers. As I was just about to get comfortable, I looked up and saw him face me. I jumped back with wide eyes. C-Can he see me?????

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sorry for the short update(: I tried to get it finish before dark and before I go to school again(tomorrow) because of the 4 day weekend I got(: It was fun because I got to update a lot :D Well.. I hope this isn't too lame xD SUBSCRIBE, LOVE, COMMENT, AND ENJOY<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333 (I LOVE YOU <3 )