chapter 3

My Lay Prince

 

Welcome Home Yunyi Xiaojie


 

We arrived at Shanghai at 5PM in the afternoon. There's a mini van to pick us up. Kris told me that the resident is not located in Shanghai. It locates in the city next to Shanghai called Ningbo which I had never heard of. I dozed off during the journey bcause I was too tired.

 

"An yi ssi," Kris nudged me lightly, "we had arrived." He said. I walked out of the van and a huge mansion is standing in front of me. There are maids standing outside in two lines. When I walk past them, they bow to me. I had never been treated like this before. The kids in my school always bully me because I'm poor. I often wish for affluence and now I have it. 

 

"Welcome home Yunyi xiaojie." They said in unison. Who the hell is Yunyi? "That's your name remember? Yeye wrote it in the letter." Luhan whispered. I nod my head as an answer. I was creep out, he answered my silent question! "I'm not a mind reader, I take psychology in school." He said again. I stare at him weirdly and walk ahead of him. I heard chuckles from him and Kris hushed him. 

 

I walk to the second floor where the old man's office is. I opened the heavy wooden door and there he is holding his stick while waiting for us on the sofa. He looked at me when I step into the office. 

 

"Yunyi my granddaughter!" He exclaimed and spread his arms to hug me. I felt awkward so I put my hands on the side of my thighs. 

 

"DId you have a good time traveling here?" He asked. "No,sir." I answered. He grimaced at the word Sir. 

 

"I understand that you don't like the way I bought you here but please  understand that I'm dying and I want to live with granddaughter before I die." He sobbed. I stayed silent. "Come here and sit down." He side and guide me to the sofa. 

 

"Do you want know where are your parents?" The old man asked. I nod my head. I'm curious because the woman on the picture looked just like me. "Your mother Qiangwei died when she gave birth to you," he said, "and your father went insane when you were missing. He's on the process of healing. I hope you can see him one day." He sighed. What a tragic family. 

 

Seeing him cry makes me sad too. Even though I had no feelings for them but I know how hurt it is to lose a daughter and a son mentally. 

 

"Please don't cry, I'll be by your side." I said soothingly. He looked at me with surprise. I don't know why I said that too. "Really?" Was his answer.

We talked for awhile and it's not as bad as I thought ist was. But I still miss my family though. After the conversation, Kris led me to my room. The room is pretty and refreshing like the way I like it.

 

"From now on I hope we get along well. I know it's hard for you but please understand the poor soul of your grandpa's." Kris sighed.

 

"By the way, if you hear noises at night, don't be afraid. Luhan is a playboy, he bring girls home secretly even though all the maids know what he's like." He cackled. That doesn't sound wonderful, it sounds horrible. I have to sleep with moans and banging and yelling andd groaning? Hell No! 

 

"I know you won't like and I know it's hell when those chicks moan like whales," he laughed, "but you can't do anything about it." 

 

"Do you take psychology too?" I asked. How can they read my mind and answer my thoughts? 

 

"No but your yeye is a psychologist before he gets into oil industry. He tought us how to read a person's thoughts from their face expressions." Kris said. "I should stay in a face then." I joked. After a tour around my room Kris walked me around the residence. The most eye catching thing is the garden behind the residence. There are ponds, a hill, water fountains and numerous types of plants and flowers. I felt like walking into the garden of Eden. 

 

"It's beautiful right?" Kris asked. I nod my head and stopped in front of a rose bush. The red roses are divine and the fragrant is elegant. 

 

"Your father planted those," Kris said, "before your mother passed away.They used to plant flowers together." He touch the roses elegantly.    "After your father went insane, no one took care of them. One day I was playing in the graden and I saw the dying roses. I don't like what I see so I took good care of them so they bloom again." He smiled. 

 

Mom and dad sounds like a romantic couple. I wish I can met both of them in person and in good condition. 

 

After seeing the garden we went up the hill and there's a person playing guitar on the bench. The brown hair boy that I had a crush on before his attitude irratates me. "Hey Yixing! Up here alone again?" Kris chuckled. What a loner. He didn't answer Kris and continue playing guitar. His side profolio looks enchanting when the twilight hits his face. 

 

I was too into his beauty so I didn't notice Kris calling my name. He nudged me lightly and I snapped out of my thoughts. "What's wrong?" He asked. "Nothing, I'm just tired." I lied. Kris seems to buy it and bought me back to my room. I took a shower and went to sleep. 

 

'Sweet dreams' I said to myself before I went to sleep.