chapter 12

My Lay Prince

 

I'm taking that as a yes


 

 

      “You better get off the wall.” Luhan sat on the corner watching me do handstand. I really want to get things off my mind now so I ignored Luhan. He seems to read my mind so he came to me and pulled me away from the wall.

 

“If you don’t like Xing, just reject him. I hope you don’t because Xing is sincere. I had been listening to his whining about not brave enough to confess for awhile now. Xing is the type that secure you by his side and never leave you unless you want him to.”  Luhan looked passed me into the mirror behind me. I can see an abnormal emotion.

 

“I do like him Luhan but the thing is I’m not sure if we can work it out. We beaker a lot and our personality is the opposite. I think-”

 

“Have you heard of opposite attraction? It’s dedicated to you and Xing. Can’t one of you finish this miserable situation? Please, senorita?” Luhan interjected. How can he’s speaking Spanish all of the sudden. Senorita? What the heck?

 

I sighed and nod my head. I’ll find a right timing and talk to Yixing. We left the dance studio can head to lunch.  Luhan is having a competition in two weeks and he chose me as his dance partner. I thought we’re going to dance hip-hop or modern dance but he chose Tango. I don’t know ballroom dancing so I rejected his request. In the end, I got myself involved in this. Sigh

 

I was relieved that Luhan picked a casual restaurant. I will be embarrassing myself if he chose a fancy restaurant and I look like crap. No matter how messy Luhan is, he still looks good. We chose the table near the window because both of us enjoy window seats. Luhan’s purpose is to spot hot chics on the street. I like see observe other people’s daily life.

 

“So, did you made up your mind? You should talk to Xing so soon as possible. Don’t make him wait too long.” Luhan mumbled.

 

“Yea I did. I’ll talk to him as soon as possible. Being in a relationship is so much work and pressure.” I said. Luhan smirked and said, “That’s why I do one-nights.”

 

I groaned and threw a leaf at him. He grimaced and threw it back at me. I kicked him under the table and he yelped. I posted a victory sign and ran to the bathroom.

 

~*~

 

Luhan drove us home after the disastrous lunch. We made a mess and Luhan had to pay for the broken dishes and glasses. Luckily I’m not the one paying. We sang on the way home. We’re totally rocking the song “Rolling in the deep.” Luhan is not only a god dancer but also a good singer. He should have auditioned as an idol. With his handsome face, able body and talent, I think all the entertainment companies would recruit him.

 

“You should audition for idol man. I don’t know why you’re wasting-“

 

“Yunyi, can I talk to you?” I was half way through my sentence and Yixing interjected me. What’s gonna come is gonna come. I followed Yixing to the guest room and have a ‘talk’.

 

“So, have you thought about my request?” Yixing asked softly. I didn’t to dare look at him for some reasons. I didn’t say anything, I just nod. I heard him sighed and there’s a long pause of silence. I know he’s waiting for my answer but I don’t know how to project my feelings. One part of me took it as a joke and the other half of me want to say yes. It’s really confusing.

 

“It’s okay if you reject me, I understand I wasn’t acting my best behavior before. I just want an answer from you.” He tilted my chin upward forcing me to look at him. I panics, I avoided his eyes so I looked everywhere. The next moment, I felt warmness on my lips.

 

I widened my eyes and looked at him. He didn’t budge and deepened the kiss. I didn’t return the kiss but I didn’t push him away either. I just stand there like an idiot. He pulled away a moment later and said,

 

 

“I’m taking that as a yes.”

 

I smiled and nod my head.

 

“Yes, I’m your girlfriend”