Chapter 5: Falling in Love with the Wrong Person

Looking for My Love

 

 

 

SooYoung’s POV

“KyuHyun!” I looked back. Oh, someone quite far is approaching us.

“ChangMin!” Great! They’re friends. How unlucky. Gosh, the ChangMin guy is looking my way. He is kind of cute too. I just like this KyuHyun guy more without considering the attitude of course.

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-

 

KyuHyun’s POV

With the looks of this girl, I think she likes my best friend. Well, I won’t like her anyway. She is way different from ‘C’. Just look at her. She doesn’t have class at all – walking without her shoes, throwing some heel without thinking who will be disturbed, shouting at other people and my favorite, drooling in front of a stranger.

“Bro,” ChangMin said to me.

“Yeah?”

“Aren’t you going to introduce me to the beautiful lady in front?” I looked at the girl who was walking away from us. I went to her.

“Miss,”

“What?!” See? She is shouting at me. Maybe she needs to see my charms.

“What is your name?” I smiled my most charming smile.

It took her 3 seconds to respond. “SooYoung. Now go.” She walked towards the driver’s seat. “Mr. Kim, I’m sorry for being a trouble. I’ll be back later so feel free to do anything you want.” And she smiled like a goddess -- a smile that is so familiar. Wait—she is ‘C’. I know that smile.

Unfortunately, before I tell her that I am ‘M’, ChangMin walks towards her.

“Hi Pretty Lady. I’m alone when I go inside. Feel like joining me?” And there you have it, she just nodded; She must have been hypnotized by ChangMin’s moves.

“Bro, I’ll be going inside. You?”

“I’ll be going inside too.”

 

I’ve been trying to get her attention to tell her that I am ‘M’, but she doesn’t seem to be interested in me. She doesn’t even look at my way. Well, she did once. Did I fall in love with the wrong person? – What did I just say? Of course I am not in love. What I meant is did I like the wrong person?

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-

 

SooYoung’s POV

I am dancing with ChangMin. When we went inside this hall, we just sat for a minute and danced. We kept dancing and dancing. We talked about so much. He said that they own a talent company. Surprisingly, they hold my sister. Galaxy talents, hmmm, I might consider visiting my sister there. He mentioned that he’s surname is Shim. He kind of reminded me of someone I used to know. Anyway, ChangMin and I were dancing waltz when I happened to take a supposed-to-be accidental glimpse on KyuHyun. He was watching me intently. I didn’t know if I were to be scared or happy or whatsoever, so I just danced and try not to look at him.

 

“Are you tired of dancing? We can sit now if you want to.”

“I’m not really tired but I like going to our table and eat some foods.”

“Okay. I like that idea.”

 

“Whoa, this is your second plate, if I am not mistaken.” ChangMin told me.

“So? How about you? That is your third plate already.”

“You keep on surprising me, SooYoung-ssi.”

“What is with the ‘-ssi’? Call me ‘SooYoung’.” From the corner of my eyes, I saw KyuHyun stared at me, like questioning me why. Hence, he is on the same table. I just continued eating. I was eating my favorite dessert when I remembered someone important.

“YoonA.” I whispered. I took my last bite of my ‘leche flan’ and stood up.

“I have to go. I need to look for my best friend.” I said to ChangMin who is enjoying his fourth plate of rice. I am so curious why he has a good body built with his undeniably BIG appetite.

“I’ll go with you, after I finish my food.”

“Sorry, but I really have to look for her. She is my best friend and I want to enjoy this party with her.” And there I walked fast, I just finished eating.

 

“Whoa, I’ve been running after you, if you didn’t notice.”

“Why are running after me?”

“I have something to say.”

“Then, say it to me now. My time is precious.”

“*sighs* I am e—“ I saw YoonA.

“I’m sorry.”

Wait, he is what? He is e? Enjoying the party, maybe or enchanted? What is he? Trying to crack jokes with me?

“Yoong-ie,” I said when I get to her.

“So Yoong-ie is your name?” Said the not-so-good-looking man in front of her. YoonA and I laughed. That is her nickname of course.

“Yes, short for BoKyung. Now, I need to go with my best friend.” YoonA told the guy.

“Thank you for a great timing.”

“I’m sorry I just came now, I’ve been dancing on the dance floor for a while.”

“It’s okay. Let’s go enjoy.”

“Uh-huh, this will be fun.”

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-

 

KyuHyun’s POV

I said that I was ‘M’ and she said that she was sorry. Sorry for what? Sorry that she doesn’t like me back? Maybe I shouldn’t have told her; seeing her so interested in ChangMin after all. It hurts my ego.

“Ouch.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Well, if it isn’t you again.”

“You’re … Joo—Joo, sorry what is your name again?”

“I’m JooHyun.”

“Ahh, JooHyun.” JooHyun, almost like ‘C’. Almost.

“I saw you with SooYoung. You know her?”

“Yeah. I liked her”

“Liked?  You know, everyone likes her. One time, we had a visitor in our school. He was to stay for 2 weeks and was extended to a month because he was so mesmerized with SooYoung. She has always been the talk of the town.” She told me like she wants to be friends with her but something is stopping her.

“Why are you telling me this?”

“It is actually the first time I encountered someone who doesn’t like her.”

“Care to take some cocktails?” A waiter asked us. I took one and so did she. “Thank you.”

“I can say you are not friends with her.”

“Actually not really, just acquaintances I guess.”

“May I know why?”

“Being really famous and rich, it is difficult to be her friend; especially with someone like me whose business has been a rival.”

“Why is that a problem?”

“Well, other people may think that I am being a spy to their company.”

“Don’t think like that. If your intentions are pure, there is no need to worry.”

“Thank you.”

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-

 

Sooyoung’s POV

Hmmm. I noticed that KyuHyun has been talking to Seo JooHyun. Well, she is pretty, and really modest. Something I am not; being really modest. I am loud and that is so true. Hmmm. I wish he likes me because I like him.

 

“Hmm, Yoong-ie,”

“Yeah?”

“There is no sign of ‘M’ at all.” I said so sadly.

“No one actually came to you?”

“No. Not even one announced that he is ‘M’.”

“Maybe he didn’t attend the party.”

“Ouch, maybe he is not interested in me at all.”

“Maybe something important showed up and he can’t ignore it.”

“Hmmm, Maybe.” I looked around and saw KyuHyun still talking to JooHyun. “Lucky for them they found a partner.” I whispered.

“YoonA?”

“KiBum?” I looked at YoonA. Lucky she found a match. Wait. KiBum? Wow, he is YoonA’s first love.

“Is that SooYoung?”

“Yes.” YoonA said. To give information, KiBum is a childhood friend. We all met at a camp. We used to call him ‘Bum-Bum’.

“Alligator Yoong,” He went back to Yoong.

“Bum-Bum, it has been a while.” YoonA said to him.

“SooYoung, there you are.” ChangMin said who was surprisingly in front of me.

“ChangMin. Oh, meet my best friend, YoonA and our childhood buddy, KiBum.”

“Hello.” They both greeted.

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-

 

KyuHyun’s POV

Oh no. I’m late. My real dad called me last night; He wants me to get to know my sister. After all, this is the first time we’ll talk to each other like a family. I have her number though but I don’t talk to her. And that number was 8 years ago. Probably she changed her digits now. Anyway, I’ll accompany her to somewhere. I don’t know where but Dad said I could bring a friend. So, I’ll be bring ChangMin. I don’t want my sister to be involved with him but at least there is someone I could talk to.

 

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          

A/N: Hmmm, KyuHyun knows that SooYoung is 'C/Sy' but when KyuHyun approached her, she wasn't listening attentively. How will they see each other again? Will SooYoung know that KyuHyun is 'M'? Find out soon :)