Chapter 3: Aftermath

Looking for My Love

 

SooYoung’s POV

10 am. I have slept for 9 hours. I got home before quarter to 1 am. After doing my rituals – makeup removing, facial washing and such – I slept. I looked at my sofa table. Hence, I have my own sofa in my room. From my bed, I can see our pictures. I pasted one picture in my scrapbook and the other picture is just on the table. I couldn’t help but smile with the thought of buying a picture frame for it.

I stood up and fixed my bed. I was about to leave my room when I saw M’s coat lying on my sofa. I took it, smelled it, – man, it smells so good – entered my walk-in closet, took a hanger and a transparent cloth cover, – to preserve the smell J – and hanged it to my favorite clothes collection. I know this seems so crazy, but really, I just keep on thinking about him. Maybe this is just infatuation?

I went to our kitchen. I made my breakfast. Today is Sunday; our maids are on day off. My sister and I are the people in the house. She is still sleeping. She must be tired; we came home almost at the same time and it looked like she was from a party. My mom will be back from her office before 11 so we can attend the mass together.

 

Fresh from the mass. I feel so blessed. We ate at our favorite restaurant. The restaurant is owned by YoonA’s dad. They are popular in the food industry.

“Soo-ah,” my mom called after swallowing her food.

“Yes mom?”

“I’ll be going home after eating. I’ll be taking a rest. Where will you go?”

“Are you okay mom? I can do it some other time if you want me to take care of you.”

“I’m okay sweetie. No need to worry. I just need to rest. You can bring your sister with you.”

SooYoung looked at her sister who was busy eating. “I’m going to the mall to buy some stuff. It’ll be a great spending my time with unnie.

 

“Okay my angels. Be home safe and sound.”

“Yes mom.” Then we gave our mom sweet kisses. We watched our car until it was out of sight. I looked at my sister. She doesn’t wear any disguise. If you are wondering why, it is because this mall is for elites only. People need membership card to get in. To be honest with you, the membership card costs $2000 with renewal every year. You don’t need to be shocked. We really need this to get away from the paparazzi. The mall by the way is owned by my grandparents on my father’s side. I got all the privileges. :P

 

 “Which is better, red or pink?”

“Tell me why you need a picture frame again. And why the frames are love-themed?”

“I told you that I had pictures that are needed to be framed. What love are you talking about?”

Unnie pointed the hearts and love quotes designed on the frames. She looked at me and gave an ‘are-you-sure-you-don’t-know-what-we-are-talking-about’ look. I answered her with a ‘yeah’ look.

“Say, are you in love?” My eyes just widened after her words sank in to my mind.

“N-no,” I could help but stutter.

“Bluffer. Who’s the lucky guy?”

“I didn’t bluff. And there is no lucky guy.” I defended myself.

Unnie looked straight into my eyes. “You were saying?” Okay. She caught me there.

“Okay, I bluffed when I said I didn’t bluff.” I tried to not focus on the ‘lucky guy’. I was hoping she will buy my change of topic. As a response, unnie rolled her eyes. Good thing she didn’t dig in the topic.

“So which one?” Bringing the original topic back.

“Didn’t you say you have pictures-s?” Unnie said putting emphasis on ‘S’.

“Well, I have frames for my other pictures,” I showed simple frames in my basket, “And my other picture with him is in my scrapbook.”

“With him? See. You are in love.” OMG! Did I say ‘with him’? I am dying mentally. I just have to pretend I didn’t say that.

“Huh?”

“You said, ‘with him’. Now, tell me who the lucky guy is.”

“No one.”

“Since when did you start hiding things from me?” Okay, she got me again. I never lied or hide anything from my sister. That was the first time actually.

“Fine. I honestly don’t know his real name. But, I called him ‘M’.” I told my sister everything, from the time his eyes were locked to mine to the part where he disappeared.

 

“Aww. Love at first sight. That is so romantic.” My sister commented after hearing my story.

“Well, I really want to meet him again.” I admitted.

“He studies in Prince Academy right? Why don’t you go to that school and search him there?”

“Unnie, I don’t want to look that desperate. I’m the girl here. If he is really interested in me, he’ll find a way to know me.”

“But you can’t just rely on him alone. You have to work too if you want to meet him again.”

“Unnie, no one knows about this except you. I don’t want the others to think that on one night of exposure to handsome students of Prince Academy, I turned to a desperate flirt.”

“Who will think like that?”

“You can never point anyone but I’m sure that it is to happen. Just please, don’t let anyone know about this. Besides, if I ask who the ‘M’ is, lots of men will claim that he is he.”

“Okay okay. Just tell me if you need help. Is that clear, Soo?”

“Thank you, Unnie.” I nodded.

“Back to the topic, the red is more appealing than the pink one,” she smiled. “Love will find a way,” reading the quote on the red frame; She was teasing me and then she chuckled.

But yeah, Love will find a way. Wait. Love? Am I really in love? How come I just realized that it was love that we were talking about? I mean, I can’t be in love in just a night right? This is just infatuation.

“Unnie, I am not in love!” I told her.

“If you want to be an actress, you need to be convincing.” She continued walking.

She is kidding right? She can’t be serious. I really am not acting. This is just an infatuation.

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-

 

KyuHyun’s POV

I woke up as early as 8 am. I dreamt of her. I knew it was her. Her voice, so sweet and lovely; Her body built, so y and perfect; I knew it was her. Even in my dreams, I see her. How can she affect me this much when it was yesterday I first met her?

Before I went to our dining area, I went to my study table. I took both pictures and stared at those. How could she look so beautiful even with the mask on? Then, I noticed something on one of the pictures. There was this small heart between us. Even though we are so close together, the heart still managed to be in between. I smiled at the thought that that heart was a sign that we’ll meet again.

 

“Oh, KyuHyun-ah,” my dad addressed me as we eat breakfast.

“Yes dad?”

“How was the ball last night? You didn’t get to tell me.”

“The ball? It was beyond I expected.” I smiled as I remembered what happened. “Unfortunately, my claustrophobia attacked.” My smile disappeared then.

“I’m glad you get to control your claustrophobia.”

“Yeah, I got used to it.”

“So, what beyond expected happened?”

“I met a girl and I didn’t know who she is, how she looks like and, most of all, what her phone number is.” My dad laughed at my last phrase.

“KyuHyun-ah, I didn’t know you are slow when it comes to things like this.” He laughed again.

“Dad, that was my first time.”

“Yeah, your first time but you blew it off.”

“At least I got an idea where she will study for college.” I said proudly.

“Yeah? Where?”

“In Paris,” I simply said.

“So you are planning to take the scholarship in Paris?”

“I might consider, but Hanyang University has been giving my lots of privileges that I can’t seem to decline.”

“Well, you know that I’ll still support you. Count on that.” Dad patted my back.

“Thanks.” I managed to say.

“Anyway, I’ll be going to Paris later tonight and I’ll be home by Thursday. I personally told my secretary that I should be home by then so I wouldn’t be jetlagged on Saturday. So, what do you want for your graduation?”

“Dad, since you asked about that. StarCraft!” I enthusiastically said.

“Okay okay,” I’ll give it to you on the day itself.

“Yes!”

“I didn’t notice earlier that your voice is back to normal.”

“Ahem. Ahem. Yeah. I wish my voice were normal yesterday.”

“Before I forgot, we’ll go to the mall after the mass. I need to buy new coats and ties. I think you should buy one too. For your graduation of course.”

 

‘SaRang’, our favorite brand. They do have the best texture and designs. I was in front of the boutique when a lady, who just got out of ‘SaRang’, bumped unto me.

“I’m sorry!” Then she ran after someone. “SooYoung-ie! Wait up.” Then I went back to my business. From there, I started trying new corporate attires.

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-

 

SooYoung’s POV

“SooYoung-ie! Wait up.” My sister caught my attention. I turned to her and saw her handful of paper bags.

“What are those for?” I asked her. “Last time I checked, you didn’t have those in hands.”

“C’mon, this one is for your graduation, this is for my outfit on you graduation. The other one is for you for the party and this one is for me for the party. This one is for mom. The rest of the clothes are for your Jeju trip with YoonA, though some are for me, for the few days I’ll be spending with you.”

“So that means, there is a possibility that other people will have the same dress as mine?”

“Of course not. I just got these delivered there with there with the other clothes, to lessen the money consumption.”

“You are the best, Unnie!” I hugged her.

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…--…-     -…-          -…-        

 

Author's Note: They almost met. Do you think they'll meet soon? Soon enough before they forget each other? Wait for the next update. :)

 


syoolove @ kristinewong @ Chocolate_loves @lov3s_ang3l_19 @biluvsoo Thank you for subscribing! 

Replies:

@Chocolate_loves: Thank you! I'll try to update as often as possible.

@syoolove: Thank you! We'll see about that. :)

@biluvsooThank you! Who do you have in mind? But I wouldn't be telling who he is. Not until the right time. :) Anyway, we'll see about that.