Chapter 2: Start of Something New

Looking for My Love

 

Author’s POV

KyuHyun’s POV was cut because he was speechless by the Goddess sighted from his seat. The ‘Goddess’ is walking down the stairs. She’s late yet she is the most gorgeous lady he has ever seen even with half her face hidden. He stood up and walked towards her.

 

SooYoung continues to walk down the stairs knowing that everybody is staring at her. She gathered her confidence and tried not to be shy because, it has always been like that for her. Everyone thinks that she has a very high confidence because of her high profile but honestly, she just keeps on hiding her nervousness with a very contagious smile. It was an Entrance.

 

“Good evening Cinderella!”

“Cinderella?”

 “You entered the ball so late and yet your presence made me so alive.”

Sooyoung blushed so she smiled at the floor. When she was to look at him, the corner of her eyes caught a moment. A man sneezed his punch to the lady he was talking to. Sooyoung was about to laugh out loud but, the words, “GRACE AND POISE” echoed in her mind so she laughed at the floor again.

“Oh, you are so sweet.” She replied in a sweet, sweet voice.

“But I hope you won’t keep me hanging.”

“Why will I keep you hanging?” She asked.

“You might leave early like the real Cinderella, and I will be kept hanging here without knowing who you are.”

“Of course, I wouldn’t just leave and miss this ball. I have always dreamt of this”

“Well then, shall we dance?” He asked in a British accent.

“But of course, sire,” She replied same with the British accent.

 

It was a slow dance. They went on the center. Their first dance was full of melting gazes and endless smiles. On the second song played. They started communicating through words.

“Why is your voice cracky?” SooYoung started.

“I forgot I used all my voice yesterday and ate ice cream.” He laughed a little.

 “Awww. I hope you’ll be better soon. Too bad I won’t be able to hear your real voice.”

“Yeah, too bad. Say, what is your name?”

“We are not allowed to tell our names to each other.”

“Well, no one will know that we exchange names.”

“Yes, saying each other’s name is not allowed until 12 midnight.” A teacher interfered.

“Yes, madam.” SooYoung laughed at the floor again for KyuHyun’s cute action. The teacher then left.

“Well, I’ll call you ‘mine’ for the mean time then.” KyuHyun said, hoping that his suggestion will be approved.

“No kidding.” She said. ‘But that sounds fun though’, she thought.

“Anyway, you can call me ‘Sy’.” [A/N: ‘Sy’ is read as ‘C’]

“C?”

“Uh-huh.”

 “Call me, uhmmm *thinking*…”

“I’ll call you ‘uhmmm’?” SooYoung teased, but KyuHyun was busy thinking that he didn’t hear what SooYoung said. He glanced to her and was surprised that she was staring at him. So he made a ‘what’ face.

“Never mind.” Sooyoung shook her head too.

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah. So how about the name I’ll call you?”

“Just call me ‘M.” He said. 'Short for mine'. he smirked at the thought.

 “Okay, M.” She nodded. 'He must really like calling him 'mine'.' She thought.

“So what university will you enter?” KyuHyun opened the topic.

“I’ll be studying abroad, in Paris, France to be exact.”

“Let me guess you’ll take fashion designing?”

“Yeah. How do you know?”

“Paris. It is the fashion capital of the world. I guess I have to take the scholarship offer a law school in Paris is giving me.”

“Have you gone crazy?”

“Crazy for you.” SooYoung just gave a sweet smile.

“Anyway, I got into Seoul National University. They are practically giving me all privileges, but I have to live my dream. How about you? Where will you study? As in seriously. You’ll be taking law, right?”

“Yes. I’ll be studying at Hanyang University. I will be staying here in Korea, for my dad.”

“Awww. You’re such a sweet boy. And Wow. *0* You must be really smart and you get into Hanyang University. Like WOW.”

“Thank you! So do you. You got into Seoul National University. That is amazing.”

“Thank you, M!” And then she smiled at him and then smiled at the floor.

SooYoung flipped her hair as she looked around. KyuHyun just seemed to be amazed with her hair flipping. There she found what she has been searching for.

M! Let’s go there. Let’s take pictures together as remembrance.”

“That is a great idea, C!” And by that, KyuHyun held her hand and led her to the photographer.

 

They chose their background. They got 6 shots. SooYoung took 2 of the pictures and so did KyuHyun. The photographer took the other two praising their perfect chemistry on the pictures.

 

They spent more time in dancing and chatting. They talked about schools and friends like they were friends for years. There was no awkwardness at all. There were times when they have to change partners but before the music ends, they would always end up together.

 

“Look at the time, C. 20 minutes before midnight.” KyuHyun said in excitement. He really wants to unmask ‘C’.

“This is really fu—“

**Hey I just met you and this is crazy, but here’s my number, so call me maybe. It’s hard to look right at you baby, but here’s my number, so call me maybe. Hey I---** (This is SooYoung’s ringtone. Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen)

“Excuse, I just have to answer this.” SooYoung clicked the send button.

“Hello? Who am I talking to? Hello? Are you still there?”

*toot toot toot*

“Huh? The caller ended the call without saying a word.” She said to herself for that was really weird.

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-

 

Someone’s POV

[Hello? Who am I talking to? Hello? Are you still there?]

I smirked and ended the call. Same old Soo, I guess. I missed her badly. Good thing I’m back. She’ll be mine again. Soon.

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-

 

KyuHyun’s POV

“Who was that?” I asked her by the time she reached our table. I asked her without asking myself what I care about it. Well, it might be her boyfriend or---- BOYFRIEND? How could I not ask her if she has a boyfriend already? I don’t want to be the third party. Please not your boyfriend. Please.

“I don’t know. The caller didn’t speak a word.” The she shrugged.

Now is my chance to ask her. This is for my dignity and hers.

“Say,” here it goes, “do you have a boyfriend? Are you dating someone? I forgot to consider that before.”

Please say that you are not seeing anyone.

She is smiling at the floor. Why is she smiling? She’s looking at me now.

“No, I don’t have a boyfriend or seeing anyone.” YES! Success!

“I have a chance then?” She’s smiling at the floor again. She’s making me nervous. Oh wait. Why is she turning around? She hasn’t answered my question yet. When she completely turned, she ly her head halfway to me and left me with another question, “What do you think?” What do I think? I don’t want to be assuming but I am handsome, rich, and a natural-born genius. What is not to like about me? Could it be that she likes me too?

 

I followed her to the balcony. We were the only people there. I could see that she was feeling cold so I draped my coat on her shoulders without asking for permission. I know she likes it too. We looked at the stars then I looked at her. She seemed to be so amazed.

“M! Look! A shooting star! Make a wish!” She said like a child. She immediately closed her eyes and held her hands into a praying position. When she’s done, she looked at me in a confused way.

“What?” I asked.

“Did you wish? It seems like you were staring at me the whole time,” she replied. I knew she meant it as a joke.

“What do I have to wish for? I already have you by my side.” I can see that she blushed then she smiled at the floor again. That is her favorite thing: Smiling at the floor.

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-

 

SooYoung’s POV

OMGee! Why is he like this? I can feel all my blood going to my cheeks. He is making it hard for me to breathe. His words are stuck in my head like replay.

“What do I have to wish for? I already have you by my side.”

“What do I have to wish for? I already have you by my side.”

“What do I have to wish for? I already have you by my side.”

“What do I have to wish for? I already have you by my side.”

“What do I have to wish for? I already have you by my side.”

“What do I have to wish for? I already have you by my side.”

Now, back to what I am fond of doing most, smiling at the floor. I did it because I knew I blushed. When I recovered and got a hold of myself, I looked at him and found out that he was staring at me. We were just there staring at each other without saying any words. It managed to kill some moments.

 

*BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!*

We turned our heads to see what was going on.

*0* WOW. I love the firework display. AMAZING. We looked at each other again. We looked back at the fireworks, and the next thing I know is that the other students were at the balcony too. I looked bac--- Wait. **Look again** Their masks are off. So I took my mask off too. I looked for ‘M’ but he was no longer around. There was no sign of him.

“SooYoung!” I turned around, “There you are. I’ve been looking all over for you. Anyway, you look stunning.” She’s YoonA, my best friend.

“Thank you! You’re so gorgeous. We are undeniably best friends.” I smiled.

“What were you doing here?”

“I was just hanging around.”

YoonA was saying something but I couldn’t make myself listen, I’m sorry YoonA, as I remember the events earlier. I know it was real; I know he was with me all along. Oh wait. I took our pictures from my purse. There they were. At least, I know it was not just my imagination. I didn’t even get to see his face nor know his name. I also wonder how his real voice sounds like.

 

Right after the end of the firework show, I went straight home.

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-

 

KyuHyun’s POV

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. After the other students gathered at the balcony, I left. I just couldn’t handle it. I couldn’t breathe. I am claustrophobic. One thing you don’t know about me. I wanted to drag ‘C’ with me but there were students between us, so I just dashed off the balcony and went to the men’s room. I looked at the mirror. I was still catching my breath. I realized that I was still wearing my mask, I took it off. I smiled not because I am good-looking but because my coat is with ‘C. At least she has something from me. I think calling her Cinderella made our fate like this. This is even worse than Cinderella. She neither knows how good-looking I am, what my real voice sounds like, nor know what my real name is. I don’t know her real name, her visage, and her num—Wait! Why didn’t I ask her phone number? Ughh. KyuHyun, this is your first time and yet you are already a failure. I hope we’ll see each other again. I took our pictures from my pocket and looked at them closely.

“Yah, ‘C’, I’ll see you soon.” Only then when I recovered from my claustrophobia.

 

When I got out of the men’s room, there are few cars in the parking lot. From the parking lot, I glanced at the balcony, hoping she was there but she was not. I went inside my car – yah, it is mine but I’m still not allowed to drive it. I told my driver to bring me home.

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-