Chapter 1: Meet THEM

Looking for My Love

 

SooYoung’s POV

“SooYoung! You have to wear this. I bought this in France for you.” My dear sister, SooJin, suggested or let’s say evoked – it is a dress, a little y but quite simple – but, I myself won’t fall for what she wants. In this kind of situation, I know what I want.

“I don’t want. Besides, we are supposed to wear gowns, not dresses. Don’t be sad. I’ll wear that some other time, just not this time. Mom designed and made my gown herself.” My mom is a fashion designer. She has been in the fashion industry for like forever. It is her passion. Passion for Fashion. Bratz? But really, she is the best I know. I admire and idolize my mom.

“Okay, I guess you have a point. But you’ll wear this okay?” My sister made sure.

“Yes.”

“OMGee. What time is the ball?”

“Uhmm. 7:00.”

“Seriously? It’s already 6:30 and your hair and makeup are not yet done. Let me make you gorgeous.”

“Hey, I’m already gorgeous.”

“Fine *rolling eyes* I’ll make you more gorgeous.” SooJin smiled.

“Thank you unnie!” Giving SooJin a hug.

 

For you, my dear readers, here are some facts about me. I’m Choi SooYoung. 16 years old. I’m on my senior high school already in Princess Academy. I’ll be graduating soon. I am the Top 3 in our school. It is an exclusive all-girls school. It is not really for princesses but girls who live like princesses. Let’s just say, only elites can enter the school. The support each student received from their parents/ providers should be more than enough – like beyond expected. My mom is a fashion designer, fashion retailer, a co-owner of our school and manages our brand, “SaRang”. It is a popular brand known all-over the world. My great grandmom started the business which she named after her. It was taken over by my grandmom when my great grandmom died. My grandmom is not dead, but she decided to give it to my mom already so it wouldn’t be hard for my mom to adjust when my grandmom dies - at least that is what they say.

Grandmom doesn’t live with us. She lives in New York with my granddad. Anyway, "SaRang" has been the favorite brand of actresses, and elites for decades. My sister, SooJin, is an actress. She took Theater Arts after she graduated in med school. She focuses on being an actress though. When she has a break from acting, and I still have my classes, she does voluntary works on places where there are less care for health. She always has time for my mom and me, I mean, she always makes time for us. About my dad, I honestly don’t remember any moment with him. I want to meet him but I guess that is impossible now. He’s gone. No one knows whether my dad is still alive. He just happened to simply disappear. We have a picture together. That was taken when I was two (years old). It was the last picture I had with him. But my mom always tells me that my dad loved the three of us, more than anyone else in the world.

After telling my family background, I think I should tell you more about myself. Like what I’ve said, I am Top 3 in our school. It is not easy being the Student Council president, President in Drama Club, Dance Club, and Glee Club, Gifted in Math, Science and Essay writing, and editor-in-chief of our school newspaper. It is quite difficult for me to be on Top because I leave during classes for meetings and stuff. I am also a model. I model for our brand and some other endorsements because I am a Ballerina. I am fit and gorgeous. HAHA! But really, I am.

 

So the ball I am going to is our graduation ball. Its theme is masquerade ball. That was the decision of our school directress and the school director of Prince Academy – Prince Academy is the counterpart of our school. Yeah, you read it right. The director of Prince Academy was there in our meeting. Princess Academy and Prince Academy have been doing this every year. They merge their graduation balls. They say it is because soon after we will leave the school and meet people, either male or female. The directress of our school look at this as test on how we communicate to opposite gender regarding the fact that we are from an all-girls school.

I, together with the council president of Prince Academy, organized the event. We were very meticulous in every detail. We don’t want to be cramming on the day of the ball so we made sure that everything is perfect. Everything would flow accordingly. From the venue to the orchestra, to the caterers, to the sound system, to the lights, to everything, it was perfectly planned.

 

It is 7:05 on my watch and I’m late, as simple as that. Well, it is okay, we live near the venue and they wouldn’t know it’s me; it’s a masquerade after all. Everything is settled and I can come whenever I want. It is not required to be early; we are expected. Like what they say, Expectations lead to disappointments. HUH? What’s the connection? Anyway, my mom is a co-owner of our school so I get privileges. :)) To make it clear, I only use my privileges in situations when I come late and eat during class. :))

 

“Okay, you’re done. Just remember, don’t talk when your mouth is full, and talk with your sweet voice just like what we practiced. Most importantly, GRACE and POISE!” my sister reminded me. Have I told you that I have manners in front of everyone but when it is just me in front of my family, I'm a little uncivilized? Well, now you know.

“Alright!”

“Okay then. Let’s go!”

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-

 

KyuHyun’s POV

It is 6:55 pm. People are starting to get inside the hall.

“Look Kyu, there are lots of girls here.” My bestfriend ChangMin told me and gave me a nudge.

“Of course, students from Princess Academy will be spending their time with us.”

“Woah, Your voice sounds bad, anyway, I bet I will score some pretty ladies.”

I just looked the other way as response to my bestfriend.

“Okay, Prince students! Get in the hall now!” Our council president called. I’m sure he is the president. I can recognize his voice. He’s my classmate but we don’t talk to each other much.

When I got in, I was honestly amazed by the decorations and the whole scenery. The backgrounds made us feel like we are in ancient time, ancient as in like Romeo and Juliet’s time. The decorations were European and really classy. No wonder our tuition fee is thrice the price of regular schools. I decided to sit a chair near to me. What to do now? I guess I’ll be telling you about myself. I think it’ll kill some time and awkwardness.

 

I am Cho KyuHyun. I’m senior high school in Prince Academy. 17 years old. Wondering why I’m 17 already? Iit is because Prince Academy added another year in elementary so we are generally a year older than the students of Princess Academy. The added year is followed by other all-boys school, so it’s okay I guess. I am the Top Student of our school. I don’t join much school activities. I only attend trainings in Math and meetings in Chess Club. I was supposed to attend trainings in science but, Math is really my thing. By that, I have lots of time to study, to read books, and to be where I want. About my family, my real dad has another family. My mom divorced my dad right after she knew. I have a half-sister. I’m a year and few months older. She studies in Princess Academy but I’ve seen her for like 5 to 6 times only. The last time I saw her was when she was 8 – half her age now. Anyway, my dad gives me money weekly. Don’t ask the amount. It is more than enough. I am in good terms with him because as I grow I understand that my mom and dad’s relationship didn’t work out... so why would I hate him? It is better than knowing that he is only pushing himself to be with us. My mom? She’s dead. She died when I was four, but she left me to a friend/patient whom I call dad. I don’t know why he is not married instead he keeps me for himself. He has been the father to me all along. He has always been supporting me. He is a businessman. He owns hotels and restaurants. He actually started when I was five and his business is doing better every year.

 

Uhmmm. I really don’t know what to s---

-…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-          -…-