02

Flawless Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Later, in the school gym]  

*snif*snif*

Crying my eyes out! So lonely! No one could understand… That day I felt that someone was pushing me over the edge! What could I do? I was sitting in the school’s gym, I thought no one would come at that hour! It was about 7 pm.

“Are you staying here for longer time? I need to exercise!”

“No! I was going to leave…”

“What’s wrong with your voice? I can’t hear you…Oh! Are you crying? Again? What are you crying for this time?” And he grabbed my hand strongly that I could feel the pain…Though I felt his palm was so soft and gentle… “I did nothing wrong I swear…”

“I know! I know… It’s not about you… It’s about ME!”

“Wait a moment! … Don’t go! We have to talk!” My wrist was still into his hand, I didn’t make an effort to release it, and I followed him where he was taking me, without words, without saying anything, I just looked at him, trying to memorize his facial lines…

“Let’s sit here” He said.

Finally we were at the school’s garden, sitting in the chair, he let go of my hand, somehow I was sad-or maybe disappointed-that he did, was I expecting him to hold onto it eternally?

“I know, I…I made you cry several times and I’m sorry for that, perhaps that’s why last time when Hong Ki confessed to you and you didn’t find how to pull yourself out of that weird situation I came and tried to help you…” Saying those words, he didn’t even look at my eyes, was he shy again? I was discovering him a little bit more those latest days, and I liked it! The shy, the caring, the regretful Jung Il Woo…

And then, he gently brushed my cheek with his finger, drying a tear left on my face… How could he be that softhearted? How could he be that lovable?

“Let’s make a compromise!” He said.

“Eh?!”

“Your eonni, Kim Na Ra, told me about Hong Ki, he’s still following you right?”

“Ah, that guy! Yeah! I still don’t know what to do with him!”

“Let’s go out together!”

“…” Blushing…

“Why are you turning red? It’s just acting! A-C-T-I-N-G!! Understood! …Not…Not for real!”

“…”

“Just to make him go away…”

“…”

“I…I will help you just this time, ok?”

“…”

“Oh my God!! Aren’t you going to say anything?? I’m not confessing to you right now!!”

“Why?…Why are you going to help me? Does it really matter for you if he’s still around or if he leaves my way?”

“NO! Definitely NOT!  I don’t have anything to do with all of that! It’s just that I don’t want you to leave thinking that I’m a bad guy and talk about me to everyone you know that way… I won’t be able to find a girlfriend then…”

“Hahaha! You’re even funny…” I said while laughing.

“You cute girl…” And he caressed my head, letting his fingers play with my hair…

Wae? Suddenly becoming a kindly, a goodhearted person? Wae? And that smile… I knew he had such a beautiful one, I’ve already regretted so much that I could see him laughing only when he was making bad jokes, I’ve always waited for him to give me a smile, one smile dedicated just for me! And I never had it before… That time, it was different! Am I still here in this word? Is that real? Am I dreaming?  Why am I seeing stars around me? Oh my God! I couldn’t remember anything… What were we talking about? Why are we even here?  But… It’s going to be the first…and the last time… I’m leaving anyway…

“HAAA!!”

“What?”

“I’m supposed to ask you the same thing! You girl…! Why are you crying again? What did I say?”

“Am I crying?...” Letting go of my head, I went back to reality, I felt my eyes full of tears but luckily no one fell down on my face.

“It’s nothing… mianhae!”

“Crying…And then smiling like nothing had happened…  You’re really special…”

[…]

“Now what did you say about…”

“Ok”

“Why are you saying it so happily?”

“I’m not happy…”

“You are!”

“What are you trying to say?”

”Nothing! Now let’s practice! You a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter