School

Protect You (HIATUS)

Chapter 1

The ride to school was silent, as usual. Sungmin hardly speaks. He always wears dark sunglasses and dress in all black. But his hair is sliver, like the moonlight. 
I open the window to greet the summer morning. The wind caresses my face and I took in the sunlight. I always love days like this; the weather is warm, which is good because I get cold really easily. I like to sit at home wrapped in my snuggie watching dramas. The car ride from my house to the school is not very long, only takes me 10 minutes to walk to school. I tried to convinced by father to let me walk, but insist that Sungmin has to drive me, “There is evil out there ~” he always tells me in a bad impersonation of Dracula.
The car stops, “We are here Lady Suho.” Sungmin parked the car at the school gate. He got out and went to open my door for me, I got out and he handed me my school bag.
“Thank you Sungmin.” I took it off him as I did, I saw my friend Victoria walking over to us. “You can go now Sungmin. Thank you for dropping me off.” Victoria was by my side as Sungmin bowed,
“Have a good day My Lady, and see you at the end of school.”
“Actually, I have to stay late today because we are planning the summer festival. I’ll text you when I’m nearly finish?” He nodded, got in the car and drove away.

~

“It’s a beautiful morning isn’t Suho.” Victoria smiled as she looked at the sky, not a cloud in sight.
“Yes, it is.” I replied, “Come on; don’t want to be late for class. I’ve got English first, you” I linked arms with her as we walked inside.
“I’ve got English as well. Let’s go!” Victoria led the way to the English block.
Victoria is my best friend. She comes from China and I known her since year 8. She’s a year older than me and I see her as a sister figure. We have most of our classes together as well. We’ve got English first. Great! Our teacher is a total nutjob. I don’t know much English, but I can tell that most of the stuff that comes out of his mouth is anything but English. He likes to prance around the room like a ballerina and I’m sure that he would wear a tutu to work if not for the dress code.
“Here we are~” Victoria sang as we entered the classroom. We sat next to each other, as always.

~

“The two persons kiss, everyone happy! Many, many claps!” My English teacher was reading from a text book, “Now, can anyone tell me what this text is about?” he said as he wrote on the board. I look at the text book in front of me and tried to read the text. It was in English, it’s not my best subject but I can just understand it. The text was describing a wedding, ‘The two people kiss, and everyone was happy for the couple. There was lots of clapping to congratulate them.’ Da faq? From what he was saying I thought it was about a scene from a drama! I swear this guy never got a degree on English.
“Suho!” I look up to see Mr Lee smiling at me. He may be a nut job but his looks make up for it. There was a rumour that he had washboard abs. Like I care.
“Would you like to answer my question?” he says as he sits on my desk with that toned of his.
“Errm....” I look around, Victoria was giving me an encouraging smile and all the other kids were looking at me, to see if I could understand what Mr Joon was going on about. “The text is describing a wedding. ‘The two people kiss’ meaning the bride and groom. ‘and everyone was happy for the couple. There was lots of clapping to congratulate them.’  Who wouldn’t be happy at a wedding?” I looked up and saw his eyes going glossy, “Sir, are you alright?”
“Yes! Of course I am! I’m so happy that a student finally understands what I’m talking about!” He got up and spread out his arms, hitting a kid called Sungyeol in that face,
“Ow!” he said as he pushed away the teacher’s arms,
“Oh my! I’m so sorry are you ok?” he looked at the student who had blood running from his nose. “Wow. Would someone be kind enough to take our dear Sungyeol to the nurse” he shouted to the class. Everyone put their hands up, anything to get out of class.
“Suho! Since you answered correctly, you can take Sungyeol to the nurse.” I got up and walked out of the class room with Sungyeol.

~

“Thanks for doing this Suho.” Sungyeol said as we were walking down the hall. He had two cotton balls up his nostrils to stop the blood from coming out.
“No problem!” I smiled back. The nurse said it was nothing serious, just that he won’t be able to smell for a few days.
We walked past the main reception and saw the head mistress, Miss BoA. We both bowed as we walked past her,
“Ah! Hello Suho and Sungyeol ~” she stopped us from going back to the classroom.
“Hello Madam,” I greeted. Sungyeol froze. His nose started to bleed again. Miss BoA is one of those teachers that all the boys fall in love with. Her chocolate brown hair is tied back into a ballerina bun. She’s wearing a black and white polka dot dress with a 5” pumps. She’s really kind. She knows everybody’s names and there’s about over 200 of us at the school. She is very reasonable and doesn’t like to punish people. Sungyeol wiped off the blood and excuse himself off to the boy’s bathroom.
 “Suho, you can speak mandarin don’t you?” She turns to me,
 “Not very well Miss. My best friend is from China, so she teaches me a bit.” She smiled at my reply. Suddenly, a boy came from behind her. He had dark brown hair with neon green tips on his fringe. The length was around his collar bone. He was wearing the school inform of white shirt, black trousers, blue tie and the school blazer with the black satchel.
“Suho, this is my son, Zhang Yixing”