Chapter 5; Let's Hold Hands

The Adolescent Adventures of Onew Appa and Baby Taemin

"Taemin, let's go."

"Nooooooooo~!!!!!" Taemin yelled hugging onto Jeremy and the couch for his dear life. 

"It won't be that bad, Taemin. I'll be right there once it's over."

"I don't wanna~!!" Taemin shook his head against the couch and started crying. 

"I don't wanna! I don't wanna! I don't wanna!" Jinki sighed and sat down beside Taemin.

"Taemin, don't be like this." Taemin didn't listen and continued crying. Jinki lifted Taemin off the couch and sat him down on his lap. Taemin wrapped his legs around Jinki's waist and buried his face on his neck, still crying.

"I don't wanna go to school, appa" Jinki lifted Taemin's head from his neck and wiped his tears.

"It will be okay, Minnie. I promise. Your teacher is one of appa's close friends." Taemin shook his head and sniffed.

"Tell you what: Go this one day. Just today. If you don't like it, then we can try something else, okay?" Taemin hesitated, before nodding. Jinki smiled and cleaned Taemin's face, before buckling him up on his booster seat. When they got to the school Taemin refused to be carried by his appa and clutched his leg instead. Jinki smiled and waved over to the teacher at the front steps.

"JAEJOONG!" Jeajoong looked over and walked towards Jinki. Jeajoong kneeled down to Taemin and smiled.

"Hi there!" Taemin hid behind Jinki's leg and clutched Jeremy tightly.

"My name's Jaejoong. Would you like to come inside?"

"Appa..." Taemin whispered. 

"It's okay, Taeminnie. He'll take care of you." Jinki lightly pushed Taemin towards Jaejoong. 

"I'll be right here once school is over, okay?" Jeajoong took Taemin's free hand and led him inside the school. Taemin looked back at his dad, who was waving at him with a smile on his face. Taemin was on the verge of tears, but he didn't want to make his appa sad. Jeajoong seemed nice though. In a way he reminded him of his umma. Jaejoong opened the door to the classroom and led Taemin inside. Taemin nervously looked around and saw most of the students were surrounding a young boy with frog-like eyes. The boy saw Taemin entering the room and looked over. Taemin ran behind Jaejoong's leg and clutched his jeans. The boy jumped down from his seat and ran over to Taemin.

"Hi! I'm Minho! What's your name?"

"T-Taemin..."

"Hi Taemin! You're cute! Come and play with me!" Minho said, taking Taemin's small hands into his own and pulling the boy with him to his table. Jaejoong smiled and watched over Taemin the rest of the day. Not that he needed it, Taemin looked just fine playing with Minho. Jaejoong smiled at how Taemin and Minho looked together. Throughout the class, Minho hadn't let go of Taemin's hand. Heck, even just to get a crayon 4 steps away, he had to take Taemin. Taemin never said a word. He just followed, clutching Jeremy with one arm and holding Minho's hand with the other.

Jaejoong reached for the back pocket of his jeans as he felt his phone vibrate.

'How's he doing?'

Of course, Jinki.

'He's doing fine. Don't worry. He's already made a new friend.' Jeajoong texted back. Jaejoong continued watching the kids, but got distracted when a group of young one's were begging him to play with them. Minho and Taemin were laying on the grass, hands intertwined.

"Look, Taemin! A lady bug!" Minho pointed to a ladybug crawling on the grass, making Taemin yelp.

"Hyung! I don't like bugs!" Taemin cried, latching himself onto Minho.

"It's okay, Minnie! They don't bite," Minho said taking the butterfly on his  finger and showing it to Taemin. His smile dropped as he saw Taemin's bottom lip begin to quiver and eyes started watering. Minho immediately put the bug back on the grass and hugged Taemin.

"I'm sorry, Minnie. It's gone now."

"I-It's okay," Taemin said, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Children! Time to go back inside!" 

"Hyung! Let's go before more bugs come!" Taemin said, tugging at Minho's arm. Minho grinned and nodded, taking Taemin's hand once more and running back inside. After class ended, Jaejoong was standing by the door of the class, waving by to the kids as they left to see their parents. The last ones out were Taemin and Minho.

"Bye, seonsaengnim!" Minho said, as they walked outside. Taemin shyly bowed to Jaejoong before he was dragged down the hall by Minho. Once they got outside, Taemin's eyes lit up as he saw Jinki waving to him. 

"Appa!" Minho frowned as Taemin let go of his hand and ran towards Jinki. Jinki laughed as Taemin almost tripped running at full speed towards him. Jinki caught Taemin and lifted him up, giving him a big kiss on the cheek.

"How was your first day?"

"It was fun, appa! I made a new friend!"

"Really? See, I told you it wouldn't be that bad." Taemin nodded and grinned.

"You were right, appa! Can we go get ice cream now?" Taemin asked. Jinki laughed and ruffled his sons head. 

"Of course. I promised you didn't I?"

"YAY~!" Taemin yelled, throwing his arms up for emphasis.

----

YEAHHHH~!!! I'm doing awesome in my classes so far, so I rarely have any homework BD

Hope you guys enjoyed and reviews are greatly appreciated!