Chapter 3; Jeremy & Pancakes

The Adolescent Adventures of Onew Appa and Baby Taemin

"Dammit, Key. If we shop anymore my legs are going to fall off. Can't we take a break? I think Taemin's hungry." Jinki groaned.

"Why do you say that?" Key asked.

"Because he's furiously trying to bite my cheek." Jinki said, pointing to Taemin who was attaching his lips to Jinki's cheek and yelling 'aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh'. Key chuckled and took Taemin off of Jinki's arms.

"Is baby hungry?" Taemin's eyes went wide before giggling and nodding.

"Come on, let's get something to eat." Key brought them to a high class restaurant and put Taemin down. Taemin ran over to Jinki and held his hand while the other held on to his bear. When they sat down, Taemin still held onto Jinki while observing the place. When the food arrived, Taemin climbed up onto Jinki's lap. 

"Taeminnie, you never told me what your bears name was." Key asked.

"Jemmy!"

"Jemmy?" Jinki and Key asked in unison. Jinki looked at the writing engraved on the bears paw.

"You mean Jeremy?" Jinki asked. Taemin nodded as he opened his mouth for food.

"Jemmy!"

After a long day at the mall, Jinki drove Key home and sighed as he saw all of the things he had to drag to the house. He took the sleeping Taemin from the car and placed him on a small pink futon on the living room floor. He then went back to the car and started unloading the shopping bags. Halfway through, he heard Taemin cry from inside the house. Jinki immediately dropped the bags and ran inside the house. He saw Taemin on his knees, holding his arms up, telling Jinki to carry him.

"APPA!" Taemin cried, with a pacifier still hanging from his mouth. Jinki kneeled down in front of Taemin and watched as Taemin made his way to him. Taemin wrapped his arms around Jinki's neck and leaned his head on his shoulder. Jinki hugged Taemin and pulled him onto his lap. He rubbed his back as he heard Taemin sniffling.

"Appa is sorry for leaving you, baby." 

Taeminnie eventually stopped crying, but he refused to let go of Jinki, which resulted in the shopping bags staying in the car for the rest of the day.

"Appa!" He heard someone cry. He felt a hand on his face, a he heard sniffles echoing throughout the room. Jinki slowly opened his eyes and saw a teary eyed baby staring at him. He immediately sat up and took Taemin in his arms.

"What's wrong baby? Is your diaper full?" Taemin nodded and sniffed again.

"You're such a good boy for telling me." Jinki said. He gave Taemin a soft kiss on the nose, making him giggle. After Jinki finished changing his diaper, he placed Taemin back on his place in the bed. He gave him his bottle of milk and started lightly patting his to make him fall asleep. Taemin reached out with one of his hands and placed his hand on Jinki's cheek. He then flashed a smile and patted Jinki on the cheek with his tiny hands. Jinki took Taemin's hands and kissed it, making Taemin laugh. Soon after, Taemin fell asleep, still holding onto Jinki's hands.

Holding onto Jinki when he went to sleep had always been a habit of Taemin. Even until now when is at the age of 4. Throughout the years that they've known each other, Taemin always clinged onto Jinki. Even when Key Umma or Uncle Jjong was around, Taemin never failed to make sure his appa knows that he's always number 1. Even at the age of 4, Taemin was quite responsible. He always woke up Jinki whenever he knew his appa had school and he knew how to dress and shower himself but that didn't mean that Jinki allowed him too. It always seems to baffle Jinki, how Taemin refused to let go of his pacifier. Most kids at this age don't even use their pacifiers anymore.

"APPAAAAAAA~!!!!!" Jinki heard someone yell. He groaned and covered his face with a pillow.

"5 more minutes, Taeminnie..." Jinki mumbled. Taemin pouted and huffed. 

"APPA~!!!!" Taemin whined and jumped on Jinki. He then started throwing his arms and kicking legs while rolling on top of his appa's figure. Jinki groaned and pretended to cry. Taemin stopped and crawled over near his appa's head. He hugged Jeremy tight, he always got scared when his appa was crying.

"....appa?" Jinki whined again. He noticed Taemin stopped talking and looked up from the pillow. Taemin's bottom lip was quivering and his eyes got watery. Jinki immediately sat up and pulled Taemin into a hug.

"Taeminnie is sorry appa! Please don't cry!" Taemin cried.

"Taeminnie don't cry. Appa was just joking," Jinki said, trying to calm the crying 4 year old. Alas, no avail. Taemin cried as if Jinki crying was the worst thing that could ever happen to him. Taemin continued crying and Jinki didn't know what to do. He brushed Taemin's hair out of his forehead and gave him a small kiss.

"Taemin, stop." Taemin's cries died down and turned into small hiccups and sniffles. Whenever Jinki called his by his real name and not 'Taeminnie' he would always listen.

"Appa is sorry, baby. I was just joking. I promise I won't do it again." Jinki said, wiping away Taemin's tears. Taemin hugged Jinki as tight as he could.

"It's Taeminnie's fault, appa. Taeminnie shouldn't cry..." Jinki smiled and pecked Taemin on  the forehead one more time.

"It's okay. It's not your fault. What do you say we go and make pancakes?" Taemin wiped his nose with the sleeve of his shirt and beamed a smile.

"Can we make one with chocolate chips?" Jinki smiled and nodded. He picked up Taemin and carried him as they made their way down the stairs.

"OH! And whipped cream? Pleeeaaasseee appa~!" Jinki chuckled.

"Anything you want, Taeminnie"

"OH OH! Can we make some for Jemmy too? And stack the pancakes REAAAALLLYYYY high? Then have ice cream?"

"That's a lot of sugar in the morning. Think you can handle it?"

"Of course!" Jinki chuckled and ruffled his sons hair.

"Anything for my Taeminnie."

----------------------

Derp. Graduating this year guys Q___Q. My first priority right now is graduating high school so I'll try to update to the best of my ability, just don't expect me to update daily. 

I'm so happy about the feedback for this story. Guys, seriously. Guys. You're awesome. Virtual hug?