Chapter 12; Haircuts and 20 Grandchildren

The Adolescent Adventures of Onew Appa and Baby Taemin

It was a beautiful sunny morning in the Lee household. You could hear the smell of freshly cooked bacon and pancakes and all was well.

"APPA! I DON'T WANNA~!" A loud cry filled the air as a young 12 year old boy yelled at his father.

"Lee Taemin! Don't use that tone  with me! You're getting a haircut whether you like it or not!" Jinki said, trying his best not to raise his voice. He took the pancake out of the pan before placing it ont Taemin's plate.

"But Minho hyung said he liked my hair this way!"

"Taemin, your hair is down to your shoulders! Besides, Key is going to cut your hair. I don't see what the big deal is."

"What if Minho hyung doesn't like my hair? He won't love me anymore!" Jinki sighed and lightly pinched the bridge of his nose. He sat down on the chair infront of Taemin and started cutting his pancakes.

"If Minho really loved you, I'm sure that one haircut isn't going to change it," Jinki said, watching his son's reaction. Taemin scrunched his eyebrows together and pouted.

"Fine," Taemin started, "But it will be your fault if you don't get any grandchildren!" Jinki choked on the pancake and quickly gulped down a glass of orange juice. 

"Grandchildren?!"

"Yeah! Minho hyung says he wants 20 kids!" Jinki felt lightheaded and clutched his head.

"Don't you think that's a bit much?" 

"Whatever Minho hyung wants!" Jinki sighed and stood up, suddenly losing his appetite.

"O-Ok, let's go and get ready." After getting ready, Jinki drove to Key's apartment that he shared with Jonghyun. Key opened the door with open arms, pulling Taemin into a bone crushing hug and leading him to the living room. There was a stool set up near the television and underneath were newspapers.

"You can watch T.V. while I cut your hair, Taeminnie," Key said putting a towel around his neck. He sprayed water on Taemin's head and began cutting. 

"Is Jonghyun at work?" Jinki asked, grabbing a bag of chips from the cupboards.

"Yeah he got called in for overtime." After cutting Taemin's hair, Taemin gave him a kiss on the cheek and ran to Jinki before sitting on his lap.

"Ahh~ My baby looks so cute," Jinki said, ruffling Taemin's hair.

"Thank you, appa~! Can we go to Minho hyung's house now?" Jinki nodded and put away the bag of chips. "Bye, umma!"

"Bye, Minnie! I'll see you tomorrow okay?" Taemin nodded before hugging and kissing Key goodbye. After arriving at Minho's house, Jinki dropped Taemin off at the porch before Minho opened the door.

"Minnie!"

"Hyung!" Taemin practically leaped out of the car and rand to hug Minho.

"Did you get a haircut, Minnie?" Taemin nodded and looked down.

"Does hyung not like it?"

"Of course I do! You always look cute, Minnie!" Minho said, before kissing Taemin on the cheek and pulling him inside the house. Jinki was about to drive off before one of the maids stopped him.

"Master Jinki, Mr.Choi wishes to see you in his office," The maid said.

"Me?" The maid smiled and nodded. Jinki parked his car and followed the maid to the office. She knocked on the door before opening. 

"Mr. Choi, he is here."

"Thank you. You are dismissed." The maid bowed and left, before closing the door behind her. Jinki awkwardly looked around, waiting for Mr.Choi to get off the phone. Mr.Choi looked quite young, he could be mistaken for his mid 20's. He can see where Minho gets his good looks from. After the phone call, Mr.Choi turned over to look at him.

"Ah, Mr.Lee. Have a seat." He said, motioning Jinki to sit in the seat in front of him.

"You wanted to see me about something?"

"I actually called you here to discuss a very important matter."

"Which is?"

"It's about Minho and your son, Taemin."

"Is something wrong? Taemin usually doesn't misbehave."

"No, No. It's not that. My wife and I have been talking and maybe it's best if your son and my son stop seeing each other."

"Excuse me?"

"You see, I'm raising my son to become the best so he can easily take over the company. It seems that he spends most of his time with your son rather than focusing at the current task at hand."

"Surely, Minho gets time to rest. He's only a kid."

"That is why he should start now. The earlier the better. My son had no problem focusing before he met your son."

"Are you saying that my son is the problem?" 

"Well, yes. Minho's focusing Taemin and living a comfortable life. How can my child live a comfortable life with another boy? Not to mention, Taemin doesn't seem like a bright kid. No offense. I won't have my son marrying a boy, let alone someone who can't get a top paying job." Jinki stood up and slammed his fists on the table.

"How DARE you?!"

"Mr.Lee, I can pay. How much do you--"

"Who the hell do you think you are?! Taemin is a bright child and will become whatever his heart's desire! He is someone who's beautiful inside AND out. No matter how much that kid has been through, he still think's about others and would NEVER purposely hurt someone. Not to mention  the fact that Minho's 13 years old! He's supposed to be playing soccer with his friends or playing videos. He's supposed to be a KID. Not an adult. I raised Taemin to be whatever he wants to be and I am in no way going to force him into becoming something he's not. If you even acknowledged your son as a kid, he is miserable because of all the pressure you put on him and Taemin is the only person who actually makes him feel like a human being." Jinki sighed, letting himself calm down.

"Thank you for your time, Mr.Choi. Goodbye." 

-

ALMOST 100 SUBSCRIBERS. -cries- I LOVE YOU GUYS. -virtual hug-